2014 HBT Fantasy Baseball League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the inquiry. But my OF has been in shambles recently. I don't think I can trade Harper right now. Maybe at the end of season?

Sure we can definitely push it off.

I am not trying to stir anything up. I really don't think that Othon is working on his team. He has Votto benched, has left an OF open for the last few weeks. In fact he hasn't made a line up switch since June 4th. He has made 1 lineup switch since May 24th and that was putting Wil Myers on the DL and not filling his hole. It's easy to see...starting pitchers on the bench for almost a month if not longer (I stopped going back).

I am sure that there is a good reason for this, hopefully he gets back to it soon.

Dave

See? It worked. I stirred up some ****! bwahahahaha

It has been much more comptetive than it looks, but I do hate to see a team that is being neglected.

I agree but these guys get the benefit of the doubt. They have been here since the start (from what I know). I am just a newbie after all.

Let's see someone make a trade, even if it isn't with me :drunk:

I think people are too afraid to make a mistake! Hell I traded Greinke for Anibal Sanchez. That one has blown up on me, so has trading Springer for Gio Gonzalez. With that said I play with my heart a lot and that can work for me or against me...all I know is I have more fun when there is a lot of league interaction.

Crap! I got notice of a trade offer and went to review it and it's gone....Top that off with two consecutive days of leaving a SP on the bench and it's been a wonderful freakin week!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Pretty stoked that I could be getting back Harper and Gerrit Cole in the next week from the DL.

Nice Johnny, I hope we don't play each other soon.

I am going to immediately regret this comment, but my DL has been pretty clear the last few weeks. **Waiting for impending doom to all of my best players**

Dave

Nice Johnny, I hope we don't play each other soon.

I am going to immediately regret this comment, but my DL has been pretty clear the last few weeks. **Waiting for impending doom to all of my best players**

Dave

Yep. Get ready to see the following on the news for Braun and King Felix...

peter-skint-knee-o.gif

Ok, I'm going to ***** a little. This player limit is really starting to piss me off! Again, I have reached the limit and have NO players active today. Here's the win Guidry! This is BS. We need to find away, next year, to change this. If you can't play every position every day, what's the fvcking point?!?!?!?! If you have to bench guys through the week just so you can play on Sunday, what's the fvcking point?!?!? Does every team in baseball not fill every position everyday? Then why can't we?

Rant over (for now)

I didn't get to join your league this year, but joined another and it only allowed 200 pitcher starts which I hit yesterday, so now I have effectively lost half my team for the rest of the year. I got to within 10 popints of 1st place just yesterday coming from 2nd to last for most of the year.

So a large portion of my team are in big time slumps! Never fun when they overlap like that.

Though, it is hard to call what Dom Brown did the last few weeks a slump as he has been effing terrible this year. With that said, someone should definitely grab him due to the fact that he is about to regain last years form now that I have dropped him.

Also the Red Sox are terrible.

PC&G LLC out.

Hahaha.

I'd been holding onto drew Hutchison until yesterday, waiting for him to come to form. Dropped him and picked up Mike leake. Lake gets shelled. Hutchison pitches his career best game.

PC&G, hope you enjoyed that win i handed you! We were having a helluva competitive week too. This muthafvckin limit is starting to piss me off! I even benched guys to make sure i didnt exceed but somehow i did. I guess from now on i will just sit one player per day. This is bullsh1t!

I increased the GS for batters to 70. I think that should take care of it. Thought about making both pitchers and batters limitless, but that would just open up opportunities for people to just throw as many SP in a matchup as possible. While impressive to see people do that much roster management, it takes away from the general enjoyment of the league.

I increased the GS for batters to 70. I think that should take care of it. Thought about making both pitchers and batters limitless, but that would just open up opportunities for people to just throw as many SP in a matchup as possible. While impressive to see people do that much roster management, it takes away from the general enjoyment of the league.

I'm glad it was adjusted, but not sure if during the season was the ideal time to do it.

You can't retroactively adjust scoring and standings for those weeks where limits were exceeded, but not during the new rule.

If it has been extended, then im happy. Like ive said many times before, if you cant play a full roster everyday, then something is wrong with the settings. So regardless of retroactive scoring or not, at least i can stop benching players just so that i can play on Sundays! Thanks, Johnny.

