• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Missouri 30G Bottom Drain Electric HERMS (HLT, MLT and BK) - $800

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deprecated

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
First things first:
  • This is what little history I have on these kettles.
  • If you choose to buy this you understand the risks of an electric brewing setup and the importance of taking necessary safety precautions.
  • LOCAL PICKUP ONLY! (Springfield, MO).
  • I won't separate it. I think this is a very good deal and I'd rather put it in storage than end up with a partial setup.
  • Price is $800.

Now that I've got that out of the way, this has been a great brewing setup. Unfortunately I've not used it in 2 years and the last time it was used it wasn't cleaned properly, so it will require some attention. I'm only selling it because I never intend to brew more than 10 gallon batches now.

• The kettles are all approx. 30 gallons and stand about 37" tall with the stainless stand.
  • The HLT stainless HERMS coil is 1/2" OD x 50 feet.
  • All quick connects are stainless camlock (F style from bargainfittings.com).
  • The MLT has a domed false bottom.
  • Both (HLT and BK) elements are 5500W.

Pictures:

IMG_20170316_081517.jpg

IMG_20170316_081626.jpg

IMG_20170316_081645.jpg

IMG_20170316_082406.jpg

IMG_20170316_082219.jpg

IMG_20170316_082246.jpg

Prertty nice . Have you actually brewed with this system. Also does 1 5500 watt element get the boil rolling? And for what size batch ?

Thanks!

I brewed around 8 10 gallon batches on it. The first batch was problematic only because I crushed my grain too fine. After setting my grain mill to whatever gap Kal recommends on his site, everything was great.

The 5500w element had not problem getting a rolling boil going. If I remember correctly I would turn my PID down to 70-75% after I got the boil going.

Back