2016 GBC The Stable

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Solera (198) - 5.0% abv mixed culture farmhouse ale aged solera-style in bourbon barrels. This is the second pull from our bourbon barrel solera project, which began with third hand American oak barrels that had previously held bourbon and a big chewy imperial stout from one of our neighboring breweries in Orange County. Earlier this year, we pulled half of the beer out of the barrels for the first batch of Solera (131 days) and topped up the oak barrels, resulting in a blend of old and fresh beer. The average age of this batch of Solera is 198 days. Solera has notes of vanilla, oak, and lemon, finishing dry on the palate. 750mL bottle. Solera will be distributed.

Sophisticated Lady - 7.0% abv mixed culture farmhouse ale aged in California coast Pinot barrels and dry hopped with Centennial and Amarillo hops. This delicacy builds on the Abuela base beer, accenting the funk, dryness, light acidity, and oak flavor with the striking lemon and lime notes contributed by new world hops. 750mL bottle. Sophisticated Lady will be distributed.

Hot Totty - 5.0% abv mixed culture farmhouse ale aged in American oak bourbon barrels with lemon zest and ginger. This dry and complex ale is inspired by a popular cold remedy that includes hot ginger tea, bourbon, and a squeeze and lemon - sometimes referred to as a Hot Toddy. The resulting beer is bursting with bourbon, ginger and citrus flavors. 750mL bottle. Hot Totty will be distributed.

Cobwebs - 6.1% abv blend of mixed culture farmhouse ales aged in oak barrels. This is a new series that we'll add to intermittently. The Cobwebs series will always be different, featuring the beer from our favorite barrels, blended together. The name is drawn from the tiny eight-legged creatures that build webs between our barrels, laying undisturbed and protecting our beer from other insects. 750mL bottle. Cobwebs will see very limited distribution.

Seldom Seen - 3.9% abv dry and sour farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with chanterelle mushrooms. Seldom Seen is sour like a lemon with an earthy, musty, and mouthwatering mushroom character that pairs perfectly with a hearty meal. Imagine a side of mushrooms cooked over an open fire with oil and a squeeze of lemon. One bottle is included with your membership. 750mL bottle. Seldom Seen will not be distributed.

Nectarine Island - 4.8% abv dry and tart farmhouse ale with spelt aged in neutral oak barrels with California grown nectarines. If you remember Isla, a beer brewed in collaboration with our friend Charles Rapadas/3 Chiefs Brewing, released near the beginning of 2016, this is the barrel aged version with nectarines. This beer has a delightful stone fruit character complimenting the light, dry and tart mixed culture ale. All fruit in this beer was grown in California, purchased direct from the farmer, hand processed in our brewery, and added in copious amounts to two oak barrels of Isla. One bottle is included with your membership. 750mL bottle. One keg of Nectarine Island was sent to Toronado for their annual Pacific Islander Festival in September. Otherwise, bottles of Nectarine Island will not be distributed.

Extras from Q3 Allotments:
Black Caviar - 4.2% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with blackberries and lavender. This farmhouse ale is deep purple, with a tannic berry note, and a beautiful floral character. Limit 2 bottles per person - first come, first served until they're gone. 750mL bottle. Black Caviar bottles will not see any distribution.

Stone Street - 4.1% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with peaches, apricots and grapefruits. This beer is a lot of fun - stone fruit mingles with zesty grapefruit in an incredible force of flavors, finishing dry and tart. Limit 2 bottles per person - first come, first served until they're gone. 750mL bottle. Stone Street will not see any distribution.

Extras from Q2 Allotments:
Rey De Oro - 3.9% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels and then dry hopped with Lemondrop, Sorachi Ace, and Cascade hops. This batch of barrel aged Oro was bursting with citrus flavors, begging to be combined with these citrus-forward hops. Taking the hoppy sour concept of our draft-only Hoppy Oro, we dry hopped this blonde sour with copious amounts of hops lending delightful notes of lemons, grapefruit, coconut, and wood. Limit 2 bottles per person first come, first served, until they're gone! 750mL bottle. Rey De Oro will not be distributed.

Solera (198) - 5.0% abv mixed culture farmhouse ale aged solera-style in bourbon barrels. This is the second pull from our bourbon barrel solera project, which began with third hand American oak barrels that had previously held bourbon and a big chewy imperial stout from one of our neighboring breweries in Orange County. Earlier this year, we pulled half of the beer out of the barrels for the first batch of Solera (131 days) and topped up the oak barrels, resulting in a blend of old and fresh beer. The average age of this batch of Solera is 198 days. Solera has notes of vanilla, oak, and lemon, finishing dry on the palate. 750mL bottle. Solera will be distributed.

Sophisticated Lady - 7.0% abv mixed culture farmhouse ale aged in California coast Pinot barrels and dry hopped with Centennial and Amarillo hops. This delicacy builds on the Abuela base beer, accenting the funk, dryness, light acidity, and oak flavor with the striking lemon and lime notes contributed by new world hops. 750mL bottle. Sophisticated Lady will be distributed.

