5500 watt 240 VAC RIPPLE element for $27.34 ea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is anyone using these?? I'm researching a build right now and these are the least expensive so far. Good deal if they work.

But how much does it cost when you have to replace them when the base rusts?

Well I have been using the same non stainless 5500 watt element AND 1500 watt element in my HLT for at least 10 years, probably closer to 12. I would say rust has not been an issue for me. ;).

Cheers
Jay

Had to give em a run for their money today.... :)

I was trying to post a short Video but having issues. So this is all ya get...LOL

Cheers
Jay

IMG_20160221_121327079.jpg

If you're not in a rush, keep an eye on Amazon. These are the elements I'm using. One was about $27, but the other I snagged when the price dropped to $17 and change. I painted my bases with por15 I think it's called, a rust impeding paint that's supposedly food safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm certain that's just an oversight. It's obviously the same length and wattage as it's non stainless counterpart.

LWD 5500W ripple Elements do exist, i wouldnt consider it an oversight.

Its made by Demord, who as far as i can tell are just a mass producer in China who sell on Alibaba to other retailers . They have no website i can find.

The density rating comes from the wattage divided by the length. These are the exact same model as the ULWD 5500w ripple elements everyone has been using, except that they are stainless. In this case, it's an oversight.

In the amazon questions it seems this element is a bit shorter than the other and a little higher in watt density. The non stainless wavy seems to be at about 7 watts /cm2 and the SS version seems to be about 12.88 watts per cm2. I have no idea if this is significant. sorry for the oversight guys! i saw stainless and wavy and lost my head :-(

*edit*
quick conversion thats 45.1612 W/in2 for the non-ss, an about 80 W/in2 for the SS in difference. again, no idea if that is significant.

According to the comments on the item, the length of the element when seated is 13 7/8", which is slightly longer than what my ULWD Camco elements measure. In fact in the questions, both elements are claimed to be 12.88 w/cm^2

Latest posts

Back