For what its worth, I really don't care either way about GS batter limit being 64 or 70.

WGB, it really was simple math. You can't exceed 63 GS on Saturday to have players count for Sunday. You have 11 spots to start batters. You have 6 days that matter for the limits. 11X6=66, 66-3=63. If you left 3 spots open during the 6 days you won't exceed the limit.

You have made a choice with how you construct your roster, which is fine, that is a personal preference thing. Imagine if a pro team did what you are doing? They would have 15-16 batters and 9-10 pitchers on their staff...that would cause them problems too. Your imbalance has been the problem, not the limits.

I really don't mean to sound harsh, but in the last few weeks it seems that you are the only one struggling with this and usually when 1/12 are having problems its on the 1 not the league as a whole.

Anyways, we love having you in the league, and let me know if you would trade Lucroy.

Best,
Dave

For what its worth, I really don't care either way about GS batter limit being 64 or 70.

WGB, it really was simple math. You can't exceed 63 GS on Saturday to have players count for Sunday. You have 11 spots to start batters. You have 6 days that matter for the limits. 11X6=66, 66-3=63. If you left 3 spots open during the 6 days you won't exceed the limit.

You have made a choice with how you construct your roster, which is fine, that is a personal preference thing. Imagine if a pro team did what you are doing? They would have 15-16 batters and 9-10 pitchers on their staff...that would cause them problems too. Your imbalance has been the problem, not the limits.

I really don't mean to sound harsh, but in the last few weeks it seems that you are the only one struggling with this and usually when 1/12 are having problems its on the 1 not the league as a whole.

Anyways, we love having you in the league, and let me know if you would trade Lucroy.

Best,
Dave

Yes, i understand the math but by your logic, an MLB team cound play every position every day either. There are 77 total batters available for a week And i think it sucks when you cant use them all.

Yes, i understand the math but by your logic, an MLB team cound play every position every day either. There are 77 total batters available for a week And i think it sucks when you cant use them all.

I get it and like I said, I don't particularly care either way.

Major League teams rarely play all 7 days in a week, though. Your team doesn't naturally avoid this problem because you have used all of your bench spots on position players. Either way, I tried to check but didn't care enough to do the research necessary...did you have more than 75 points from your batters on Sunday? Would have needed that to beat me...hard to do most days.

I get it and like I said, I don't particularly care either way.

Major League teams rarely play all 7 days in a week, though. Your team doesn't naturally avoid this problem because you have used all of your bench spots on position players. Either way, I tried to check but didn't care enough to do the research necessary...did you have more than 75 points from your batters on Sunday? Would have needed that to beat me...hard to do most days.

Didnt research either. I just know we were in a dead heat up until sun. Sunday, all my batters sat, so you had a guaranteed win. I actually think i was winning by a few points after saturday.

This is the last thing i'm going to say about this, i promise. I have given this a lot of thought since the max was increased. As much as i have complained about it, i dont think its fair to make a switch that everyone is not on board with. That being said, i dont know what everyone's opinion is, but would like to know. There has been a few of us that have discussed it, but certainly not the majority of us. If we added a position since last year (and i cant remember) then i feel we should have increased the max. However, if we did not add a spot and i am just managing my team poorly, then that should be on me. So, for the last time beating this dead horse, is everyone OK with the increased max?

I really don't care either way. It has little to no effect on my team. I don't like winning because someone else got screwed though.

Dave

So it's mid-way through the season and it's been pretty quiet in here. How does everyone feel about their season? Any big changes coming or are you happy with your team? Good luck in the second half!

So it's mid-way through the season and it's been pretty quiet in here. How does everyone feel about their season? Any big changes coming or are you happy with your team? Good luck in the second half!

Feeling mediocre at the moment. Lost a few weeks by a small difference.

I'd like to think I've done well so far with the team I inherited.

Feeling mediocre at the moment. Lost a few weeks by a small difference.

I'd like to think I've done well so far with the team I inherited.

I think we all get a little ho-hum at this point in the season.

