A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The deal also gives Cigar City access to Fireman’s financial resources as well as potential brewing capacity at Oskar Blues’ facilities in Longmont, Colo., Brevard, N.C. and a third, yet to open brewery in Austin, Texas.

That makes some of these deals worth it if you can expand capacity without having to invest in a new facility.

This exactly

200.gif

The deal also gives Cigar City access to Fireman’s financial resources as well as potential brewing capacity at Oskar Blues’ facilities in Longmont, Colo., Brevard, N.C. and a third, yet to open brewery in Austin, Texas.

That makes some of these deals worth it if you can expand capacity without having to invest in a new facility.

Yep. An interview with the founder said he wasn't going to take on debt to expand. So this would make sense.

I feel like i'm in the minority here, but I LOVE DST. :ban:

...but then I realized that its not his fault that we STILL use it.

I love it. It's just this one day that I always have a rough time waking up. I don't sleep well as it is, adjusting takes me a little. Can't even begin to explain how happy I am that it won't be dark out when I get home. Could consider brewing after work again now. Which reminds me..

My stout has been in the bucket for a week now. Is that too long? Did I ruin it? The bubbler thing stopped bubbling so it is obviously done.

I love it. It's just this one day that I always have a rough time waking up. I don't sleep well as it is, adjusting takes me a little. Can't even begin to explain how happy I am that it won't be dark out when I get home. Could consider brewing after work again now. Which reminds me..

My stout has been in the bucket for a week now. Is that too long? Did I ruin it? The bubbler thing stopped bubbling so it is obviously done.

Gah. It's ruined. Package it up and send it to anyone but me for disposal. I've run out of room for beer. Might have to sell some records to make room.

Boy, don't you have an answer to everything this morning! ;)

I can guarantee I'll tap out and have the mental capacity of a toaster by this afternoon.

See? That allegory was complete crap. It's already begun. I don't even know if allegory is the right word to use.

My blonde ale keeps getting stronger. It was supposed to be ~4.3% (based on 75% efficiency) but I hit 87% eff, and it's attenuated super-well down to 1.010, so it's now 5.5%. It's officially an imperial light blonde ale.

It also has a definite corn/buttery-ness to it also, which is all messed up, since I did the boil uncovered. Hopefully it ages out. Either way I'll drink it.

Should be OK. Whats the ABV? If you are in or above the 8% mark, the longer the better to smooth it out
Maybe take it off the cake to a secondary, depending on if you are adding any adjuncts

My blonde ale keeps getting stronger. It was supposed to be ~4.3% (based on 75% efficiency) but I hit 87% eff, and it's attenuated super-well down to 1.010, so it's now 5.5%. It's officially an imperial light blonde ale.

It also has a definite corn/buttery-ness to it also, which is all messed up, since I did the boil uncovered. Hopefully it ages out. Either way I'll drink it.

The one time I thought I had a DMS problem it was gone a week later. Blonde Ale that time too.

Or, it's ruined, send it to the next name I draw out of the coffee can of return addresses.

Doing a diacetyl rest? That will probably age out.

Should be OK. Whats the ABV? If you are in or above the 8% mark, the longer the better to smooth it out
Maybe take it off the cake to a secondary, depending on if you are adding any adjuncts

Stop being nice, I was trying to troll people. Damnit. It will probably come in around 5%, I would imagine.. maybe a touch lower from my funky brew day. I'm not adding anything to it. Also did not add any cake, so not sure what you're talking about there.

Stop being nice, I was trying to troll people. Damnit. It will probably come in around 5%, I would imagine.. maybe a touch lower from my funky brew day. I'm not adding anything to it.

I can't help it, I'm on the good happy pills.
Id give it another week or so at the minimum until bottle or keg. If you were going to add anything to it like coffee, try adding in a bit of lemon zest. You will be surprised on what it does to it.

Doing a diacetyl rest? That will probably age out.

Did one, effectively. I started the fermentation in the low 60s and gradually upped it to about 65-67F (actual, no ambient).

Half the batch is now bottled. I'll try one in ~10 days and see how it is. The other half is spending a couple weeks on mangoes.

Did one, effectively. I started the fermentation in the low 60s and gradually upped it to about 65-67F (actual, no ambient).

Half the batch is now bottled. I'll try one in ~10 days and see how it is. The other half is spending a couple weeks on mangoes.

Canada gets mangos. I learned something today :D

Which yeast strain did you use? Ringwood?

Id give it another week or so at the minimum until bottle or keg. If you were going to add anything to it like coffee, try adding in a bit of lemon zest. You will be surprised on what it does to it.

Yeah. I'm just going to treat it like the rest of my beers, since it's my first stout. I want to see how it turns out, then if it is worth it.. I'll do it again with additions. Just need to see what the base recipe is like first...

Anyone know what thread a perlick faucet has for the handle? Starting designs for the machine shop to make me a couple, was just unsure. They look somewhere around 3/8.

Coffee, tired. Won't blame DST, baby was restless from 4-5:30 this morning. So I got to lay in bed and hear him let out a cry before he fell sleep for 15 minutes and let out another cry.

So if the bar thing works out will you be giving up the brown outfit or will the bar be an added gig?

One more French press. Tough to get motivated on such a dreary day.

Side gig at least for a few years, because I have so much free time. ;)

I had a feeling it was coming, but at least the waited until after Huna Day...

@1977ishbrewer did you ever post a final pic of floor? What all work you do to it, how much it cost? Looked nice from what could see.

Back