A experienced eye to look at my brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelJames

Reaction score
Hey,

I am brand new to home brewing and loving it so far. I just finished bottling my first brew this morning which is a Brewferm Triple, it tastes like its going to be a great beer!

Anyway, the reason I am posting here is because I have another brew on the go. I started it a week ago and its a Brewferm Grand Cru. Today has been the first time I've taken a look at it to take a hydo reading.

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing in the brew is normal or not. I've googled for images of healthy / unhealthily brews but to no avail. Would one of you fine people mine taking a look at the below picture and telling me if I should throw this out or if this is just the yeast doing it things.

DSC_0024_zps0cdc47ff.jpg

I'm hoping that what I see is similar to what I find at the bottle of a Rochefort 10 beer and not something I should be worrying about.

Thanks for reading!

Regards

Mike

Thanks for the feedback. As I said, I'm really new to this so a little paranoid about everything. Hopefully as I build my confidence stupid questions like these will becoming a thing of the past.

Looks like co2 bubbles and break material to me - all if which is normal.

Looks great to me. Fermentation isn't pretty but it normally leads to beautiful things.

Thanks for the feedback. As I said, I'm really new to this so a little paranoid about everything. Hopefully as I build my confidence stupid questions like these will becoming a thing of the past.

Michael, looks good, keep it up. :tank:

Rick

There's most likely good beer underneath that layer of break material. You're seeing the aftermath of the krousen (foam produced from fermentation) settling down.

Back