2018 Dark Lord Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my wristbands today, too. @CrimsonYeti - let's meet up. Would love to meet your brother, hahaha.
Last year he paid for all my draft brews while at the festival. He had never started drinking as early as we did. 645am. By 2 he had already run to the porto john to ralph 3 times later he was buying beers and partying again. We had some great shares that day too.

If any of u Dark Lord haters want to get rid of any of the bottles you are sitting on, I'd certainly be willing to buy one to try.

Heading out Thursday morning. Staying near Founders Thursday night. We'll get into Munster Friday afternoon.
Headed up Munster on Thursday morning. We are gonna be at the best western in schererville. Going to 3floyds for a bit then maybe another brewery.

2018 DARK LORD VARIANTS
Ticket holders will be handed a prepacked tote bag that includes 4 bottles of 2018 Dark Lord Russian-Style Imperial Stout and 1 bottle of a rare Dark Lord variant at random. Total quantities of each variant will be divided evenly among assigned groups.

MARSHMALLOW HANDJEE
Bourbon barrel-aged Dark Lord with vanilla beans

CHEMTRAILMIX
Dark Lord aged in rye barrels with cinnamon + pink peppercorns

FRENCH VANILLA MILITIA
Dark Lord aged in Sauternes barrels with vanilla, cocoa nibs + coffee

SPACEFORCE!
Dark Lord aged in Pineau Des Charentes barrels with vanilla, cocoa nibs + coffee

LOUNGE AGAINST THE MACROMACHINE
Tequila barrel with Mekong cinnamon, cocoa nibs, guajillo peppers + tangerine peel

GREATEST TEACHABLE MOMENTS
American brandy barrel with verbena, ginger + orange peel

HUNG DRAWN N QUARTERED
Rye barrel-aged Dark Lord

CAVALEIRO OF VARNOV
Oloroso sherry aged Dark Lord

BROZERKER
Ruby port aged Dark Lord

BROTILLA
Carcavelos aged Dark Lord

TURTLEDOGG
Scotch barrel-aged Dark Lord

They should make more of these wacky variants taps at DLD and bottle less. There's only three of those that really sound good.

They should make more of these wacky variants taps at DLD and bottle less. There's only three of those that really sound good.
You are right. But ill take a turtledog all day. On the other forums this is already least favorite. I love scotch.

Turtledog might be a toss up for me. Scotch barrels can be good or bad, depending somewhat on what scotch was in them. I like scotch, but sometimes it doesn't work well with beer, IMO.

But if i get a variant I don't really want, I'm gonna find one of you two and trade.

Turtledog might be a toss up for me. Scotch barrels can be good or bad, depending somewhat on what scotch was in them. I like scotch, but sometimes it doesn't work well with beer, IMO.

But if i get a variant I don't really want, I'm gonna find one of you two and trade.
Sounds good. Im kinda hoping for the spaceforce or the tequila variant.

Nothing crazy but these are the bottles I'm bringing to share.
IMG_20180516_112242.jpeg

Food is delicious. Just found out that there really isnt many shuttle buses this time.
20180517_144335.jpeg
20180517_151518.jpeg

Didn’t bring a lot of sharing beer this year, but I’m wearing a dark blue Beachwood Blendery t-shirt. I’m tall and bearded. Say hi if you see me.

Well....we had one awesome share group Friday. Then ran into some great people yesterday hung with them almost all day. We ended up with FVM and Varnov.

My group ended up with a handjee, space force, brozerker, and brotilla. Waited in line and had handjee and chemtrail on tap. I drank way too much. Rough car ride home.

Stayed at the Hampton. The bottle share there was amazing. The hotel was a little paranoid. I guess they had some problems last year. They limited access to hotel guests and only let us go from 7-10.

Last edited:
Didn't see anybody fall over.

When we got to the Uber pickup area there was a nut job lady running it. She screamed at everyone. She yelled at us for not standing on the grass. She actually said 'You need to listen to me. I have people here risking their lives for you.' we all started laughing. The Ubers we're going about 2 miles per hour.

Last edited:
Didn't see anybody fall over. When we got to the Uber pickup area there was a nut job ladies running it. She screamed at everyone. She yelled at us for not standing on the grass. She actually said 'you need to listen to me. I have people here risking their lives for you.' we all started laughing. The Ubers we're going about 2 miles per hour.

Oh yeah. I didn’t get yelled at but she was nuts. We ended up just walking through and getting picked up at the gas station around the corner.

Saw a guy laying in the middle of the street in front of the brewpub. I assume that he was over-drunk, but he wasn’t passed out.

Oh yeah. I didn’t get yelled at but she was nuts. We ended up just walking through and getting picked up at the gas station around the corner.
Our Uber driver said if she screamed at him 1 more time she was gonna get smacked. He'd been working since 6 am and had been dealing with her all day.

It's super depressing looking at my bank account after those wristbands...

Springhill across from 3F gave us a tiny conference room for our share, but it was so much fun.

I didn't do too bad with the wristband. I did buy more beer than previous years, but I don't think i can blame the wrist band for that. Lower fl.oz. limit for bringing beer in OTOH...

I didn't do too bad with the wristband. I did buy more beer than previous years, but I don't think i can blame the wrist band for that. Lower fl.oz. limit for bringing beer in OTOH...

I screwed up by getting multiple pours of variants. $10 a piece adds up (the next day anyways). Double fisting handjees felt good though.

Back