Wil Wheaton is a homebrewer and reads HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhineinAlbany

Reaction score
I just joined Google+ last week and noticed that it recommended adding Wil Wheaton to my circle. Confused, I added him and found out he's a homebrewer and covers quite a few of his brews in his posts. He also links to HBT on his website, http://wilwheaton.typepad.com/

Okay, I admit I was fangirl of his when I was a kid (Stand By Me is one of my favorite films), and now it's coming back knowing he's a homebrewer. I think I'll start watching ST:NG on Netflix now . . . <3

Looks like I'm going to have to change my name to "DieWilWheatonDie"

Awesome I don't know who he is either

God kills a kitten every time someone doesn't know who Wil Wheaton is. Of course, it's "God" from Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. . . okay, I've just taken my nerd-dom to a whole new level :cross:

I don't know about anything like Star Trek movies, but Stand By Me is THE coming of age movie to see and it's wonderful. It's been a long, long time since I've seen it, but I remember loving it and then watching it again.

PS- I had to google his name, too, but then remembered "Stand by Me" and pictured him right away!

He was the main reason I stopped watching STTHNG after the first or second episode, I really wish the annoying kid tv-trope would just die.

Sorry Wil, if you're reading, but I thought I read somewhere that even you hated the Wesley Crusher character.

You were sorta like the Jar Jar Binks of the Star Trek universe. ;)

www.watchtheguild.com

Comedy web series about a guild of MMORPG (Warcraft, but they can't say that) gamers and their dysfunctional lives. It was created by Felicia Day, who also starred Dr. Horrible with Neil Patrick Harris and Nathan Fillion.

I'm a huge fan of Wheaton's cameos in The Big Bang Theory. I hope they bring him back this season.

I hate to gush, but awesome.

I watch/ed a lot of TNG.

All these TV stars on HBT! I say it's high time for Wil Wheaton and Ben Starr to team up and brew something epic.

All these TV stars on HBT! I say it's high time for Wil Wheaton and Ben Starr to team up and brew something epic.

I was once on the Bozo the Clown TV show. I was "cubscout playing pass the bomb #2."

bozo-the-clown.jpg

For pete's sake, doesn't ANYONE remember Wil for his role on The Guild???

Heck yeah!

To go one step geekier - the D&D games (for folks into that sort of thing) he recorded with the guys from Penny Arcade were great also.

And one step less geeky, his recurring role on Leverage is always fun - though I don't really remember if they left things open enough for it to recur again, or if that door's been closed...

he's the reason i couldn't get into tng (well, him and worf's little whiney brat). anyway, wil, here's to ya : DIE WESLEY DIE!!!!!!!!

Still better than "Boldly Staying where Man Has Stayed Before" DS9...

It wasn't my favorite ST series, but I would also like to state that I would server under Captain Janeway any day!

Being a young kid at the time STNG was airing I was a fan of Wesley Crusher in Star Trek. Its cool to see Will has moved WAY beyond that role though. I also saw him on Google+ a while back when he first mentioned homebrewing on there he also mentioned making dog treats with the leftover grains. That was a dead giveaway that he reads here.

Still better than "Boldly Staying where Man Has Stayed Before" DS9...

It wasn't my favorite ST series, but I would also like to state that I would server under Captain Janeway any day!

Seriously, DS9 was "meh." TNG was my Genesis (the book, not the awful movie) but I really grew up watching Voyager seeing as I was 10 in 1995 when it premiered.

I know it's heresy but Voyager is my favorite series by far and I've recently confirmed that seeing as I've been watching all the ST series in chronological order over the last few months (I love you, Netflix on XBOX.) TOS is cheesy-awesome, TNG was the best at looking at the human-character and exploring morals and ethics, DS9 is meh, Voyager is similar to TNG but without the corny 80's writing, and Enterprise is also a meh. And I had high hopes for Enterprise... it premiered on my birthday....

I'm an Onion nerd more than a Star Trek nerd, but he used to write a hilarious thing in The Onion called "Games of Our Lives" where he'd review/rip on old video games.

Reno_eNVy said:
Seriously, DS9 was "meh." TNG was my Genesis (the book, not the awful movie) but I really grew up watching Voyager seeing as I was 10 in 1995 when it premiered.

I know it's heresy but Voyager is my favorite series by far and I've recently confirmed that seeing as I've been watching all the ST series in chronological order over the last few months (I love you, Netflix on XBOX.) TOS is cheesy-awesome, TNG was the best at looking at the human-character and exploring morals and ethics, DS9 is meh, Voyager is similar to TNG but without the corny 80's writing, and Enterprise is also a meh. And I had high hopes for Enterprise... it premiered on my birthday....

Yes! More Voyager fans! I used to watch voyager late night as a teenager to put myself to sleep... Didn't work. But as soon as DS9 was on I was out like a light.

I personally love Wil's cameos on Big Bang theory, they are the best! Anything that makes Sheldon squirm!

Back