2 Batches into 1 Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knot_yett

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hello,

I am sure that this has been asked somewhere here before, and it is likely a no-brainer, so I'll ask away anyways. I have brewed a few handfuls of 5 to 10 gallon batches of different beer using my current gear -- an older sabco brewmagic rims, 2 blichmann 14 gallon conicals with cooling coils attached to a ssbrewtech 1/5hp glycol chiller. I have recently been asked to brew a full 15.5 gallon keg for a wedding. My question, now that all that is out of the way, is whether I am right in thinking that I can brew two 7.5+/- gallon batches, ferment each in a fermenter, and then combine them into the same Keg? My plan is to brew them the same day, back to back.

Many thanks

I've never done it, but I spent a few minutes considering it, and I can't come up with a reason why it wouldn't work. Lambics are often blended after being brewed years apart, right?

If you're brewing something good, I'd brew two 10-gallon batches so that you have 4.5 gallons for yourself as well!

Latest posts

Back