2014 HBT Fantasy Baseball League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's not on my fantasy team, but he is on my favorite team. Prince Fielder done for the year. Dammit! The Rangers now have 14 players on the DL. Most in the Majors. And to whomever has Jurikson Profar, looks like he has had a set back and is out another 2-3 months.

I had Profar up until a few moments ago in the other league I'm in.

Rough year for injuries.

I've been quiet for a while, guys, just lurking. My uneducated technique of setting my players is working just about as well as it has the past few seasons (so I'm lingering at the bottom of the league) but I have pulled out 2 amazing victories this season- one of about 2 points (lipstick city) and one of less than 1 point (PC&G)!

A 2 in the W column is enough for me not to feel too ashamed as the token Brit over the pond who would be better off if this was cricket or rounders!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've been quiet for a while, guys, just lurking. My uneducated technique of setting my players is working just about as well as it has the past few seasons (so I'm lingering at the bottom of the league) but I have pulled out 2 amazing victories this season- one of about 2 points (lipstick city) and one of less than 1 point (PC&G)!

A 2 in the W column is enough for me not to feel too ashamed as the token Brit over the pond who would be better off if this was cricket or rounders!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

No worries, man. Everyone has been quiet. I think we're all busy licking our wounds with all of the injuries.

Glad to have you in the league.

Yeah Profar is going to hit the scrap heap as soon as I need his DL spot.

It has been a tough season for me so far because I am traveling like crazy for a new job. Spent literally half of 2014 on the road so far. I am unable to come here as much, but fortunately have been mostly able to stay up with my team.

Dave

Yeah Profar is going to hit the scrap heap as soon as I need his DL spot.

It has been a tough season for me so far because I am traveling like crazy for a new job. Spent literally half of 2014 on the road so far. I am unable to come here as much, but fortunately have been mostly able to stay up with my team.

Dave

Worst part about Profar is how great Odor has been playing. Profar will more than likely lose his spot once healhty. Profar and Odor are the exact reason i love minor league ball so much and have partial season tickets. I've been watching both of these guys in the Rangers AAA club for the last 3 years. Cool to see them come up.

Well, crap! Looks like Alfred has a free day. I have reached the limit on all of my positions except pitcher.

I am a little concerned though. This is twice that I have reached a limit this year. I never reached it last year. And this week I have had no double headers. Just one player in one position all week. When then, am I a day short with available slots? Johnny?

Edit: It appears that we are allowed 64 games played by position each week. Am I reading this wrong? With 11 slots to fill and 7 games to play, shouldn't our maximum be at least our minimum of 77? If 64 is correct, then by that reasoning, the 7th day of every week would have no players, based on the 66th position being filled on the 6th day. Of course this is only correct if you have no off days at a position. I guess I had more off days than I remembered last year and this year, since this wasn't an issue before. Oh well.

I think it only kicks in if you exceed the 64 game limit after six games right? If you're at or below after the 6th game, you're fully eligible for the 7th.

I think ginger is right. I'm pretty sure we added another active player slot this season, didn't we? That would increase our possible weekly GP by 7 increasing the likelihood that we exceed the GP limit.

I think it only kicks in if you exceed the 64 game limit after six games right? If you're at or below after the 6th game, you're fully eligible for the 7th.

I think you're right about this. But my point was more that, if you have a 11 games a day, everyday, you will never have players eligible on the 7th day. At the end of the 6th day, you will have exceeded the 64 games-played limit.

I think you're right about this. But my point was more that, if you have a 11 games a day, everyday, you will never have players eligible on the 7th day. At the end of the 6th day, you will have exceeded the 64 games-played limit.

This is correct. It is just a quirk of the streaming limit. You just need to pay attention after Friday's games and before Saturday's games start. You should get an alert that you are nearing your limit.

Dave

This is correct. It is just a quirk of the streaming limit. You just need to pay attention after Friday's games and before Saturday's games start. You should get an alert that you are nearing your limit.

Dave

Don't remember ever seeing an alert, but I will keep an eye out for it. I have two days this week without full rosters, so it shouldn't be an issue for me this week.

Anyone interested in OF's as well? I'm making either Cruz, Morse, Byrd, or Hamilton available in return for a SP. Please don't low ball ;).

