Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing line up! Great offers everyone. I agree with Scturo, maybe shocked into silence or working hard to categorize top pics. [emoji6] it's going to be tough to choose.

Just to clarify a little more about what EcuPirate07 brought up. Its never happened that someone offers up a blue moon in hopes of getting a whale. Even if someone did, I will see the offers before they get posted, so I would be able to recommend a better offer to the player.

No junk donkeys in this thread!

:mug:

Wow!!!!! This is why I joined, those are some really nice offers. I am in on the next one too, found something I gotta share.

That is Southern Prohibition The Unnamed, it is a Bourbon barrel aged strong ale.

Just for clarification.

I wish I knew that! Now I have to redo my list! But seriously, I just ranked mine. @Scturo I just received a bunch of Modern Times in the LOT thread and I'm actually drinking the bright rustic saison now and they are all excellent.

It's a great brewery. So many solid beers. don't know how far is their distribution. Glad you're getting to enjoy some.

When are you running the randomizer for the pecking order?:D

Sunday at 4pm ET is when we run the names. I've asked a couple of people not in the raffle if they would run the names. Just trying to keep it fair.

Just so everyone knows the Jackie O's is not barrel aged. It is a Russian imperial stout would hate for someone to think they are getting a barrel aged and be disappointed. It is still a great beer.

I did my list and PM'ed it......it was hard. Passed on some awesome ones as my top picks just cause I wanna try new brews. :rockin:

+1

The Pliny/Pig combo didn't even make my top 7. My top 3 were easy, but after that it got crazy hard.

Just so everyone knows the Jackie O's is not barrel aged. It is a Russian imperial stout would hate for someone to think they are getting a barrel aged and be disappointed. It is still a great beer.

My bad, Fixed

Here again are the offers,

tjosborne's Offer:
Toppling Goiiath's PsuedoSue APA and a Sierra Nevada snifter.

PseudoSue APA

RevKev's Offer:
Resurgence IPA, 12 Gates West Coast IPA, Big Ditch Hayburner IPA, and a Resurgence Brewing 20oz glass.

Resurgence IPA
12 Gates WC IPA
Big Ditch Hayburner

TBC's Offer:
Victory's V-12 Belgian Strong Ale, HB I Must Break You (RIS), and a Pizza Boy Weizen Glass

Victory V-12

EcuPirate07's Offer: Taken by afro_lou
Highland Brewing Cold Mountain Winter Ale, Wicked Weed Juiceless IPA, and a Wicked Weed Snifter

Cold Mountain Winter Ale
Juiceless

Scturo's Offer: Taken by point city-homebrew
The Bruery's Share This Coffee Imperial Stout, Modern Times' Blazing World IPA, and a Pliny the Younger beer Mug..

Share This Coffee
Blazing World

JDXX1971's Offer:
North Coast's Red Seal Ale (2 Bottles), a North Coast Pint glass, a brewery magnet, postcard, and sticker.

Red Seal Ale

Nickbtag's Offer: Taken by JDXX1971
Blue Mountain's Dark Hollow Imperial Stout, Parkway's Raven's Roost Porter, HB Belgian Quad, and a Terrapin pint glass.

Dark Hollow
Raven's Roost Porter

b-boy's Offer:
Ommegang's Game of Thrones #7 - Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale, and a Punk Bock Pint glass.
"Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale is the latest beer in the series and pays homage to Arya’s season-long struggles within and around the House of Black and White.

Valar Dohaeris Tripel Ale is, much like a “faceless man,” not what it first appears to be; it shares the complexity of its sister-brew, Valar Morghulis Dubbel, and a strength masked and belied by its lighter color"

Valar Dohaeris #7

nickfern's Offer:
Victory's Old Horizontal '13 Barelywine Ale, Yard's Rival IPA, Kane Head high IPA, and a Flying Fish "What Exit" Snifter.

Old Horizontal
Head High IPA
Rival IPA

gromitdj's Offer:
Cismontane's Flemmish Style Red Ale bomber, Bootlegger's Palomino Pale Ale, a Cismontane pint glass and coaster.

Flemmish Red
Palomino Pale Ale

afro_lou's Offer:
Pliny the Elder pint, Blind Pig pint, and a Russian River Tulip

Pliny the Elder
Blind Pig

Thorrak's Offer: Taken by gromitdj
The Alchemist's Crusher, Finback's Procrastination (IPA w/coffee), a Finback snifter and a couple of stickers.

Alchemist Crusher
Procrastination IPA

pointcity-homebrew's Offer: Taken by Thorrak
Yalobusha's Coffee Break Happy Hour Porter, So Pro's The Unnamed Bourbon Barrel Aged Strongale, So Pro's Devil's Harvest APA, and a Crooked Letter Pint glass.

Coffee Break Happy Hour
The Unnamed
Devil's Harvest

imasickboy's Offer:
Troegs' Master of Pumpkins Pumpkin Ale, LaGrave Tripel Ale, Flying Mouflan Oak Barrel Aged Barelywine, Jovial Dubbel Ale, and a Troegs Pint glass

Master of Pumpkin
LaGrave
Flying Mouflan
Jovial

Bigfish713's Offer: Taken by imasickboy
Jackie O's Dark Apparition RIS, Three Floyd's Zombie Dust PA, and a Jackie O's Pint glass.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/jackie-os-dark-apparition/103156/
Zombie Dust

Great opening round of The Fellowship. Hopefully this takes off and becomes a regular on HBT.

Always interesting to see how everyone ranks based on preference, what they've had, etc.

Welcome everyone, it's Raffle Time! :ban:

Time to draw the names for HBT's Fellowship of the Drink's first Raffle. Once again, great job everyone for getting such good offers in. This is an all-star line up of offers, and it's always interesting to see the differences in picking preferences. I knew people would go above and beyond with their offers, this is why I tried my best to make sure that everything is run fairly.

In the interest of fairness, I tried to find someone not directly involved in the raffle, to draw the names. Luckily, Slym2none was nice enough to volunteer to handle the drawing of the names. Slym and I have participated together in several of these raffles, and in fact, Slym organized, and hosted the very first FOTD raffle. So he understands that these raffles only work if things are run fairly. So unless something has come up, he should be along to draw the names.

Once again, here are the names of the players participating in the raffle.

1. Scturo
2. b-boy
3. TBC
4. EcuPirate07
5. imasickboy
6. Nickbtag
7. tjosborne
8. nickfern
9. RevKev
10. gromitdj
11. JDXX1971
12. afro_lou
13. pointcity-homebrew
14. Thorrak
15. Bigfish713

Once the picking order is revealed, the first player will be officially put on the clock. And they will have 60 mins to make their selection. And we will move on down the list until all selections have been made. I have only a few lists in hand, so there should be a few live selections, I'm hoping anyways. So here we go folks,

Are you there Slym?

Slym is online, we also have Yooper ready just in case

If neither shows up by 4:25, I'll just run the names myself. Sorry, hopefully everyone is okay with that?

Back