2019 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oh Christ. That ****wad burst onto the BA scene by linecutting at a Toronado release, and somehow manages to do worse things every year.

For those who need memes....

Linecutting ****nut extraordinaire who shows up to tastings with shelf garbage begging for pours of rare stuff.

You know when people make fun of #newmoney and you're trying to put a face to it? This is the face.

980kl.jpg

9813j.jpg

981ck.jpg

ucnonhk.jpg

He literally showed up to Mikkeller bar asking for people by name, brandishing knives. LMAO

Some intrepid genius let the air out of his tires at SARA some time ago. I'd like to shake that guy's hand.

Hahhahahah, that guy came up to me at the eclipse party in 2017 and said "people said I need to meet you". Dude gave me the creeps. For all the **** you people give me, I have never done anything close to his level of shitlording.

Not to derail a perfectly good gangbang, but new member in there like swimwear!

EDIT also how do you make gifs show normally on this thing, I'm apparently too dumb to figure it out

(Link to media)

(Link to media)

Gotta get the link that says blah blah.gif. Then copy/paste that into the field of the "picture" option when you click the that picture button near the top of the txt box.

Folks still have another few weeks to opt out. Then another month or so to pay. So maybe more spots will open up.

On the massive plus side.....bottles like Westly are dropping publicly. Huge win!
i hope youre right.

but being able to secure bottles without having to drive over the hill would be an amazing feeling.

Curious if they abandoned the old waiting list and are just picking from local regulars (which is totally reasonable IMHO). FWIW, I added my name to the waiting list on Nov. 24, 2014 -- was never offered a spot.
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
The waiting list has never been a FIFO list. There have always been locals, friends, etc that have made it on outside of the "official" waiting list.

Curious if they abandoned the old waiting list and are just picking from local regulars (which is totally reasonable IMHO). FWIW, I added my name to the waiting list on Nov. 24, 2014 -- was never offered a spot.
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
I can't claim to be authoritative on the selection process, but around the 2017 holidays, while my girlfriend and I were picking up our last allotments of the year, I essentially saw just this happen for two friends of mine who we were in with. Jay knew them and asked if they wanted to join in 2018, and that was that. There seems to be a real variety of "ways in."

I'm not complaining. I'd hope that locals get preferential treatment. I'm also lucky to get to try most of the Club beers from a friend who is a member. I guess I was just curious if people still get in via that waiting list. I'd imagine that my name isn't too far from the top at this point, but who knows.

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Same, even before that I think. I has a sad.

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Funny. 11/25/14 here. No invite here either. I assume that list is long gone

cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
That’s around the time I sent my email. I moved to Santa Cruz in June and have been a regular since.The selection at the portal, the people that work there, and the food are amazing . It’s hard to not keep coming back!

can anyone comment on the sizing of these Bella + Canvas hoodies? Email says they're unisex, and also provides a link with chest measurements, but if anyone can provide any sizing feedback it would be much appreciated.

can anyone comment on the sizing of these Bella + Canvas hoodies? Email says they're unisex, and also provides a link with chest measurements, but if anyone can provide any sizing feedback it would be much appreciated.

i've gotten confirmation from Keith that they're the same hoodies as the "soft" RUSTIC hoodies.

Note that there are two brands that they made the RUSTIC hoodies with. One is very soft and a bit thicker (Bella + Canvas) while the other is a bit stiffer and also longer. Glad to see they went with the soft ones

i've gotten confirmation from Keith that they're the same hoodies as the "soft" RUSTIC hoodies.

Note that there are two brands that they made the RUSTIC hoodies with. One is very soft and a bit thicker (Bella + Canvas) while the other is a bit stiffer and also longer. Glad to see they went with the soft ones
Is this batch shown in the IG post below stiffer one to which you're referring?

Last edited:

thanks for the reply, but I do not own one of the Rustic hoodies so not familiar with their sizing. Somewhat standard?

I'm dreading this decision. Either go for the more slim fit medium and risk the sleeves being too short and my stomach showing any time I raise my arms above my chest or go with the large and dress like I did growing up in the 90s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back