A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Today, 05:33 PM #138
applescrap
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes

Oct 2015
Denver, Colorojo
Liked 310 Times on 217 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jddevinn View Post
I really want to leave this thread but can not seem to get myself to.

Well you said you believe what is on the label, which is a recommended range of 5.4°F. That is a pretty specific range. Do you believe the manufacturer or do you believe that tempertures doesn't matter? Can't be both.

Well, your statements seem to be that you don't care.

What tests???

I would enjoy your company on a lighter thread. Join us on the friendly thread. Cheers

Hey quoting me out of context, thats not playing fair. Of course i dont own a hydrometer, gave a really good rationale once will try to find it. The rest doesn't really add up to i dont measure, clean, sanitize understand brewing etc..

Consider this, would it be possible for me to not care at all about brewing and make good beer because i know how to?

No, your the abomination of this thread, this used to be a lively and vibrant thread, now 60% of the time you talk to yourself.

This thread was dead when i got here because everyone had moved on or had too for being, well like you, rex the grouch. I get it now.

Hope to play in vail this weekend. The course is right alongside the highway, but the leaves should be changing

Damn, @PianoMan, damn!
View attachment 368765
If the commercial Yellow Rose is nearly as good as this, I'd be blown away! In fact, next time just send more of this. I don't need the lesser one with some fancy-shmancy label.

Also, can't wait til next month to try the huna clone!

Thanks for the kind words! I have subtle changes for next batch...of course, because we're HB'ers. 😉

60 min delay, sucks. Can take 4 hours to get to mountains now. Phish is in town and so are all their fans. I guess its pretty epic out there

Glad they held up from growler to bottle and a week of shipping. You're the guinea pig Lou. So hard to get fresh ipa bottles, but fresh PhP beers are fully available.

To be completely and totally honest, they were great. The ONLY thing was, it seemed the carbonation levels were probably a little less than desired. I wouldn't call them flat or anything, but I couldn't really get a good head on them, as seen in the pictures. Really though, taste-wise, they were great. I'm just doing my best to nit-pick. ;)

Thanks again!

To be completely and totally honest, they were great. The ONLY thing was, it seemed the carbonation levels were probably a little less than desired. I wouldn't call them flat or anything, but I couldn't really get a good head on them, as seen in the pictures. Really though, taste-wise, they were great. I'm just doing my best to nit-pick. ;)

Thanks again!

Agreed. Noticed that. But every bottle from California my wife brought back last month, bought in a craft beer store, tasted the same. Little bit of malt and bitter. Like zero aroma/flavor, aka old. So I'd take that trade-off any day.

Think if i could find a long thin funnel to transfer, that may help. Lot of carbonation is lost during growler to bottle transfer.

Agreed. Noticed that. But every bottle from California my wife brought back last month, bought in a craft beer store, tasted the same. Little bit of malt and bitter. Like zero aroma/flavor, aka old. So I'd take that trade-off any day.

Think if i could find a long thin funnel to transfer, that may help. Lot of carbonation is lost during growler to bottle transfer.

Sucks that your Cali bottles were lame! How did mine make the trip? It hasn't been too hot around here, so they shouldn't have degraded too much... Then again, depending on the bottle shop, it's quite possible they were stored warm. I can tell you that the bottle I sent never got warm before the trip. Straight from RR's cooler to my fridge, then a couple hour blast in my freezer right before boxing just for the overkill factor.
I'm surprised that these bottles were filled from a growler! I would actually expect MORE carbonation loss and oxidation than what I got! Anyway, maybe a section of silicon tubing at the end of a funnel down into the bottle? I may even blast some co2 in there beforehand just for kicks. But like I said, even with the travel time and a couple days in my fridge, they were still great! I'd drink them all again just as they were!

Good ideas there Lou for next time! That Pliny was the best one I've had since 2014, including other's a month old so perhaps you're correct. Dribble Belt was top notch. It's taken me a few years to warm up to sours. Glad I waited. Wouldn't have appreciated those RR sours like I do now. Superb!

The stouts we're awesome from her trip. And got some nice glasses to make up for the craptastic ipas. 😀

I use my SodaStream to shoot co2 in bottles before i fill them from keg. Dont know how well it works but my friend left one a couple weeks and it was ok. If i recall

Gourmet on gore today for me. We shared an Elways restaurant green chili hamburger. Larkburgers from larkspur. The Larkburgers have a truffle oil sauce on it, fish tacos, pork tacos and a corn shrimp bisque. No beer just some good rum from a vendor. Actually can't comment on rum too much as it was a drink. First time i can remember where we got a decent size portion.

Latest posts

Back