1 BBl (31 gal) conical fermenters

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Reaction score
Hay guys I havent posted in quite some time I have been working on my buisness and in the process I have decited to put together some conicals from toledo metal spinning the hoppers are $308 unless I buy 5 or more then they would be $267 + tax and shipping I have the means in to get them put together as completed units with lids and ball valves and legs everything total I am figuring on with shipping would be about $700. I am not trying to make a cent on them just lowering my cost I am going to build 2 and am looking fo 3 others to go in with me and lower our costs as well. let me know if anyone is interested I am going to make my order on monday the 18th. Even if you just want the hopper and lid without me having them put together thats cool too.
Cheers:mug:
JJ

WBC

Reaction score
I just bought a Blichmann 27 gallon fermentor. Is yours going to be pressureizable? The blichmann is pressureizable because the lid attaches with a band like a pool filter lid has. The 27 gallon will ferment 21 gallons with good headspace. What is the 31 gallon ferment volume?

OP
Jaybird
Reaction score
WBC said:
I just bought a Blichmann 27 gallon fermentor. Is yours going to be pressureizable? The blichmann is pressureizable because the lid attaches with a band like a pool filter lid has. The 27 gallon will ferment 21 gallons with good headspace. What is the 31 gallon ferment volume?
I am just guessing the 31 will ferment 24 gallons. I am not sure if I am going to be able to put much pressure to it but probably some. Hay what did yours cost total with tax and shipping???
JJ

OP
Jaybird
Reaction score
could you send me a picture of the weldless fittings ETC so I can see how they built yours?
Cheers
JJ

OP
Jaybird
Reaction score
well I found out how to do all weldless on these for probably around 500 ea and the order is going in tomorrow for 2 unless someone wants a few dropshiped to there house. its giong to be a piece of cake to get them put together with all hardware store parts (except maybe the 24" gasket that will have to come from Mc Master Carr for 14.00 ) looks like all I need is 2 more takers and they will be even less $$$$$
Cheers
JJ

OP
Jaybird
Reaction score
jvandenbrink said:
jaybird -
i just found this post. i know it is a month later, but are you still up for building these?
if so, i would be interested in possibly 4 of them.

joel
www.twobeersbrewery.com
I really liked your site!! ya the mail has been sent. I have held off for a bit But if you want to get it going lets do it.
JJ

OP
Jaybird
Reaction score
mrkristofo said:
It must say something about my status as a brewer if I'd rather have 3x10gal's rather than 1x31gal fermenter.
naaaa I would just rather have 3x31gallon fermenters BUT thats just me:mug:
JJ

OP
Jaybird
Reaction score
Did you ever build these? I am wondering how the lid worked out? Here is what Yuri did on another thread https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/diy-conical-fermenter-14855/
Ya know I never made one of these. I wanted to get a few brewers to go in and share the cost. Or at the very least keep all costs down. I am looking into the 14.5 gallon ones from the same place. Cost is just a bit cheaper and the build would be the same. I have a very detailed design and the time and will to do them. I just don’t want to do 1 or 2. If I am going to do them. I want to make several and get a few brewers here a GREAT deal on a conical. I mean there not going to be CHEEP but they would be a lot cheaper than anything you can buy out there of the same size.
JJ