2019 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right into Santa Cruz off the 1 from that direction you'll pass Mission Barbecue, which is great. Burger’s solid in that area as well, as is Los Pericos downtown. Further up the 1 is Whale City, a solid breakfast/pastry spot. In Pescadaro, there’s Duarte’s, which is an excellent sit down option, though I’ve never tried their lunch.
Thanks!

depending on where you cross over to highway one (i take it you're starting from Pacifica?) Id pitstop at either sam's chowder house for the views and the spicy fried shrimp, or San benito's house (deli side) for a sandwich. holy crap are those sandwiches good, and they bake their own bread there. both are in half moon bay.

if you leave early and cruise into santa cruz around noon I'd hit up the Crows Nest for the best calamari around (half off during happy hour)

San Benito's House looks legit. Definitely making that my lunch spot. Thanks!

SanFrancisco20110611-033.jpg

Ooo, I still haven’t been! Might have to stop on my way up to SF this weekend!

VpZ0RzH.jpg

To those that have had both, how would you compare Beauty Sleep to Appreciation?

how has the sara cellar thread turned into a baja blast enthusiast discussion?

I thought that would be more of a bruery fanboy type of thing (once you have diabeetus you might as well go all the way)

damn i think im gonna miss out on this batch too, last year it was a wednesday and barely lasted to friday.

B2 i did enjoy on tap much more than out of the bottle tho... or was it vice versa?

damn i think im gonna miss out on this batch too, last year it was a wednesday and barely lasted to friday.

B2 i did enjoy on tap much more than out of the bottle tho... or was it vice versa?
B2 on draft >> B2 in bottles. The draft was CRAZY good!

How’s the Portal to visit on a Monday? Or should I change my trip around to visit the OG location on a Tuesday?

Please note on a Monday I’d be leaving SFO at 2pm vs. traveling from Foster City on a Tuesday at 5pm.

How’s the Portal to visit on a Monday? Or should I change my trip around to visit the OG location on a Tuesday?

Please note on a Monday I’d be leaving SFO at 2pm vs. traveling from Foster City on a Tuesday at 5pm.
If you've never been, the OG is a must IMO. The Portal is nice, but too "sterile" of a feel to me. To get the true Sante experience you need to visit the brewery.

More on-site bottles and guest taps at Portal. Monday is usually busy w industry people. Their kitchen is shut down though (great food) and they have a pop-up.

Traffic would be better at your 2pm time vs 5pm

Leaving Foster Shitty at 5 on a weekday? You might not make it there before it closes.

Seriously though, that's like a 2 hour drive with traffic at that time, so you're not going to have much time if you do that. Much prefer the OG location, but if you're determined to head down there then I'd stick to Monday and the Portal.

There might be more local places that have Sante on as well, where you don't have the drive. It's a great spot, but even if you leave at 2 you're looking at at least 3 hours of driving that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back