Help me name this Blonde Ale recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

douglasbarbin

Reaction score
Not sure where to put this, but the Recipes forum seemed as good as any. Anyways, some background info: I brewed this today, on my girlfriend's birthday. She's blonde (like the ale), and of German descent (like Hallertau) and Irish descent (like the moss). So I figured I would name this recipe after her. If it matters, her name is Cassie. More embarrassingly, my pet name for her is "Cupcake". Feel free to incorporate either of those into whatever name you might suggest for this brew.
I can't believe I just told you guys that. Might have had a few too many homebrews. Anyways, the recipe is listed below.

• 2.5 lb. 2-Row Malt (mash @ 155º for 45 mins, sparge @ 170º for 10 mins.)
• 0.5 lb. Vienna Malt (mash @ 155º for 45 mins, sparge @ 170º for 10 mins.)
• 5.0 lb. Extra Pale LME (gradual late addition, 30-45 minutes into boil)
• 1.0 oz. Cascade pellet hops (60 mins.)
• 0.5 oz. Hallertau pellet hops (15 min.)
• 0.5 oz. Crystal pellet hops (15 min.)
• 1.0 tsp. Irish Moss (15 min.)
• 0.75 oz. Williamette pellet hops (5 min.)
• 1 packet Danstar Nottingham yeast (pitched onto yeast cake from previous batch)

OG was somewhere around 1.050. FG is expected to be 1.013, so I expect this brew to come in just a hair under 5% ABV.

This was my first 5-gallon batch, first time brewing outside, first time using the propane burner, first 100% full boil, and my 3rd mini-mash. It will also be the first batch I keg. Needless to say, I have high expectations for this brew. It's actually already vigorously fermenting, maybe 2-3 hours after I pitched onto the yeast cake. I know that it's generally bad form to pitch onto a whole yeast cake, but since the cake was from a 2.5 gallon batch, I figured that pitching a 5 gallon batch onto it wouldn't be a problem.

So I've got everything figured out for this batch, except the name. I have a few ideas in mind, but I thought I'd give some of the more creative minds at HBT a chance to chime in and offer some suggestions. Ideas?

Dry hop w/ 1 oz of cascade

Cassie-cade blonde ale

or sassy cassie's blonde ale

Hmmm...I like "Sassy Cassie's Blonde Ale" because I am constantly telling her how sassy she is.

I'm thinking something along the lines of "Sassy Cassie's Cupcake Blonde Ale"...kinda catchy if you ask me...haha

Back