2021 Rhizomes

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Kaz15

Reaction score
Have you brewed with Cashmere before? I’m brewing a 2.5 gal cashmere smash in the next week or so. Curious your impressions.

If I like it, I may plant one this spring.

Reactions: SMD

SMD

Reaction score
Have you brewed with Cashmere before? I’m brewing a 2.5 gal cashmere smash in the next week or so. Curious your impressions.

I have not, and this will be my first time growing hops. I’ve been a backyard gardner longer than I’ve been brewing so I figured I would try to diversify what I’m planting for some variety.

Zymurologist

Life's Too Short To Drink Garbage Beer
Reaction score
Cascade, Columbus, Centennial, Willamette and Perle. First time hops gardener long time produce gardener, cannot wait to see how they like my local climate.

Reactions: SMD

phbern

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

I've done a 5gal Cashmere smash and liked it very much. Let it condition for a couple weeks and the hop flavor will smooth out. Good with a twist of lemon!

OP
BGBC

BGBC

Reaction score
Just pre-ordered a couple Brewer's Gold rhizomes and plan on grabbing a rhizome cutting from a buddy's Cascade that he's had going for 5 years or so once it gets a bit warmer.

myndflyte

Reaction score
Not planting anything new but looking forward to giving my 6 Cascade plants a full year of growth this year. Last year I had to fix the drainage in my planter beds and didn't get the hops planted until early summer. Still got some growth but I think this year will be a good haul.

Kaz15

Reaction score
Not planting anything new but looking forward to giving my 6 Cascade plants a full year of growth this year. Last year I had to fix the drainage in my planter beds and didn't get the hops planted until early summer. Still got some growth but I think this year will be a good haul.
6 cascades?! Whew, that’s a lot of one variety. Do you own a microbrewery?

myndflyte

Reaction score
6 cascades?! Whew, that’s a lot of one variety. Do you own a microbrewery?
No, just a big fan of Cascade, haha. But I do work part time for a 3 BBL brewery so if it's too much, maybe I can pawn some off to them and convince me to let me brew something up with them.

Kaz15

Reaction score
Can’t argue with that! I love my cascade plant. If they produce well, you could easily end up with 12-18 lbs of cascade. You will certainly be able to hook up them up.

Beerisgud

Reaction score
Been curious about cashmere! May plant a couple next year. I just planted two apple tree and ordered 16 grapevines from double a vineyards. I think I’ve got my hands full this year:ghostly:

FullThrottle64

Reaction score
Second year for 25 Crystal and 21 Hallertau. Expanding each to a row of 30, then adding a row of 30 Cascade and 2 rows of 30 Mt Hood for a total 150 plants. I have some work ahead of me.

Suburban Punk

Reaction score
I had to transplant my 5 plants last year now that I have a dog. I think I lost my Cascade and comet, but see shoots for the cashmere, glacier and Tahoma coming up now. Will be getting a new Cascade and hopefully a Zeus.

NitrogenWidget

Reaction score
i have 3rd yr sorachi ace, fuggle, and cascade i hope will finally do something this yr.
last yr i had to move them in the spring so i got very little hops.
the first yr they struggled.

Sylvain

Hops made in France
Reaction score
Hüll Melon, Hallertau Blanc, Ariana, Octawia, Petit Blanc, Golden Tassels, Polaris

Last edited: