2014 HBT Fantasy Baseball League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnnyO

Reaction score
Happy Spring everyone. Baseball season has kicked off down under about 11 hours ago. The HBT Fantasy Baseball League had it's draft last night, and I think that we're all going to have a great season. Looking over everyone's rosters, I don't see many weak teams. Should be exciting to see who gets an early lead this year.

This is the first year since we begin this four (or five) years ago that we have a full league and no open slots. I'm still waiting to get final confirmation from one owner, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt because he's been with the league three years now, and is a good guy to have in the league. I have two people waiting for open slots (nickfern and nachodad).

Good luck to everyone playing this year. I'll check in with TxBrew on a league championship prize like we had last year.

I'm in.....Damn! I checked in at 9:03 central last nite and the draft results were already posted. Obviously nobody was drinking...except possibly the computer guy auto drafting for me :). Anyway, consider the draft my handicap. Now I'm after all y'all's ass! Expect no sympathy! Who's up for some friendly wagers?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm in.....Damn! I checked in at 9:03 central last nite and the draft results were already posted. Obviously nobody was drinking...except possibly the computer guy auto drafting for me :). Anyway, consider the draft my handicap. Now I'm after all y'all's ass! Expect no sympathy! Who's up for some friendly wagers?

Definitely. If you put up some tasso, andouille and a jar of Cajun spices, I'll put up something of equal value.

Im in! Good draft last night. Had a good time. Good luck everyone.

You too, ginger.

I'm up in CT. Can't get those up here aside from some mass produced garbage.

It sucks that this is locked up before it even started. Maybe you could start a another leauge? Like call it minor leagues where the top 2 teams could bump into the major league without keeping players (and knock the bottom 2 out).

Very excited for this season. Feelin' good about my team, so of course I am up for a few friendly wagers.

Dave

Man, it has been a rough go for you post draft, Johnny.

First Profar goes down for close to 3 months and now Reyes has a balky hamstring. I hope your luck turns around!

Dave

Which ever team has Darvish, just lost him too. They have scratched him from opening day and he is on his way back to Dallas to see the back/neck doctor.

Anyone else jonesing for the official DL list to kick in? I've got Harvey, Profar, and (likely) Reyes to throw on and fill some gaps in.

You should put a link to the other thread too to so people can find it.

This thread is misleading because it's not really all HBT members, just a couple of them seem to even post here.

Every member in the league is a homebrewer that learned of the league through the site. This league is now five years old. Some folks may not post up here often, but they're all members of hbt, or they were when they joined the league.

Hope that clears it up for you.

Happy Opening Day everyone.

We are currently getting hit with a few inches of snow here in CT today. Commute was rough this morning. I was sliding all over the place. But the fact that the Mets Opening Day is in a few short hours is enough to keep me going.

Good luck everyone!

I just took a look through the teams. There are a few with DL-eligible players in their starting lineup. If I don't see those change by the end of the week, I'm assuming the person is no longer interested, and giving the teams away.

Gah!!!

This season starts like season. I'm down 52.2 points again Othan, and none of my players have yet to appear in a game.

I just took a look through the teams. There are a few with DL-eligible players in their starting lineup. If I don't see those change by the end of the week, I'm assuming the person is no longer interested, and giving the teams away.

Glad to hear that.

Gah!!!

This season starts like season. I'm down 52.2 points again Othan, and none of my players have yet to appear in a game.

Buck up little camper.*

*Bonus points to whomever knows where that is from without cheating!

Not sure what movie exactly, but I'm hearing it in John Wayne's voice.

Gah!!!

Hahahaha

Happy Opening Day! Made it to the Rangers game. 3rd most combined runs ever scored on opening day. What a crappy pitching display from both teams. Oh well, baseball season has started!

Hahahaha

Happy Opening Day! Made it to the Rangers game. 3rd most combined runs ever scored on opening day. What a crappy pitching display from both teams. Oh well, baseball season has started!

Saw your post earlier before I "went dark" to avoid contact with any reference to the Mets game. Watched the first 5-6 innings now since I got home with 4-5 homebrews. Taking a break now to put the boy to bed.

Well, the Bayou Brewers are picking up right where they left off....Team high scorer was on the bench...WITH an unoccupied active spot! (And I was not drinking!)

Well, the Bayou Brewers are picking up right where they left off....Team high scorer was on the bench...WITH an unoccupied active spot! (And I was not drinking!)

Attagirl.

Finally found the 2014 thread!

(Late to the party as always)

Happy Baseball everyone. Go easy on my Mustangs...

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Our league has not changed Miggy's eligibility to 1B yet. Any idea if they will? I sort of drafted my infield around him moving to 1st and possibly playing 3rd. If the league doesn't make it official, I will need to rethink some things.

I'll trade you Bartolo colon for miggy. Hahaha

They don't add eligibility at a position until the player plays a certain amount of games there. I forget what that number is, but it is a painful wait when you're in that situation. Sorry.

I think I recall seeing on the ESPN website that to qualify for a new position, the player who need to appear in 10 games at that position in the season. I'm not 100% on that though.

Doesn't really matter either way, I guess. It's not like I'm going to drop/trade Miggy and I can't do any better than Freeman right now anyway, so I will wait and not worry about it! ha

The eligibility rule is 20 games in previous season, or 10 in current and the status will change on the day after he plays his 10th game at the new position.

Back