A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy flocc I'm tired. Boxed and stacked 14 pallets today, 5 of which are going to Korea! They even had a rep their today taking pictures and videos of us canning. We are short staffed all week so I did all the pallets today. Thats 72 cases a pallet of 16oz beer. Thats 24,192 lbs i lifted today you lazy floccs! I certained earned this hour old beer. Took the last two "dented" four packs home so still cold. :D

Btw, all tallgrass beers are canned 150 before the best by date, but some specialties are a year or just "canned on" instead. Ill catch up with the thread later...

View attachment 336510View attachment 336511

Didn't miss anything in here. Good for you for getting your hands dirty for once. :D

nudes inc

Loled

Smart move taking the ball peen hammer in today. ;)

I thought so! Packtec gave as hell the last half hour and kept spitting out single cans instead of four packs. I thought most looked good but they were borderline and not repacked. I was cool with it!

Didn't miss anything in here. Good for you for getting your hands dirty for once.

Right?! Its a small change from my desk job...

Speaking of dirty ... @finsfan - do you just wash the cans before filling them or do you subject them with some kind of chemical additive?

Quick rinse in a no rinse sanitizer i believe. Ill ask tomorrow though.

Holy flocc I'm tired. Boxed and stacked 14 pallets today, 5 of which are going to Korea! They even had a rep their today taking pictures and videos of us canning. We are short staffed all week so I did all the pallets today. Thats 72 cases a pallet of 16oz beer. Thats 24,192 lbs i lifted today you lazy floccs! I certained earned this hour old beer. Took the last two "dented" four packs home so still cold. :D

Btw, all tallgrass beers are canned 150 days before the best by date, but some specialties are a year or just "canned on" instead. Ill catch up with the thread later...

So...they're sending beer to Korea, but can't throw some TX way? Tallgrass is dead to me now. Dead to me, I say!

Btw, all tallgrass beers are canned 150 days before the best by date, but some specialties are a year or just "canned on" instead. Ill catch up with the thread later...

Hmm. So, Korea gets Vanilla Bean Buff but NW Arkansas gets none. I see how it is.

Attachments

• IMG_20160209_184727.jpg
    IMG_20160209_184727.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 33
So...they're sending beer to Korea, but can't throw some TX way? Tallgrass is dead to me now. Dead to me, I say!

Hey I have world class beer brewed in my own state that I can't get, but residents of WA, OR, CO, hell even New York state have current access too. Talk about getting F'd.

You know, I kinda thought the same thing.

It does cost like 7 grand per label to distro here though. Insane.

Ya'll beat me too it. We get regular Buff but haven't seen any variants.

Probably local distros problem. I was just busting fins balls.

Second pull of first pin of Oat Mild. It's significantly stronger than my house Mild (about 4% instead of 2.8%), so I won't be killing the whole pin now, but this may be one of the best things I've ever brewed.

Plus @banesong hooked me up with goodies. 4x Drei Fonteinen, 4x Girardin Black Label, 12x Bluebird, 12x Wadworth, 8x Landlord.

Happy to due so. A bunch of bluebird is in my fridge for the weekend.

Mrmph.... Seltzer again. Gonna be dryish this week.

You know, I kinda thought the same thing.

It does cost like 7 grand per label to distro here though. Insane.

Yeah, TX certainly doesn't make it easy for breweries to enter the market. Despite that, we've been getting a lot of new distribution the past few years, though.

Hey I have world class beer brewed in my own state that I can't get, but residents of WA, OR, CO, hell even New York state have current access too. Talk about getting F'd.

Crazy when that kinda stuff happens.

WTF. Why brew it if you can't sell it at home. That's craziness.

LA was a recipient of such a gift last year. Southern Prohibition brewed a barleywine (Barley Legal) that was supposed to come in right at the MS limit (10.5% IIRC). They overshot by a little (~11.2ish I think), so they couldn't sell it in state.

LA was a recipient of such a gift last year. Southern Prohibition brewed a barleywine (Barley Legal) that was supposed to come in right at the MS limit (10.5% IIRC). They overshot by a little (~11.2ish I think), so they couldn't sell it in state.

Yep, caused an uproar. Some bottles may or may not of had come up our way though.

Yeah, TX certainly doesn't make it easy for breweries to enter the market. Despite that, we've been getting a lot of new distribution the past few years, though.

For sure. I don't make it into the good bottle shop often enough, but there's a new label in there every time.

Cheers!

I knew brewery work was real work. There has to be a downside. I guess one could surmise that free beer might outweigh that. I'm too old for that crap.

I'm glad I'm doing this now and not later. Most of the jobs there arent near as painstaking as mine is. I'm bottom of the totem pole though and i expected exactly this. Not surprised its tough. Still pretty fun working around everything else.

This is exactly what my supervisor said haha. Probably cost less to enter the market and will have less competition. Also shipped to the Caribbean before. Trying for more countries as well.

Hmm. So, Korea gets Vanilla Bean Buff but NW Arkansas gets none. I see how it is.

Idk, maybe they are paying $100 a case haha.

Good choice, cheers!

Oh damn ABV limits.

I bet Prairie runs into this all the time. OK beer laws make TX look like...another place.

Id already retire if that was true. You cant deny the greatness of that beer Billy!

New beer alert! Tried this at the Taphouse on Friday and it was amazing, but didn't have the caramel or salt additions in the version i tried. Cant wait to try it, cans were delivered today.

View attachment 336531

I will be looking for that.

Id already retire if that was true. You cant deny the greatness of that beer Billy!

New beer alert! Tried this at the Taphouse on Friday and it was amazing, but didn't have the caramel or salt additions in the version i tried. Cant wait to try it, cans were delivered today.

View attachment 336531

Put me down. We need to trade anyway. Well, need is a strong word.

Haha is that beer not fantastic though?

Yes. I want lots more of this.

View attachment 336531

Sounds good. Maybe you can send me some....or I guess I could vacation in Korea.

Back