2 timers in control panel?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I'm planning on going with the timer from Auberins (ASL-51) unless anyone has a better option. Is it overkill to put two of these in a control panel? I should have plenty of room for two of them. I was thinking it would be good to have one for the boil time and another for hop additions/second mash on double brew days/time to eat (sometimes you just forget during a long brew day).

I dont think its overkill at all. I actually am thinking about getting at least one, but I'm not sure if they will fit in my CP.

If you have the room the only thing you have to decide is if it is still aesthetically pleasing. I'm sure you could work out a nice looking layout.

I didn't do a timer. Kinda wish I had though. I'll just put up a nice clock on the wall or something :p

I used 2 ASL-51s on my Kal-panel. I'm gas fired with manual control on the BK so had the extra hole to fill.

I set one timer for long processes like total mash or boil duration. Then the second one is for shorter steps like mash steps or hop additions.

You could also set one to count up and time your brew day, how long it takes to heat water, sparge timer, etc.

Back