Just remember that our playoffs start the second week of September. Try to get rid of your mediocrity by then, will ya? :D

What an exciting trade deadline! I guess I should just change my team name to the Tigers since I have Scherzer, Anibel and Price...

My Sox made some interesting moves, I like them on face value, but a lot needs to be figured out still.

Dave

What an exciting trade deadline! I guess I should just change my team name to the Tigers since I have Scherzer, Anibel and Price...

My Sox made some interesting moves, I like them on face value, but a lot needs to be figured out still.

Dave

What was the overall strategy for the sox? I haven't had the time to take a closer look. I think that Cespedes is going to be awesome to watch at Fenway, but giving up Lester and Lackey? Who's going to pitch? Pedroia from second?

What was the overall strategy for the sox? I haven't had the time to take a closer look. I think that Cespedes is going to be awesome to watch at Fenway, but giving up Lester and Lackey? Who's going to pitch? Pedroia from second?

Ha! Maybe!

That is why I am not 100% in on this. The strategy is that we are not going to compete this year and we wanted more for Lester than what we can pick with a compensatory pick. As for Lackey, I like that deal...he is 35 going on old and I don't think he can keep up this pace for much longer. Also, he was not going to play for the minimum contract next season so we were going to need to add at least 1 year.

All in all, our offense just got a lot more potent and I think the Sox will be very aggressive on the free agent market in the off season for top pitchers, including Lester.

I don't understand the plan for the rest of the season. Between DH, 1B and outfield we now have Ortiz, Napoli, Nava, Carp, Bradley Jr, Victorino, Craig, Cespedes and kind of Holt. That is 9 players between 5ish spots. Reducing that down, Nava and Carp are more of bench players...still 7 guys for 5 spots on a daily basis.

Know this...the Sox will be VERY busy before the Rule 5 draft. They have way too many guys they need to protect on the 40 man roster. I think you can expect another massive trade with the Sox acquiring a very big name in the off season, if Stanton is available this winter, the Sox can't and won't lose out on him.

Well god damnit! I need to trade Prado...he got traded last second to the Yankees. Takers?

Dave

I actually like Cespedes going to the Sox, although I HATE the Sox. If the Sox can get Cespedes to sign on to a multi-year contract it would definitely pay off. The dude has power.

Hey guys,
I'm realising more and more that I just don't find the time to get on and keep up with my team. If you know anyone that wants to join the league next year and would like to take over my team for the next clue of months to try to get it in the shape they want, then I'd be happy to hand over the reigns. If not, then I'll do my best and I'll try harder next season.
I've just got a few other priorities I need to take care of at the moment. I'm impressed that I don't have the worst record, though!
Al

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Hate that you need to give up the team, but I do understand. This has been one of the busiest years (summers) of my life. IIRC, there are couple of guys that posted in here asking for a team if someone leaves. So, if you really can't finish the year, you could probably give it to one of them.

Hey Al, sorry to hear that you're not up to keeping with the team. I completely understand. I'll check in with the guys who had expressed interest to see if they want to take on your team. If we don't have someone interested, I'd appreciate it if you could keep on with your team through the season, and I'll find a new owner for next year.

Again, thanks for being part of the league. It's been fun having you on board.

Been following this thread. If the team does open up I'm still interested. Tried sending a pm to JohnnyO but inbox is full.

Been following this thread. If the team does open up I'm still interested. Tried sending a pm to JohnnyO but inbox is full.

haha, I tried sending you a message as well, but I coudn't because I let my membership lapse.

Email me your name, email and team name to johnjorourke at gmail dot com.

Hey JohnnyO,
It's just one more thing that I feel guilty about for not having the time to do.
Let me know if I need to do anything to enable the team to be taken over, or if you can just assign it to someone else.
Good luck to whoever takes it on, likely a hard job to get anywhere this season (insert jokes here about my beloved Red Sox), but, much like those darn Sox and the trade deadline, there's time now to prepare for next year.
Cheers all,
Al

PS. If no one is taking it over I will try my best to check in regularly of course.

Oh, yeah, and thanks to all you guys for being welcoming and letting this guy who knows basically nothing about fantasy baseball and lives over in the UK join your league.
It was fun, and I really did learn a lot. I even have 4 Ws! Amazing. I think I had 1 my first season!

Back