12 Beers of Christmas 2020 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you leave out the sour cultures he suggests as an option? Which yeast did you select?

I used WLP530 Abbey Ale and yes I did leave the wild culture out.

I did a test batch in the beginning of the year and to one keg I added a mixed brett culture and the other I added(and carbed it) with 2 lbs of raw honey. The sour culture dried out the beer too much compared to the latter. The funny thing is that carbing with the honey added a nice funk that I thought may have been a wild yeast.

When I repeated this same process for the beer you drank it didnt get that funk that was present with the first(same raw honey, different jar though). Overall it was a really fun beer to play with. If you decide to grab it and have any questions let me know!

Last edited:
I know it's a bit after the fact, but I wanted to say that every beer I tried I was happy to get in this swap and I really enjoyed my only year participating. And I know it's been said many times, but thanks @TBC for running the show.

Unfortunately, life has decided that I need to quit drinking beer so my beer brewing days are over. I have learned that I can still drink wine and spirits with no issues though so I am going to keep my home brewing juices flowing with mead and maybe a wine or two.

I know it's a bit after the fact, but I wanted to say that every beer I tried I was happy to get in this swap and I really enjoyed my only year participating. And I know it's been said many times, but thanks @TBC for running the show.

Unfortunately, life has decided that I need to quit drinking beer so my beer brewing days are over. I have learned that I can still drink wine and spirits with no issues though so I am going to keep my home brewing juices flowing with mead and maybe a wine or two.
I don’t know whether I should like this or be sad. Either way, thanks for the feedback, and feel well.

This beer from @fourfarthing was EXCELLENT. It was an extra, but wish it was part of the normal event so I would have had more.

(also, the name was great. what inspired that?)

1611275866482.png

This beer from @fourfarthing was EXCELLENT. It was an extra, but wish it was part of the normal event so I would have had more.

(also, the name was great. what inspired that?)

View attachment 715379

#blushing

It would have probably been greater had I gotten all of the hop bits out!! Sorry bout the foaming.

The name is derived from the fact that a prior version of this beer was the first beer that I brewed in COVID quarantine last March and I felt like a play on talking to yourself seemed like a good idea. No clue where I actually got the creative wordplay honestly. Next time I am going to aim for more body in this one. Prost

Hey everyone! A bit late, but then again I have not drank every Christmas beer yet! I took most of January off from drinking.

That being said I have tried at least one of everyone's beers and they are all excellent! I'm looking forward to swapping some local beers with people this year too! Thanks everyone for their participation and the organization of this!

I don’t know how this bottle managed to survive a whole year but it was a pleasant surprise when putting this years haul in the beer fridge!

Quite delicious still after over a year of aging! Wish I had more!

View attachment 752989

@yoop89 I was check into homebrewtalk this morning to see what was up with the 2021 Beers of Christmas share since I didn't participate this year. It was a nice surprise to see this comment about my old ale. I haven't opened one since last year, but plan to crack one open later today. Happy Holidays to all!

Back