2014 Doggie Claws (problems?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of draft, I had Blue Dot at the brewery in April and it and was murky oxidized homebrew gone real bad. WTF. When BD is good, it's amazing...

DGaF?

I do like that the bottles are available for onsite consumption a few days ahead of time. $30 lunch saved me from driving up to Portland on Saturday, standing in line, and possibly dropping up to $250 on more flat beer that will sit in my cellar.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't thing standing in line has been necessary for any release since the last Matt release.

Speaking of draft, I had Blue Dot at the brewery in April and it and was murky oxidized homebrew gone real bad. WTF. When BD is good, it's amazing...
The last bottle I had of Blue Dot was like that too. Terrible. I used to always get excited about that beer. Now I walk right by it.

The last bottle I had of Blue Dot was like that too. Terrible. I used to always get excited about that beer. Now I walk right by it.

The bottles have been problematic for a while now, but I was floored that the kegs at the brewery were just as bad.

In comparison, the Doggie Claws on tap was just as good as I remembered it being.

Stopped by the brewery about a month ago. Taps tasted fine, Matt was awesome.

2014 Doggie Claws. The hop particulate was pretty well compacted at this point and stayed in the bottle. (And there was a lot of particulate.) Very light carbonation. Not what you'd hope for, but it wasn't dead flat. Not great, but enjoyable, and definitely better than it was a few months ago.

Back