12 Beers of Christmas 2018 Edition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received the @biochemedic Ginger Honey IPA yesterday. Love the label!

2018-12-10 20.38.04.jpg

I received the group 2 Spiced Dunkel Weizenbock and the Crabapple Lambicky today safe and sound.

I dropped off the "samples" of the Quad tonight at the UPS store. I'll get y'all tracking numbers later when I have a few minutes. He said the CA shipments would get there next Tuesday so everyone should see theirs within that time frame.

@btbnl I got your package today. FedEx left it at my front gate. Unfortunately, my dogs found it before I did. They must’ve had one hell of a party, because all I could find was a shred of bubble wrap, a few packing peanuts, and a tore up box. I can’t, for the life of me, get them to give me a review of it, so I’ll have to rely on y’all for that.

@Blackdirt_cowboy and @mirthfuldragon your shipments arrived today, both in good order. MD I like the cans...I was going to try and can my batch, I have a local buddy with a seamer, but he only does 16oz cans. I couldn't find a small lot of 12oz cans for one batch and didn't have enough beer to do tallboys for everyone...looks like it saved a bit on shipping though, losing the weight of the glass.

For anyone following this thread and wanting to participate in the 2019 edition, I will post the thread a week from today on Wednesday the 19th of December.

One question though...how do I go about copy/pasting past year's introductory first posts while keeping the links within? Such as the link to the Randy Mosher book and the how to package beer thread etc.

For anyone following this thread and wanting to participate in the 2019 edition, I will post the thread a week from today on Wednesday the 19th of December.

One question though...how do I go about copy/pasting past year's introductory first posts while keeping the links within? Such as the link to the Randy Mosher book and the how to package beer thread etc.
If you click reply on the first post and then click the tool in the upper right hand corner "Use BB code editor" to copy the raw code of the post with the links in it. I imagine you can post that raw code in a new thread in a similar manner.

Copy/paste into new thread?

If you want help, just ask.

If you click reply on the first post and then click the tool in the upper right hand corner "Use BB code editor" to copy the raw code of the post with the links in it. I imagine you can post that raw code in a new thread in a similar manner.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

@btbnl I got your package today. FedEx left it at my front gate. Unfortunately, my dogs found it before I did. They must’ve had one hell of a party, because all I could find was a shred of bubble wrap, a few packing peanuts, and a tore up box. I can’t, for the life of me, get them to give me a review of it, so I’ll have to rely on y’all for that.

Dang ... so where did the bottles go?

No idea. I found more scraps of bubble wrap today. I live on 3500 acres and the dogs run free during the day. They could be anywhere. Weird thing is they have never messed with a package until now. Makes me wonder if maybe a bottle broke and they could smell what was inside and went after it.

No idea. I found more scraps of bubble wrap today. I live on 3500 acres and the dogs run free during the day. They could be anywhere. Weird thing is they have never messed with a package until now. Makes me wonder if maybe a bottle broke and they could smell what was inside and went after it.

Did the packing peanuts show any evidence of beer? I'm in DC right now, but I'll get a replacement sent off to you when I get home.

Last edited:
@Scturo Glad you liked it! Sorry my labeling game isn't up to the everyone else's from what I'm seeing. Been kegging for years and this is my first time ever labeling bottles, haha.

I had Pete's Juniper Rye Bock last night for the first time. It was tasty, spicing came out good to my palate... He says he tamed spicing down a bit on a second go.

However, I found the carb was fairly light. Pete had one earlier in the week and thought carb was fine. Maybe I had a bad cap? I don't know, but I intend to keep mine warm for another week or so and see if I can't get a little more conditioning out of it. I would suggest you guys also keep 'em warm for a bit, if you can.

IMG_4815.jpg
@Blackdirt_cowboy, @anotherbeerplease, @Auger, and @mirthfuldragon, your beers arrived safe. Awesome labels all around, but I think Krampus would take first place if this were a design competition. With each package opened I'm like, "oh man, I can't wait to try this one." I need to start getting my drink on - TGIF.

Still waiting on shipments from @fourfarthing (gingerbread), @BigCrazyAl (caramel quad), and @TBC (group 1 saffron triple swap), which I think are all in route.

I haven't heard anything from @zimm9 (Abbey Weizen). Has anyone?

Cheers!

View attachment 602379 @Blackdirt_cowboy, @anotherbeerplease, @Auger, and @mirthfuldragon, your beers arrived safe. Awesome labels all around, but I think Krampus would take first place if this were a design competition. With each package opened I'm like, "oh man, I can't wait to try this one." I need to start getting my drink on - TGIF.

Still waiting on shipments from @fourfarthing (gingerbread), @BigCrazyAl (caramel quad), and @TBC (group 1 saffron triple swap), which I think are all in route.

I haven't heard anything from @zimm9 (Abbey Weizen). Has anyone?

Cheers!
Yes, mine is in transit. 5 boxes will be delivered by the end of the day today (east coast), the remaining show arrival on the 18th.

I haven't seen anything from @Zimm9 since she posted about her labels having trouble sticking.

Well, I got my first casualty from any beer trade I've been a part of. The Gruit/Spiced Dunkel package got delivered to the wrong house, they brought it over today but had no idea how long the box had been sitting there. One of the Gruits had broken and soaked through the box. No worries, was bound to happen eventually.

Well, I got my first casualty from any beer trade I've been a part of. The Gruit/Spiced Dunkel package got delivered to the wrong house, they brought it over today but had no idea how long the box had been sitting there. One of the Gruits had broken and soaked through the box. No worries, was bound to happen eventually.
Did the other 5 beers survive? I'm sorry about this. Please let me know your favorite beer style and I'll forward you a 6er. I have plenty of shipping materials now lol.

Back