Looking to move David Price (plus perhaps another starter) for a front line OF. I can't stomach having Price on my team after he acted like a butt hurt 6 year old by plunking Ortiz.

Looking to move David Price (plus perhaps another starter) for a front line OF. I can't stomach having Price on my team after he acted like a butt hurt 6 year old by plunking Ortiz.

LOL! Thinking with your heart. Awesome.

LOL! Thinking with your heart. Awesome.

Say what you want. I won it all last year without EVER putting a Yankee on my team. Not even a random start from a starter. :ban:

Fan first and always. Plus I really need an OF and have tons of pitching.

Take a look at my squad and propose a trade. I have a surplus there, even without Jacoby.

Say what you want. I won it all last year without EVER putting a Yankee on my team. Not even a random start from a starter. :ban:

Fan first and always. Plus I really need an OF and have tons of pitching.
There are couple of players, that no matter how good they are, I refuse to put on my team. I get it.

Not seeing a fit Nick.

Dave
I might be interested in Price. Not sure I have a lot of OF to give up though. Look and see what you might be interested in.

Whoa. Lonnie Chisenhall just scored me 42 points tonight. 5-5 with 3HRs, 9 ribeyes and a double.

Thank you waiver wire.

That is insane! That is a good week for pretty much anyone.

Dave

In other news, Lonnie Chisenhall is on the trading block. I have no doubt that he will put up 42 points every night for the rest of the season. Take that into consideration when you make your offers.

I might consider a deal of Trout, Tulo and King Felix for 'the chis'

In other news, Lonnie Chisenhall is on the trading block. I have no doubt that he will put up 42 points every night for the rest of the season. Take that into consideration when you make your offers.

No way he puts up great numbers again. He doesn't play my piss-poor Rangers again! Boy did he give us a pounding. Last night was brutal. How do you get beat by 10 when you put up 7?!?!?!

I guess I will have to trade for King Felix to make that one work! All for Chisled Hall

Ok, not to beat a dead horse here, but I need some clarification. Back to this eligibility/limit thing. If I fill every position, every day, then on Sunday, I will have no available positions. I get that. So this week, I have planned my week based on leaving positions out so that I will have spots for Sunday. Here's my question, if I fill a spot but that player doesn't play, is that spot counted against the total for the week? Ruiz is not in the line-up today for real, but he was in mine and I didn't realize it until it was too late to put him on the bench. Is there somewhere on the site that tracks the number of spots used/available each week?

Looks like I answered my own question. Click the Scoreboard tab and then under your match up click the full box score tab. It gives you how many games played/64. I was also able to go back and count my use for the week, based on what it says. If you have a player in your line up that doesn't play that day, it is not counted against you. So I will leave this topic alone now. At least for awhile :D

Looks like I answered my own question. Click the Scoreboard tab and then under your match up click the full box score tab. It gives you how many games played/64. I was also able to go back and count my use for the week, based on what it says. If you have a player in your line up that doesn't play that day, it is not counted against you. So I will leave this topic alone now. At least for awhile :D

My work here is done.
Time for a beer.

Quiet league this year. No trades lately and little banter!

Where is everyone?

Dave

I think some of our original members, while active in managing their teams, are less involved here on the site. It is unfortunate, but life happens. Hopefully, we'll get some folks back involved.

Understood. I was hoping to pick things up in here a bit. Throwing a few trade offers out. Still want out of David Price who is suuuuch a tough guy throwing at batters with no recourse against him.

Of course I will have to change my team name at that point.

It has been a little quiet in here. Here's some smack talk to get it going...

The APA division is just killing the IPA division! What's up with you guys?!?!?!

That's all I got. Yay baseball.

We have two teams that are a combined 1 - 21, but other that it's very competitive. :p

I was just looking. While it doesn't look like Bridgetown and Lotharios have had much luck in the standings, it's not for lack of trying. Their rosters are current.

Agreed. I just played with the hitting and pitching standings and Lotharios are much better than their record indicates.

Oh definitely. He's an original member and co-manager of the league with me. I'm sure he's keeping up with his team. He just might now to be able to participate on the forum right now.

Back