15.5 gal Keg Lid?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabe

It's a sickness!
Reaction score
What's the best way to make a lid for a mashtun when using a 15.5 gal keg as your vessel? Got to keep the heat in right? Is there a better method to cutting the top out and still having a lid? Thanks for any info.

Look for a used pot lid at yard sales or thrift shops or find a spare one around the house that can do extra duty as a tun lid. Use the lid as a template to cut the hole in the keg. Voila! New keg lid.

Any lid that your wife has that is around 12" in diameter works great if all else fails check Sabco their lids are'nt so bad? Are they

I was at a National teach a friend brew day this weekend at my LHBS and seen many people using kegs. What one guy did was use the top that was cut off the top of his keg and welded 3 tabs onto it so it would not fall back in. Talk about recycling and it worked good for him.

No worry's glibbidy, just getin ya in the know. Yah I thought about doin the tab thing Brew Boy and that's the plan untill all else fails. Still looking for suggestions. Keep em coming .Cheers

Back