“Funkin” Purees?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaveCS

Reaction score
Hi All,

I’m still “new” to all grain and just coming back after 25+ year absence to the hobby - I’m looking at fruit purees (as I’ve read these may be good to add into a secondary) and I’m curious if anyone’s had experience with the “Funkin” brand of purees that are available via Amazon... for example:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B004KQ7PFI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I’m thinking of adding such things to a Saison... any input would be helpful.

Cheers,
Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I would worry about is if it has any preservatives in it, (that one doesn’t) especially if you are bottle conditioning. It may not carbonate if it does.

...and welcome back

Thanks JugDog!

It looks like most of the Funkin purees have only citric acid and/or some minor sugar in them along with the purée itself.

I am bottle conditioning the beer so I would hope it could still carbonate.

Cheers,
Dave

I have been using Oregon Fruit Products. It is listed as Vinters Harvest for homebrew size stuff. It is a very good product.
It's worth a look for you anyways. They have a lot of variety, and seem to be a top notch company.

Ahh... thanks for that Radwizard... I did a search for Oregon purees and was coming up empty - I'm up in the Great White North (Canuckville) so we can't get everything up here but I'm sure I've seen the Vinters Harvest purees online via Amazon.

Cheers,
Dave

Back