Hot Totty - 5.0% abv mixed culture farmhouse ale aged in American oak bourbon barrels with lemon zest and ginger. This dry and complex ale is inspired by a popular cold remedy that includes hot ginger tea, bourbon, and a squeeze and lemon - sometimes referred to as a Hot Toddy. The resulting beer is bursting with bourbon, ginger and citrus flavors. 750mL bottle. Hot Totty will be distributed.

Cobwebs - 6.1% abv blend of mixed culture farmhouse ales aged in oak barrels. This is a new series that we'll add to intermittently. The Cobwebs series will always be different, featuring the beer from our favorite barrels, blended together. The name is drawn from the tiny eight-legged creatures that build webs between our barrels, laying undisturbed and protecting our beer from other insects. 750mL bottle. Cobwebs will see very limited distribution.

Seldom Seen - 3.9% abv dry and sour farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with chanterelle mushrooms. Seldom Seen is sour like a lemon with an earthy, musty, and mouthwatering mushroom character that pairs perfectly with a hearty meal. Imagine a side of mushrooms cooked over an open fire with oil and a squeeze of lemon. One bottle is included with your membership. 750mL bottle. Seldom Seen will not be distributed.

Nectarine Island - 4.8% abv dry and tart farmhouse ale with spelt aged in neutral oak barrels with California grown nectarines. If you remember Isla, a beer brewed in collaboration with our friend Charles Rapadas/3 Chiefs Brewing, released near the beginning of 2016, this is the barrel aged version with nectarines. This beer has a delightful stone fruit character complimenting the light, dry and tart mixed culture ale. All fruit in this beer was grown in California, purchased direct from the farmer, hand processed in our brewery, and added in copious amounts to two oak barrels of Isla. One bottle is included with your membership. 750mL bottle. One keg of Nectarine Island was sent to Toronado for their annual Pacific Islander Festival in September. Otherwise, bottles of Nectarine Island will not be distributed.

Extras from Q3 Allotments:
Black Caviar - 4.2% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with blackberries and lavender. This farmhouse ale is deep purple, with a tannic berry note, and a beautiful floral character. Limit 2 bottles per person - first come, first served until they're gone. 750mL bottle. Black Caviar bottles will not see any distribution.

Stone Street - 4.1% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels with peaches, apricots and grapefruits. This beer is a lot of fun - stone fruit mingles with zesty grapefruit in an incredible force of flavors, finishing dry and tart. Limit 2 bottles per person - first come, first served until they're gone. 750mL bottle. Stone Street will not see any distribution.

Extras from Q2 Allotments:
Rey De Oro - 3.9% abv tart and fruity farmhouse ale aged in oak barrels and then dry hopped with Lemondrop, Sorachi Ace, and Cascade hops. This batch of barrel aged Oro was bursting with citrus flavors, begging to be combined with these citrus-forward hops. Taking the hoppy sour concept of our draft-only Hoppy Oro, we dry hopped this blonde sour with copious amounts of hops lending delightful notes of lemons, grapefruit, coconut, and wood. Limit 2 bottles per person first come, first served, until they're gone! 750mL bottle. Rey De Oro will not be distributed.

nice.gif

That Nectarine Islands!

So I get to meet the JJ. What session are you going to be attending? Please don't go to 3 breweries in San Diego before, we try to keep things respectable at Good Beer.
LOL, I was actually 97% sober when I was at BL, it takes A LOT more than 3 breweries worths to get me drunk. I will be at the first session with my buddy Steve (who is the member)

What is wrong with Nectarine? I'd gladly send a label. Even if its awful I'm so excited to be in this club next year.

Never said there was anything wrong with it. Every bottle I've had from Good Beer Co. has been under carbed to no carb and i'm just over it. So i'm offering it up to anyone who wants it.

15419809_1331222503575353_5802869641610588214_o.jpg

For those of you that don't have Facebook or IG. I'm really stoked on these glasses for the party.

Never said there was anything wrong with it. Every bottle I've had from Good Beer Co. has been under carbed to no carb and i'm just over it. So i'm offering it up to anyone who wants it.
Sucks bro. Are you drinking them fresh? Only bottle I've had like this has been b2 George, which I opened like seven months after I bought it. It's a bummer because I have one more bottle in my closet - and that was a stellar beer when fresh.

Sucks bro. Are you drinking them fresh? Only bottle I've had like this has been b2 George, which I opened like seven months after I bought it. It's a bummer because I have one more bottle in my closet - and that was a stellar beer when fresh.

The first bottle I opened was George and it was fresh and flat, other bottles have had a month to 3 on them and have all been the same in the carb department. No biggie though, they dont taste bad in regards to off flavors, I just like to have carb.

How long do we have to buy the growler? December is hard.....

I'd like to know this as well, because that is one ****ing sexy growler.

Email the stable to ask, last year we had them on the webshop for a while because of order intervals and having a few left over.

Are any of them duds? They honestly all sound ****ing fantastic.

No, it all comes down to preference. I really enjoy what the time in Pinot barrels adds to Abuela. I would gladly drink any of those beers that are available for purchase, and Frenchie was one of my favorite beers from last year.

how is it? haven't opened any of mine yet

I have an issue with Lavender in general so I really disliked the nose and was a little leery going in.

Taste wise I loved it, everything really gelled.

I will say I had a massive allergy attack about 20 minutes after drinking it so something in it disagreed with me

Back