2022 FotD Secret Santa Beer Swap

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bingo!

Attachments

• 0AF887A8-CB2E-40C4-B604-8E29F22E3314.jpeg
    0AF887A8-CB2E-40C4-B604-8E29F22E3314.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Well, @TwistedGray reminded me today that I’m late at sending my gift out. I have the beer and just need to get the non beer item and pack it up. Apologies to the recipient. I’m sure he’ll understand ;)

Don’t mind the construction equipment behind the picture. That’s what has me tied up. I’m about wrapped up with a Reno of my staircase. I’m afraid to tally up the hours.

Back to my delivery. BOOM! Between the beer selection and the shirt, everything is just perfect. I couldn’t be happier…actually, I will be when they are popped open. Thank you @TwistedGray. Nice job. :rock:

image.jpg

I am back from COVID, but have not shipped. Hope to shortly.
Glad you're feeling better dude. My family got COVID in January and adenovirus in April last year. It was so much fun! I honestly can't pick which one was worse. They were both terrible

It seems the posted shipping window is like a posted speed limit... Just a suggestion! :p
On the one hand, I would prefer that people have shipped when they were supposed to — but on the other, it is just beer.

Everyone who ships will receive, even if I end up having to send it out myself. 😂

Glad you're feeling better dude. My family got COVID in January and adenovirus in April last year. It was so much fun! I honestly can't pick which one was worse. They were both terrible

This was round 2 of COVID, but we are glad to be done with it.

And I always ship last regardless, so just holding serve.

On the one hand, I would prefer that people have shipped when they were supposed to — but on the other, it is just beer.

Everyone who ships will receive, even if I end up having to send it out myself. 😂
I should have been better prepared for a newborn and a move within the same 30 day span as the Secret Santa Swap, but alas, I just wasn't able to pull it off!

If you think I'm late here, wait until you see how late the Fantasy Football champ gets his beer.

Interestingly, I think I know the status of all but one person at the moment. I've sent a message to that person -- if you haven't received beer yet, rest assured that your santas have almost all been in contact. If you haven't sent your beer yet...

SEND YOUR BEER!

Interestingly, I think I know the status of all but one person at the moment. I've sent a message to that person -- if you haven't received beer yet, rest assured that your santas have almost all been in contact. If you haven't sent your beer yet...

SEND YOUR BEER!
Interestingly, I had actually heard from everyone, but have the memory of a goldfish. We're all good - (most) reindeer are in flight!

Santa dropped me a nice haul… as I fight off COVID. The good news is, I know this Santa and owe him a box from before the holidays, so now I can remember to come good on that.

I owe mine out, but can’t go shopping yet, so yeah. Late like all the other rounds.

View attachment 810672

And accessories arrived. I will be done acquiring this week and ship next weekend.

C4C257B4-CAEB-4168-89CD-1EDA0BB08A87.jpeg

I got a can of that from tavour man. I also have the regular parabola so I kind of want to taste them side by side with some buddies

My .02, I didn't really care for the Parabolita. YMMV... Not sure the caramel works too well with the bourbon barrel. I normally like most things aged in bourbon barrel's but this one had an off flavor.
The normal Parabola is delicious though.. I have a few years of its annual release in the fridge.

Just got a very nice delivery from FedEx! Yum! The Mexican Lager sounds a bit slushy, but everything else is fine and the cans are firm, so I think it will be just fine (got it sitting on the counter now so it can warm up a little and thaw before getting in the fridge).

Can't wait to dig into these! Coincidentally, I'm going to be out in San Diego in a few weeks visiting some family. I've only ever been to the Bay Area before, not Southern Cali, so this will be a great little primer for that!

Also really digging the White Labs coaster/bottle opener combo. More coincidence -- I was just at the White Labs Brewing in Asheville back in September. Nice place to visit, and incredible pizza.

Thanks, Santa!!

Attachments

• IMG_1491.jpeg
    IMG_1491.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 0
Just got a very nice delivery from FedEx! Yum! The Mexican Lager sounds a bit slushy, but everything else is fine and the cans are firm, so I think it will be just fine (got it sitting on the counter now so it can warm up a little and thaw before getting in the fridge).

Can't wait to dig into these! Coincidentally, I'm going to be out in San Diego in a few weeks visiting some family. I've only ever been to the Bay Area before, not Southern Cali, so this will be a great little primer for that!

Also really digging the White Labs coaster/bottle opener combo. More coincidence -- I was just at the White Labs Brewing in Asheville back in September. Nice place to visit, and incredible pizza.

Thanks, Santa!!
I really wish that White Labs did any kind of tour at their Asheville location -- free, paid, scheduled, or otherwise. We were there a year and a half ago, and would have loved one had it been offered.

Still though - the beer pairings they did in the taproom with the same grain/hop bill but different yeast was welcome/interesting!

I really wish that White Labs did any kind of tour at their Asheville location -- free, paid, scheduled, or otherwise. We were there a year and a half ago, and would have loved one had it been offered.

Still though - the beer pairings they did in the taproom with the same grain/hop bill but different yeast was welcome/interesting!
Unfortunately, they had just run out of at least one of the yeast versions of the 3 beers I was interested in. Hoping for better luck on that front if I hit them up in SD.

I just looked, and they do do tours in SD. Going to have to really try to make it there for that, assuming you get to see the yeast production and it's not just a tour of their brewery.

@Thorrak Did we ever release the lit of who got who? I see my recipient got their beers, yay for them. Haven't seen anything show up here so I'm not sure if that's a lost package or "need more time" life circumstance. If the latter there's no rush, of course, mostly just curious.

Thanks, Santa!!

I happen to know someone that lives in San Diego.

@Thorrak Did we ever release the lit of who got who? I see my recipient got their beers, yay for them. Haven't seen anything show up here so I'm not sure if that's a lost package or "need more time" life circumstance. If the latter there's no rush, of course, mostly just curious.
I will update the list shortly. Out getting German beer at the moment. (And schnapps)

Some of us might have already figured out who our Santa's were. Kinda like peeking under the wrapping paper before Christmas but still acting surprised when unwrapping on Christmas day. :p Not that I've ever done that; a friend of mine told me about it...

Not this Santa... Head still firmly planted. This is my weekly apology.

The good news? I finally finished shopping. It'll go out tomorrow or Wednesday, come hell or highwater.

Back