11 weeks in primary, fermentation restarted?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveTrain

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So my friend brewed some beer with me and it has been in the primary fermenter for 11 weeks now, was hoping to get around to bottling it this week. Anyway, in the past couple of days it has started bubbling again pretty rapidly. I've never left beer in the primary this long before but we just haven't gotten around to bottling it. I'm wondering if I should still bottle it, or if its possible that there's an infection that could lead to bottle bombs.

Has anyone experienced something like this before?

It is likely just dissolved CO2 coming out of solution. There are many potential causes for this including moving the carboy and temperature changes. Likely nothing to worry about.

current gravity is 1.024, I estimate that the FG should be 1.021 based on 1.065 OG and 68% attenuation with the safale-33 yeast. CO2 being released from solution seems possible as temperatures have been fluctuating here, but is 1.024 too far off from the gravity? Ill check again in a couple days but I think its probably good to bottle.

Latest posts

Back