Possible Contamination (Bodily Fluids!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Husher

Reaction score
Ok, hopefully I got some attention with that title.

Basically I was aerating my wort by pouring from a bottling bucket into the primary, and I didn't notice I was getting warm. One single drop of sweat rolled suddenly off my forehead into the primary just as it was 80% full.

Did I just waste 2 hours of my life?

Not sure it matters, but if you're interested, it was a blackrock canned malt kit, with added dextrose, and LME (boiled).

So will this thing survive? or will it just taste like my wild yeast (ick). Right now that's the best I'm hoping for. Please tell me I'm wrong.

It might morph into something that will feed off small animals and children, I would be pretty careful around it.

....oh, and make sure you're wearing long pants....eek.

IFMracin is right. I would dump it now. If you think the two hours of time was a waste, just think how much time you will have to spend talking to government agents about all of the missing children.

IFMracin is right. I would dump it now. If you think the two hours of time was a waste, just think how much time you will have to spend talking to government agents about all of the missing children.

Wow that was incredibly helpful. I'm going to go with El Horno's advice. Love that handle BTW. Wish I'd thought of it. Cheers.

Relax, Husher. It'll be all right. Beer is much more resilient than you may think. Sometimes it seems that you almost have to try to mess it up.

Worst thing to happen is it will be your best beer ever and you'll go around dropping sweat into all your beers from here in out.

Could make for some great beer names though.

Two Stones Dew
Mansack Ale

Don't they have a goat scrotum ale already? I like the way you're thinking. Thing is, I have a hard enough time convincing my friends I'm not brewing poison as it is. If I outwardly call it 'nut brown nut sack ale', well, then I think I might have to drink all my own stock. Hmmm....nut sack....<Insert maniacal laughter here>

ShelALEleigh stew brew...
Given enough time, this thread would never end.

Back