12 Beers of Christmas 2019 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we've reached a point of critical mass where we will definitely be doing 2 groups this year. I don't want anyone to be left out. So let's get those groups filled up! Feel free to join the group 1 if you're west coast etc, just be reminded shipping will be slightly higher.

Ok. Here's my two cents, and I know it's kind of a dick move. It seems to me that lots of people want to take part in this activity. I don't know that it's fair to the group that anyone who signed up last year for a recipe but then didn't actually ship beers should get first dibs at signing up for 2019. I was really looking forward to getting 12 different types of beers this year.

Seems like there should be a penalty of some kind. Maybe it's a year's suspension from signing up or maybe they have to wait to see if there is a beer that nobody else signs up to make. Anyway, that's my two cents, but I'll go along with whatever the majority thinks, or whatever @MapleGroveAleworks thinks since MapleGrove is taking on the responsibility of organizing for 2019.
Understood and totally agree. I withdraw my request. I'll follow along just to keep track of all the fun you all are having brewing these amazing beers. :mug:

Take at look at the OP. It shows what is currently available. For group 1 all that is left is the Christmas Gruit and Abbey Weizen.

Ok thought we would have a little more time. Looked in and this forum was lit up.

I’ll take the Abbey Weizen, but still will likely be brewing the quad for personal consumption. [emoji482]

Here is the list of Beers:

GROUP 1 (East Coast)

1) Caramel Quadrupel @HopHeavy
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel @fourfarthing
3) Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock: @Hoppy2bmerry
4) Juniper Rye Bock @dryboroughbrewing
5) Fruitcake Old Ale: @BradleyBrew
6) Saffron Tripel @cegan09
7) Christmas Gruit
8) Honey Ginger IPA @HopHeavy brother Pete
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale: @MapleGroveAleworks
10) Gingerbread Ale @Jtk78
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout @TBC
12) Abbey Weizen @wstbrewing

GROUP 2 (West Coast)

1) Caramel Quadrupel @gromitdj
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel @Yeroc
3) Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock
4) Juniper Rye Bock @Jmarsh544
5) Fruitcake Old Ale @anotherbeerplease
6) Saffron Tripel @jerbrew
7) Christmas Gruit @Scturo
8) Honey Ginger IPA @dawn_kiebawls
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale @tochsner
10) Gingerbread Ale
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout @TwistedGray
12) Abbey Weizen @grampamark
[/QUOTE]

GROUP 1 (East Coast)

1) Caramel Quadrupel @HopHeavy
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel @fourfarthing
3) Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock: @Hoppy2bmerry
4) Juniper Rye Bock @dryboroughbrewing
5) Fruitcake Old Ale: @BradleyBrew
6) Saffron Tripel @cegan09
7) Christmas Gruit
8) Honey Ginger IPA @HopHeavy brother Pete
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale: @MapleGroveAleworks
10) Gingerbread Ale @Jtk78
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout @TBC
12) Abbey Weizen @wstbrewing

GROUP 2 (West Coast)

1) Caramel Quadrupel @gromitdj
2) Spiced Cherry Dubbel @Yeroc
3) Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock
4) Juniper Rye Bock @Jmarsh544
5) Fruitcake Old Ale @anotherbeerplease
6) Saffron Tripel @jerbrew
7) Christmas Gruit @Scturo
8) Honey Ginger IPA @dawn_kiebawls
9) Crabapple Lambicky Ale @tochsner
10) Gingerbread Ale @chrisgood1
11) Spiced Bourbon Stout @TwistedGray
12) Abbey Weizen @grampamark

Super excited for this! Just wondering, how many of the West Coast individuals are in the Orange County/ L.A. region of Southern California? I am in Orange County - I would think out of the 12 individuals a few of us might be from this area, which would be a benefit in combining shipping and maybe “testing” some of the progress along the way! Hope everyone is having a merry Christmas Eve!

I'm close enough - happy to make the drive up!

Another San Diegan, nice and about time.

Super excited for this! Just wondering, how many of the West Coast individuals are in the Orange County/ L.A. region of Southern California? I am in Orange County - I would think out of the 12 individuals a few of us might be from this area, which would be a benefit in combining shipping and maybe “testing” some of the progress along the way! Hope everyone is having a merry Christmas Eve!

I met scturo and gromitdj up in San Clemente for the 2018 exchange. It was fun and I hope we can do it with a bigger group next year.

It looks like we got 3 in OC, and 2 in SD. The more the merrier.

Well, I’m west, but far from the west coast-N Central Montana, actually.

I see Jmarsh has the Griz logo in his avatar. A Montana connection?

I'm in Eastern Nebraska...I'd love to visit any of you though! lol

I'm in Eastern Nebraska...I'd love to visit any of you though! lol

A fellow cornhusker. I’ve been back in Omaha for a few days visiting family. Enjoyed a few local beers while here, too.

- Cinnamon Roll Imperial Stout from White Elm Brewing.
- Lucky Bucket Snow Suit Winter Warmer.
- Lots from a visit to Nebraska Brewing Co. Sneaking a few bottles/cans home in my luggage today.

A fellow cornhusker. I’ve been back in Omaha for a few days visiting family. Enjoyed a few local beers while here, too.

- Cinnamon Roll Imperial Stout from White Elm Brewing.
- Lucky Bucket Snow Suit Winter Warmer.
- Lots from a visit to Nebraska Brewing Co. Sneaking a few bottles/cans home in my luggage today.

Glad you enjoyed your visit back. White Elm does some fun stuff, I'll have to look for that Cinnamon Roll stout...My family is all from Tempe and my brother still lives in Phoenix. If I get the chance to come visit and golf to escape the cold this winter I'll let you know! Cheers

Back