2019 SARA Cellar Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh damn are you in town? you spending all your time in SC or are you in around sf too?
I’m staying in Redwood City 4/1-3. Visiting Portal on 4/1, work meetings 8-5 in foster city on 4/2 then the Warriors game, work meetings 8-4 on 4/3 and killing time til my 10pm flight that night (probably going to Fieldwork and looking for seafood in the area.)

Last edited:
And of course Aptos BBQ. They usually have a killer tap list too. Lots of taps from SD breweries.
Isn't Mission St the same guys but closer to the Portal? Never been in there, but if it's anything like their other spots in Cambell and Gilroy then it'd be better to head there than Aptos.

Isn't Mission St the same guys but closer to the Portal? Never been in there, but if it's anything like their other spots in Cambell and Gilroy then it'd be better to head there than Aptos.
aptos and Trail dust are the best of the bunch. The others although own by the same people just seem like knock offs IMO

I’m staying in Redwood City 4/1-3. Visiting Portal on 4/1, work meetings 8-5 in foster city on 4/2 then the Warriors game, work meetings 8-4 on 4/3 and killing time til my 10pm flight that night (probably going to Fieldwork and looking for seafood in the area.)
oh damn you’ll be right in my neck of the woods. some killer places in redwood city to check out too. ghostwood beer, a block away from gourmet haus staudt, and that is a block from the best tacos at tacos el gruellense. man you can easlily make a night of that, and probably close to where your staying

77-D6-C7-E5-948-E-4-C4-C-9610-0-F7-EE808-AF2-A.jpg

no ********, ive made the stumble to el grullense a-many of times, tacos de lengue are the best youll ever have

as for fieldwork it’s super close to foster city (across the freeway) they got a sour for sale right now if you go to their website, last day to pick up is the 1st! you can also order crowlers ahead of time to swoop them up, i’d recommend to do that. as far as sea food its most likely sushi in belmont or san mateo.

getting to portal on monday from rwc will be lots of traffic, but not impossible

warriors game will probably be 10 times worse lol, if you head over early and need to kill a bit of time Drake’s brewing in san leandro is worth a visit, their tap list is usually pretty killer and they got a pretty great selection of brewery only bottles to go

since it’s not a weekend i won’t have very much time to meet up, or i’d try and catch ya for a beer! hope you have fun here man

Last edited:
oh damn you’ll be right on my neck of the woods. some killer places in redwood city to check out too. ghostwood beer, a block away from gourmet haus staudt, and that is a block from the best tacos at tacos el gruellense. man you can easlily make a night of that, and probably close to where your staying

no ********, ive made the stumble to el grullense a-many of times, tacos de lengue are the best youll ever have

as for fieldwork it’s super close to foster city (across the freeway) they got a sour for sale right now, and you can orde crowlers agra’s of time to swoop them up, i’d recommend to do that, as far as sea food is most likely sushi in belmont or san mateo.

getting to portal on monday from rwc will be lots of traffic, but not impossible

warriors game will probably be 10 times worse lol, it if you head over early and need to kill a bit of time Drake’s brewing in san leandro is worth a visit, their tap list is usually pretty killer and they got a pretty great selection of brewery only bottles to go

since it’s not a weekend i won’t have very much time to meet up, or i’d try and catch ya for a beer! hope you have fun here man

That Al pastor looked good. I am angry that I have a new stop I have to convince my wife to go to on our way to visit the yay area.

(probably going to Fieldwork and looking for seafood in the area.)

Depends on the type of seafood you want. New England Lobster up near the airport has the best lobster rolls, crab melts, and lobster/crab plates around, but it's a bit spendy. If you want a good mix of things, Pacific Catch in San Mateo is decent and has a good happy hour 4-6 in the bar area. Cfoodcrush is cajun-style with a few Asian fusion items rounding out the menu and has solid food. Rustic House Oyster Bar in San Carlos (between Fieldwork and Redwood City) does oysters and American seafood really well also.

One of my favorites that has a few seafood dishes is Limon Rotisserie (Peruvian style food) in Burlingame. It's a small chain with incredible food and great cocktails.

If you're looking for Asian-style seafood, there are tons of Asian restaurants in downtown San Mateo. Everything from sushi to dim sum to hot pot.

I'd be happy to try and meet up with you when you're here, at Fieldwork on Wednesday or whatever works. I'll send you a PM with my info.

oh damn you’ll be right in my neck of the woods. some killer places in redwood city to check out too. ghostwood beer, a block away from gourmet haus staudt, and that is a block from the best tacos at tacos el gruellense. man you can easlily make a night of that, and probably close to where your staying

as for fieldwork it’s super close to foster city (across the freeway) they got a sour for sale right now if you go to their website, last day to pick up is the 1st! you can also order crowlers ahead of time to swoop them up, i’d recommend to do that. as far as sea food its most likely sushi in belmont or san mateo.

warriors game will probably be 10 times worse lol, if you head over early and need to kill a bit of time Drake’s brewing in san leandro is worth a visit, their tap list is usually pretty killer and they got a pretty great selection of brewery only bottles to go

El Gru is a great rec. Also highly recommend I Dumpling down the street from GHS on Broadway. If you want more hip, check out Timber & Salt - they normally have a few good beers on and some decent food.

For beer, City Pub also often has some good beers on. So you could add that to your Ghostwood/GHS stumble.

Yesssssss:

Dear SARA's Cellar Member,

Your first allotment of 2019 will be ready for pickup starting Tuesday, April 2nd, 2019 at our Capitola location only (not the Portal)!!! You'll be receiving four (4) bottles with this allotment, including Wisdom is Learned, a Saison aged in French oak barrels with Masumoto Family Farms "Suncrest" peaches (club only), Metronome, an Imperial Wit with Meyer Lemon zest, Corriander, and Lemon Verbena that saw a kiss in first-use American oak tanks (club only), Family Whistle, a Barrel-aged Saison with Passionfruit, and Nonna's Blend #16, the latest iteration in our series of Barrel-aged Saison blends.

In addition to the above, you have the option to purchase (while supplies last) two (2) extra Wisdom is Learned ($28), one (1) extra Metronome ($28), one (1) extra Family Whistle ($25), and two (2) extra Nonna's Blend #16 ($20). All extras must be paid for in person.

*Just a heads up that we are also aiming to have your 2019 SARA's Cellar Hoodies in time for the 2nd Allotment release. If you have not given us your size yet, please do so at your earliest convenience!

We are all really excited to bring you these four great beers and think they are the perfect way to kick off SARA's Cellar 2019. We are so grateful for your support of our brewery and this community, now and always. Sante!

Sincerely,

Adair, Tim, Keith and all of the Sante Adairius Rustic Ales staff

Probably could only spend an hour in Capitola but probably doable. Retuning a rental car too?

Probably could only spend an hour in Capitola but probably doable. Retuning a rental car too?
Yes, flight is at 1015.

yeah, maybe spend an hour at most at one spot.

Also, you need to ask yourself, how important is it you catch the flight?
Wife would murder me, possibly using a bottle of Bernice

Should be fine, just keep an eye on Waze and Maps.

Hwy 17 can close if a stiff breeze hits the wrong tree, so there's always a chance you just get stuck outright. Doesn't happen a ton, but often enough that it's worth mentioning.

Also watch for cannibalistic albinos. They inhabit the mountains and can sense kooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back