Fellowship of the Drink Trading Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard!

Current List

1. Scturo

2. b-boy

3. aeviaanah

4. TBC

5. Roland_deschain

6. EcuPirate07

7. imasickboy

8. Nickbtag

9. tjosborne

10. nickfern

11. RevKev

12. gromitdj

13. JDXX1971

Welcome Homebrewers to HBT's 1st Fellowship of the Drink's Craft Beer Raffle!

Since we have enough players, we can get on with the raffle Intro. Here again are the basics of the game. Pick a glass and a craft beer to offer for the raffle. Take a picture and PM it to me by Oct 28th. Your offer can be local beer, name beers, Homebrew, or a combination. If you are offering up HB as part of your offer, please include the style of beer, and I will add it when I post the offers. We will give everyone a week to get their pics to me. If people need extra time, thats ok, just let me know.

Once everyone has their offers in, I will reveal all of the offers at once. Everyone will have a couple of days to rank their choices. On Oct 30th, We will place everyones name in an online random selector, and reveal the picking order. Then you can either pick live, or you can send me ranked list of your choices, and we can go by that. You can send me your list in case you can't pick live. Even if you plan to pick live. It may be a good idea to send me your list just in case. You can always change your pick if you pick live.

Oct 30th at 4pm ET will be the time we hold the raffle. At that time the raffle picking order will be done. And the first pick will be in the clock. Once the first is done we move on until all offers have been selected. The time of the raffle is subject to change in case anyone would like a different time. Once a player is on the clock, they will have 60 mins to make their selection. If a player sends me a list, and is not present to pick live, I will pick the highest available section from their list. If a player is not present, and does not have a list in after 60 mins, we would move on to the next person. If a player misses their pick, they would get the next pick as soon as they show up.

Here are the Players in the order that they confirmed. On the day of the raffle, I will enter them as shown into a computer random selection program, and I will post the results.

1. Scturo
2. b-boy
3. aeviaanah
4. TBC
5. Roland_deschain
6. EcuPirate07
7. imasickboy
8. Nickbtag
9. tjosborne
10. nickfern
11. RevKev
12. gromitdj
13. JDXX1971

So gets those offers in folks, happy hunting.

@scturo I know there isn't really a price point but should there be some kind of example of where we should fall on the cost of the commercial brews? Since no one knows up front what's offered, I'm sure we all have an idea of where to be but just saying someone could offer a Whale while another offers a blue moon for example :D. Maybe give examples of what you have seen offered in the past.

Your right, this is a first time for this forum. We've had offers of a 30oz Lagunitas IPA and a superhero pint glass, I offered a bomber of a good local beer ($7) and a brewery pint glass. We've had a 12 oz bottle of backwoods Bastard and a pint glass. These are the usual offers, we've also had an offer for a Pernicious IPA and a HB with a pint glass. We've had a Pliny once, and growler of Loval brew, and even a sixer of local brew.

I wouldn't spend a lot, but some people are generous. Just remember it's a raffle, and you may not get the whale if one is offered.And absolutely no Blue Moon is allowed :D

Just to clarify a little more about what EcuPirate07 brought up. Its never happened that someone offers up a blue moon in hopes of getting a whale. Even if someone did, I will see the offers before they get posted, so I would be able to recommend a better offer to the player.

For anyone else who wants to play. There is still time to get added to the list. Just send me a pic of your offer, and we will sign you up!

I'm curious to see how this goes. I'll have to keep an eye out for local breweries offering glassware and I'm interested to see how the trade goes. At first I thought it was everyone lists a beer local to them the beers go on a list of 14 and everyone gets a number 1-14. Now it's starting to sound like a fantasy football trade/draft.

I'm curious to see how this goes. I'll have to keep an eye out for local breweries offering glassware and I'm interested to see how the trade goes. At first I thought it was everyone lists a beer local to them the beers go on a list of 14 and everyone gets a number 1-14. Now it's starting to sound like a fantasy football trade/draft.

Waiting to see what people offer is part of the fun. The offers so far have all been solid. In the last raffle I did, the top 4 people got their first choice.

Seven offers are in!

My offer won't come until later this week. I already know what I'll be offering, but until I make the trip to the brewery, I won't have it in hand.

Just checking in, so you know I'm still committed. :mug:

My offer won't come until later this week. I already know what I'll be offering, but until I make the trip to the brewery, I won't have it in hand.

Just checking in, so you know I'm still committed. :mug:

No worries, HBers are a patience bunch, :tank:

Should we let this new guy in?

Maybe for a bomber.

Only if he knows the super secret handshake :D

It's up to OP, with a huge post count of 1 I would say his offer would have to be confirmed received before his pick was shipped. Just my 2 cents, but again not my decision.

It's up to OP, with a huge post count of 1 I would say his offer would have to be confirmed received before his pick was shipped. Just my 2 cents, but again not my decision.[/QUOTE]

I'm a little cautious about letting shils (ghosts) into the raffle. I don't want anybody having to go through hassles. It could be someone who really wants to play, or someone who wants to mess things up. I say pass.

I'm a little cautious about letting shils (ghosts) into the raffle. I don't want anybody having to go through hassles. It could be someone who really wants to play, or someone who wants to mess things up. I say pass.

Oh come on man, everyone starts somewhere. Think of it as an honor to be a part of my introduction to the fellowship of the drink.

Oh come on man, everyone starts somewhere.

I'm with @Scturo. It's not that we don't trust you, but there is some level of earning your lumps that is to be respected. Believe me, when I joined this site I was a lurker for a few years. Hang out in a couple of areas and you can get your post count up real quick. Then come back for the next one. We'll be glad to have you.

I think gromitdj is right that he can go the next time around. It's good that aeviaanah knows him, but he hasn't been an active member of this forum. This game is only for active members of this forum.

Hey guys, sorry for the comm silence. I should be going by the bottle shop today and submitting my offer. Sorry for the delay!

Back