3 steps batch in MLT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abadeon

Reaction score
Hey,

I´ve read some posts about MLT and I have a doubt and I could not find anything related in the forum: How to make a 3 steps batch in MLT?

Beer Regards :mug:

What do you mean by "3 steps batch"? Are you asking how to batch sparge? If so, there are lots of good places to read about that; one is here, and, just googling, another is here.

If that's not what you're looking for, could you be more specific about what you need advice on?

Or perhaps you're referring to a three step infusion mash, with 3 water additions to raise the temperature? If so, I'd check this out as a starting point. Good luck!

Three step infusion mash: That´s the ticket!!!
I brew with 2 pots and I use temp raise. I never used infusion or decoction, but that´s what I was looking for. Does infusion work´s fine in a MLT?
Thanks guys.

I've never done a step infusion mash myself, but if I were to I'd do it in my mash tun. John Palmer talks about the water addition calculations here.

Back