12 Beers of Christmas 2017

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Merry Christmas, albeit belated!

Thanks for the kind comments @passedpawn & @JDXX1971 , I am so glad my beer didn't fall on it's face with you!

@TBC , Pete was also flattered by your comments on his beer and label.

I have to say that this has been a great kick. Very proud to be a part of this group. You all have done a great job! Thank you for having us!

@Auger, We had your Christmas Gruit last night. First time I have tried this style too. (well except at a beer fest, but I was pretty buzzed already) My lovely wife and I are very impressed with what you did with it, very good. Thank you very much, looking forward to drinking another tonight.:mug:

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

@dryboroughbrewing this is among the best tripels I've ever had! I'd put you up there with la fin du monde and above. Well done even with the leaky bottle sampled! Recipe requested as you brewed it. Will send a score sheet as soon as I try a fully carbed bottle.

So far your beer is my favorite.

Anyone else experience an odd, infected like, flavor from my beer like @TBC did? It was drinking nice out of the keg and a bottle I had a couple weeks after I bottled it. I'd be pretty bummed out if all of them we off.

Anyone else experience an odd, infected like, flavor from my beer like @TBC did? It was drinking nice out of the keg and a bottle I had a couple weeks after I bottled it. I'd be pretty bummed out if all of them we off.

Yours...is actually the only one I haven't tried yet...

I feel so forgotten...

No not forgotten, I have been meaning to put another one of your Juniper Rye Bocks in the fridge and give it another go. From what I remember the one I had was good, different from anything I ever had, but good. I will go put one in the refer right now and get back to you soon.

No not forgotten, I have been meaning to put another one of your Juniper Rye Bocks in the fridge and give it another go. From what I remember the one I had was good, different from anything I ever had, but good. I will go put one in the refer right now and get back to you soon.

Thanks for the reply. The Juniper gave it an almost Gin kind of flavor I think. Last I had it, it was pretty subtle with nice chocolate undertones.

IMG_1516061788.283808.jpg

Just for you....

I am drinking it right now @jerbrew , I do taste what might have been thought to be an infected flavor, not that I would know. Really though I think it is just the way the spice comes through, I actually dont know what to think about this beer but I drank it so there is that.

And since I'm here, @dryboroughbrewing , I tried the Tripel Ruten Sour last night. I have not liked any sour beer I have tried yet, and I had my wife try it too, we think it was delicious! I don't know enough to describe it properly but I think the style fit for the end product. Was maybee a little too sour for our first enjoying of a sour but my compliments man, that is a killer brew.

And since I'm here, @dryboroughbrewing , I tried the Tripel Ruten Sour last night. I have not liked any sour beer I have tried yet, and I had my wife try it too, we think it was delicious! I don't know enough to describe it properly but I think the style fit for the end product. Was maybee a little too sour for our first enjoying of a sour but my compliments man, that is a killer brew.

@dryboroughbrewing I cracked the Tripel Ruten Sour last night, as I was in the mood for something other than what I had on tap. Freaking delicious! Nice strong tart flavor with nice malt and yeast notes. I wanted something not too heavy after mowing the grass, and this hit the spot perfectly. Very well done.

Back