2 Row Bulk...$48 shipped

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just came across this and ordered a sack. Shipping is always a killer on bulk grain.
$48 with free shipping...thats a homerun.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...hUKEwi-q6Tz0OjfAhVHU98KHXHuBPoQ9aACCDY&adurl=

Not sure why this isn't showing up in your original post....if you hit "reply" you'll see a link in there but it's not showing up.

Here's the source it eventually leads to:

https://www.northernbrewer.com/prod...MIxfqp89Do3wIVzeDICh1TvANPEAQYASABEgKg2vD_BwE

Here's what it looks like from my end:

Capture.JPG

My LHBS that I've been going to forever and liked went out of business. Theres another one but I "think" its around $60. I have no loyalty to that place. I'll take not leaving my house for less money.

Not everyone, I'd say most, dont have a LHBS thats actually local...local means local not a 100 miles away.

I'm one of those that could give a rats *ss what InBev owns or doesnt.

If you dont want to buy it dont buy it. Posting about what YOU can do means nothing to others. THere are MANY that could benefit from a deal like this.

My LHBS that I've been going to forever and liked went out of business. Theres another one but I "think" its around $60. I have no loyalty to that place. I'll take not leaving my house for less money.

Not everyone, I'd say most, dont have a LHBS thats actually local...local means local not a 100 miles away.

I'm one of those that could give a rats *ss what InBev owns or doesnt.

If you dont want to buy it dont buy it. Posting about what YOU can do means nothing to others. THere are MANY that could benefit from a deal like this.
You posted a deal you like, I postes why I don't like it.

Calm down.

You posted a deal you like, I postes why I don't like it.

Calm down.
I posted a deal others might benefit from...you chose to attempt to find something wrong with it. If you don't like it...don't buy it...nobody cares if if you don't like Inbev. Thats not the point of the thread. It's a helping thread...not a debate thread

I really appreciate the Op mentioned the deal....

...the fact his handle is ALL CPAPS is what we should all be upset about.

I MEAN REALLY...WHO WANTS TO BE AROUND PEOPLE SHOUTING THEIR NAME ALL DAY.

“I HAVE TO PEE”
“ANYBODY SEEN MY KEYS?”
“I’M GOING TO TAKE A NAP”

...very annoying but thanks again for the tip on the grain!

I posted a deal others might benefit from...you chose to attempt to find something wrong with it. If you don't like it...don't buy it...nobody cares if if you don't like Inbev. Thats not the point of the thread. It's a helping thread...not a debate thread
you posted a deal you like - far out, right on, way to go.

I posted a deal I like, and one that may benefit MANY people in my area - just as equally far out, right on, and way to go.

in the nature of this thread, I'm sure you're clear minded enough to see this.

ACSszfER-hcdFx7H_2wA8SrsoTh2m4Fd7drXr9cBZQ=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no

“I could not deprive you of the revelation of all that you could accomplish together, of a friendship that will define you both in ways you cannot yet realize“ —- Spock

ABInBev is the devil! lol, just like brewing i'm perfectly capable of getting barley wet, and letting it sit myself! $12.99 for a 50lb sack of barley from the feed store!

lols.jpg

Others might want to know who they are buying from. I'm also being helpful. And I will be helpful and share my opinion whenever I feel like it.

“If I were human I believe my response would be ‘go to hell’. If I were human.” —Spock

“I have never understood the female capacity to avoid a direct answer to any question.” — Spock

Northern has 15% or 20% off sales from time to time. If you want to buy from them, and don't need it asap, then you can wait for a better deal.

It's a shame that other shops can't match or beat the price. I'd rather buy from someone else, but I haven't found anyone that can sell bulk grains for the prices (after coupon) that Northern charges. On the bright side, I doubt they're making much money when it's 20% off. Most vendors charge somewhere around $20 to ship a sack of grain. If Northern is paying anything close to that, then there's not much profit.

Sale must be over. Price is back up to $54. Didn’t check the “free shipping”

Northern has 15% or 20% off sales from time to time. If you want to buy from them, and don't need it asap, then you can wait for a better deal.

It's a shame that other shops can't match or beat the price. I'd rather buy from someone else, but I haven't found anyone that can sell bulk grains for the prices (after coupon) that Northern charges. On the bright side, I doubt they're making much money when it's 20% off. Most vendors charge somewhere around $20 to ship a sack of grain. If Northern is paying anything close to that, then there's not much profit.

I get my bulk grain - check that - everything -from Ritebrew.com. I've.never seen anyone come close to their prices, even if on sale. I tried to but from NB a month or so ago (even though I think they're the devil...), but I apparently didn't read the.fine print close enough. So, even with their incredible "sale"their prices couldn't touch Rite Brew. Now, all that said, they are only one state over and use a regional shipping company to keep overall cost down, so it may not be the same for everyone. But 50 lb bags of grain (Briess 2- row) start out around $35. Tag shipping on top of that, still cheaper than driving 3 hours to NB for me.

I get my bulk grain - check that - everything -from Ritebrew.com. I've.never seen anyone come close to their prices, even if on sale. I tried to but from NB a month or so ago (even though I think they're the devil...), but I apparently didn't read the.fine print close enough. So, even with their incredible "sale"their prices couldn't touch Rite Brew. Now, all that said, they are only one state over and use a regional shipping company to keep overall cost down, so it may not be the same for everyone. But 50 lb bags of grain (Briess 2- row) start out around $35. Tag shipping on top of that, still cheaper than driving 3 hours to NB for me.
I punched in my zip and they want $25 shipping....$61 total. If anyone finds a better deal shipped than what I posted feel free to list it. It is after all what the thread is about, Spreading the word on cheap bulk grain.

Im not sure if prices would be comparable, but it may be worth checking out for some-

Lately ive been researching the process of home mushroom cultivation. There are a lot of companies offering cleaning products and organic rye berry.

It seems like a very similar hobbie to homebrewing. 1% brewing, 99% sanitation and cleaning. And the materials seem to be similar.

Some of these company sites may be worth checking for deals on bulk rye grain and clean products.
(Im not sure if rye grain berries are usable for a grain brew, let me know)

I bought my first few kits from Ritebrew. Their prices are definitely very good for a lot of what they sell, and I wish it was my local shop. But for bulk grains, it's $27.25 to ship to me.

I buy all my bulk grain from More Beer in 10# bags. $1.06 for base malt with free shipping. The 10# bags work better for me from a storage standpoint so it's a win win. They are now carrying Viking Malt and on my next order I'm going to give that a try as it was .79/# last time I checked.

I buy all my bulk grain from More Beer in 10# bags. $1.06 for base malt with free shipping. The 10# bags work better for me from a storage standpoint so it's a win win. They are now carrying Viking Malt and on my next order I'm going to give that a try as it was .79/# last time I checked.
That sounds like a nice deal on Viking, especially with the flexibility of a 10 pound bag. The reviews are hit or miss though. Several reviewers said that they had lower efficiency when they used Viking, so they need to use more in order to hit their OG.

Edit: I almost got duped on it. I thought the Viking was standard 2-row, but it's listed as "2-row Pale Ale Malt". Looking over my future recipes, most of my batches won't use much Pale Ale malt.

Last edited:
I don't have a LHBS. I get my 2-Row for $32/sack from the local brewpub.
Don't try this in PA, the LCB tracks grain sold to breweries. At least that's what my local brewpub told me when I asked about buying a few sacks.

Latest posts

Back