A few questions about brewing a Watermelon Wheat

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueSunshine

Reaction score
So I found this recipe and decided that this is the next beer I want to brew:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f70/watermelon-wheat-79449/

In regards to the honey, should this be added after the hour long boil? After some searching I came up with multiple answers, but I couldn't figure out when to add it (other than not boiling it which apparently is when it loses all of it's flavor).

Additionally, I know that wheat beers are supposed to be better when you drink them early so how long do you think this beer should be in fermenter and how long should be be bottle conditioned?

I'm pretty new to brewing but from what I've read and what I read in the recipe thread agrees is you'd add the honey and the bulk of the LME at the last 15 min. This would minimize scorching and give enough time in the boil to pasteurize the Honey and LME added at the 15min mark. That's what I would do if brewing this recipe.

I'm pretty new to brewing but from what I've read and what I read in the recipe thread agrees is you'd add the honey and the bulk of the LME at the last 15 min. This would minimize scorching and give enough time in the boil to pasteurize the Honey and LME added at the 15min mark. That's what I would do if brewing this recipe.

I agree with the 15 minute boil for honey and LME.

Back