2010 NCAA tournament discussion thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shecky

Just an old guy
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glued to three games at the moment and will be for the rest of the day and tomorrow. So as not to clog up the Tap Room, any interested parties feel free to talk college hoops here.

I'll start. I can't remember so many close early games on day one. It bodes well. :rockin:

Even Vandy/murray st is looking like it is going to be a good one. I can't see it though just scores.

I don't have a problem with them. Hell I usually like them during the season but it would help me out if they lost and I love seeing huge upsets.

RMU played a hell of a game but that last shot was horrendous.

Time to go out and shoot some hoops lest my butt be plastered to this couch until midnight.

No, shut up. Coach is a great guy.

What the hell was Redding thinking not taking an open layup ahead three with 20 seconds left? Idiot.

I agree - did he think he could pull a Bob Cousy and dribble out the last 20 seconds?

Always take the points!

So you (shecky) said that ND shouldn't lose to a team like ODU, but you picked ODU?

p.s. Shecky and Yooper 3-0 out of the gates :mug:

So you (shecky) said that ND shouldn't lose to a team like ODU, but you picked ODU?

p.s. Shecky and Yooper 3-0 out of the gates :mug:

Well, that doesn't bode well at all. I suck at this, and Shecky claims he does, too. I guess we can revel in the short-lived glory of being #1. Until the next game ends...............

That's where my job helps. I've seen ND a lot. A little inside knowledge helps.
Well, that doesn't bode well at all. I suck at this, and Shecky claims he does, too. I guess we can revel in the short-lived glory of being #1. Until the next game ends...............
I don't know, Yoop, I actually tried this year. Of course, you're probably right. :)

Like when I picked UConn over ND in football and this one writer who covers UConn kept saying "no way" :D
Yeah, like that. :p

Actually, it's impossible for me to pick UConn. I see all the warts and issues. With the other Big East teams, I get a smaller sampling and it's sometimes easier then to filter things. You know?

Guess what? I get to go to Virginia Tech for an NIT game Monday night. Yippee.

holy ****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

okay shecky, officially concede bowl week to today and tomorrow!
Thank you.

I lost a game but that was freakin' awesome. What a great shot. :)

However, I think the official (Pat Driscoll) blew the call on with five seconds left. Looked like the Murray State dude hit it out of bounds.

However, I think the official (Pat Driscoll) blew the call on with five seconds left. Looked like the Murray State dude hit it out of bounds.

Like my g'pa would say - if you put yourself in a position where one blown call at the end of the game costs you, it's your own fault! :D

Like my g'pa would say - if you put yourself in a position where one blown call at the end of the game costs you, it's your own fault! :D
No argument there. I was just pointing it out. Never have I blamed the outcome of a game on the officials.

Although the umpires did screw the pooch on Knoblauch's phantom tag on Offerman in the 1999 ALCS. I'm over it now. No, really I am. Seriously.

Is it too early for me to start my rant about how much money CBS could make if they had a DVD of ALL of the "One Shining Moments" that they do every year after the Final?

Latest posts

Back