30 gallon electric system design help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quincy

Reaction score
Hi all, I am going to build an electric 3 kettle system with two pumps a chill plate and a herms tube. I have a guy that will build the kettles for cheap but want to make sure I get everything correct as far as the number of fittings on each kettle. Looking to do it all right the first time. Going to use 1.5 tri clamp fittings on everything. I will have drains right there and water right there too. Really looking for some help in placement and number of fitting I need for each kettle. Have been looking but can't find anything for a system like this. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Yes, I really like the stout kettle's and conctacted them. I asked if they could help me out and in return I would buy everything from them. The response I got was to look at the pictures.....I thought we were all here to help. I am not going to buy a single thing from them....ever!

I'd recommend going with 1" triclover fittings which are grossly oversized for a 30 gal system as it is.

I'd recommend going with 1" triclover fittings which are grossly oversized for a 30 gal system as it is.

I totally agree! 1.5 is a massive size for a 30 gallon setup. You will most likely be stepping down to a 1/2" or 3/4" quick connector/hose. 1" is more than enough in my mind. From my searches on the net. It looks like most people are using 1/2" couplers in their kettles for this size. I'm looking at using 100 qt kettles and didn't even think about 1" triclovers. The flow through 1/2" hole will be plenty to feed my pumps.

Good point guys. I guess the reason behind the 1.5 size is they seem to be the cheapest and most common and there are adapters available in that size for the temp. Probes and the heating elements.....I don't know? Wondering if I shoul just go with cheaper versions of everything and keep things threaded. What do you guys think about the cleanliness of a threaded fitting vs the quick connect vs the tri clamp? The more I look into the quick connect or cam lock stuff it's not too expensive and might be the way to go also.....to many options out there!

Latest posts

Back