3 Burner Automated Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rarodrig

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been going through some threads here in hopes of finding a schematic for a 3 Gas Burner, 2 pump, and 3 PID setup. I would like to have the option of turning on/off the burners and pumps manually and also have them wired for automatic (PID) control. I would also like to have light indicators of what is "On" (eg..pumps, burners) during their processes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thx!!! :mug:

Hi,

as for the automation of your brewing process, did you see something close to your needs?
Brewtroller and BCS are the easier choice, different routes concerning Arduino, Raspberry PI or other solutions are available.

These are a couple of images for the Brewtroller approach, very well detailed.

DirectFired_0.jpg

Direct%20Fired%20Plumb.png

This is not using PIDs, hope it helps anyway

Cheers

gm

Wow, that is a fully automated setup!!! That looks awesome but not exactly what I was looking for. Although you just might have made my decision a bit harder to go fully automated. :confused:

Gratzi gm!!!

Not sure if this is exactly what you are looking for, it is a 2 temp control,3 burner setup with ignition modules, and switches for pumps and valves. Controllers are Love TS series controllers, not PID control, but what works for long heating duration setups (> 4 minutes to reach setpoint) that PID controllers do not do well.
3-burner-control-panel-61553.jpg
[/IMG]

How automated you want to get is the real question. I have a two burner herms setup, semi automated. There are way to many things that can go wrong in a fully automated system, in my opinion. I like to have some hands on. I control a mash tun pump with a PID. and a burner on the HWT with a pid. Those can also be manually controlled. All change over valves are manual, pumps on hwt and boiler are manual. All is hard piped. As far as wiring a system , it depends on the components you choose. My panel consist of 3 PID's/ssr's and sensors, 3 double pole double throw switches, 2 single throw switches, a few indicator lights, 24vac supply and bus bar, 12vdc supply and bus bar, 110vac bus bar. Maintaining mash temp is automated, boiler burner is manual, once boiling, I lower the flame as low as possible to maintain the boil. All 3 tanks are being recirculated by 12vdc pumps, and change over valves allow me to move the products and sparge etc.

I would talk to ebrewsupply. His kits can be made for Gas as well.

I went with a 3 burner, 2 pump control panel with all the features you're looking for. I supplied my own enclosure. The burners use standing pilots and 120v solenoids from ebay. I decided to keep everything 120v for simplicity's sake.

IMG_20130929_173416.jpg

IMG_20130914_122348.jpg

dude luhrks, I saw your panel build I was like "Cool" outside the norm.... but damn those kettles... just WOW

Latest posts

Back