Pretty Stephanie models with the new brew pots.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
I picked these pots up at an auction sale at the local Atomic Energy of Canada facility. They're closing down so they didn't need their cafeteria equipment anymore.

7601-April282007002.jpg

7601-April282007004.jpg

7601-April282007005.jpg

7601-April282007007.jpg

Nope, they're aluminum. They're REALLY thick. This pic is a bit blurry, but you can see the thickness. About 3/8".

7601-April292007001.jpg

Good sturdy handles too. I didn't get THAT good a deal, but I think it was worth it. Anybody have any guesses what they're worth or what I may have paid?

7601-April292007003.jpg

100 bucks for all the equipment in the 1st pic would be a good deal assuming they didn't smell too funny...:)

Nice score. Although you had me worried when I saw that they were from Atomic Energy of Canada, and you had a gear oil pail stuck in with the brew equipment... :drunk:

If you got all that for $100 bucks, that would be a real steal. I am betting $150.

Are those 10 gallon pots? They look really nice -- I don't think I have seen them that thick before.

I use that same gauge aluminum for my boil pot as well. I paid 100CDN for mine at a restaurant supply but it is only 40QT. Those I would guess to be 72QT or 80QT. You'll be extremely happy with them as a brew pot, they're very strong and transfer heat amazingly well.

I haven't filled them up yet, but by mathematical calculation they are 29 gallons US. (20 3/4 inches in diameter and 19 7/8 inches high.) I should be able to do 20 gallon boils if the whim should take me.

I got them both for $300. Some guy that wanted them for a corn roast kept bidding me up. In hindsight I should have let him have one and just bid on the other, but I really wanted the pot so I could go all grain. If he won the bid he could have bought both pots and I'd have nothing.

SWMBO looked at me funny but she didn't hit the roof so I think I got away with it. By the way, Stephanie is thin, but she's not small. She stands about 5'8" or so. Those pots are freakin' HUGE. Now I need a burner that can handle it. I have an old one my Dad gave me years ago, but I need to do some work on it to ensure it doesn't leak.

Getting so very close to all grain......

Can't have a proper working sweatshop without them so I picked one up to keep the pots clean. The lid wouldn't fit with her in it so I let the dog into the house to give her somewhere to sleep where she wouldn't get wet. The pots were expensive, but she was a steal at only $2.50 a month.

Fingers said:
Can't have a proper working sweatshop without them so I picked one up to keep the pots clean. The lid wouldn't fit with her in it so I let the dog into the house to give her somewhere to sleep where she wouldn't get wet. The pots were expensive, but she was a steal at only $2.50 a month.

Wow, mine cost me much more than that.

Back