2nd hard cider

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This isn't beer, it's cider, which is more like a sparkling wine. And I think the bad taste is yeast. I'll try another yeast and see how it goes.

Really? You are talking about cider? In the cider forum? What a shocker. Good thing you pointed that out, or we wouldn't have realized it.

Seriously though, the problem isn't the yeast. I've seen many ciders using Nottingham turn out great. I think part of your problem was your addition of cinnamon, and raisins. If cinnamon is used, it should be added in secondary or at serving. Raisins are a beer brewing trick, not for cider.

Not a guarantee, but let it sit a few weeks and seewhat settles out. I'd put my bet on suspended yeast.

Its sounding a little broken record, but time heals all brews.

Give it time, as with most biological hobbies (aquariums, gardening, beekeeping), only bad things happen quickly.

I brought up beer in a statement where I was taking about carbonating your cider and I used examples of other carbonated beverages. Was that really hard to grasp?

I brought up beer in a statement where I was taking about carbonating your cider and I used examples of other carbonated beverages. Was that really hard to grasp?
No it was easy to grasp, but the bad flavor isn't absence of carbonation. I might be new at this but I recognize the difference between fermented fruit juice and beer, and people drink flat fermented fruit juice all the time.

Back