Awesome Thermapen Deal from kingarthurflour.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesanch

Reaction score
I just put in my order for a Thermapen from kingarthurflour.com. They have an awesome deal going, IMO. The only problem is that you can't choose the color.

• 10% off using Code:C9HP2
    valid through 1/31/2010 (found on retailmenot.com):
  • Free shipping
  • Free Scone Mix ($6.95 value)

Total came out to $86.35. Hard to beat that deal.

Here's the link, for those of you interested:
http://www.kingarthurflour.com/shop/items/thermapen-digital-thermometer-white

Buy the wall mounted holder:
newthermapen_wallbracket.jpg

tell that to the last five thermos in the last year :D I don't know what I do with them, they just up and run off after I open them from their package.

I've been using the hell out of mine since I got it a month ago. BBQ, stovetop cooking, mead, ambient room temperature..... Still have yet to use it on a batch of beer though. :D

Previously I was so anxious about temperatures, I had (no kidding) three different thermometers to measure my temperatures in the mash tun. I just couldn't rely on them even though they were digital. Turns out one of them is off by 10 degrees F. But I'm putting them all away in favor of my Thermapen.

Mine just came in. Got a red one. I did a quick test with it and it's FAST! I can't wait to use it for brewing. Sigh, I'm trying to find a keg to convert or a nice 15g kettle for not too much.

The Thermapen is fantastic. So much easier to use to get an accurate reading of the wort temp when chilling. One of the better beer-related equipment investments that I have made (given the discount that KA Flour was offering). Montanaandy

I just ordered one too. I always use two digital thermometers during my mash and they never give the same reading. Now I'll won't have to worry anymore. Thanks for the heads up on the discount!

I just got a new one about a month ago. I LOVE the fact that they're splashproof now. My old one died from getting wet too many times.

for those that have them. Is the thing that the probe rotates on a little loose? mine kinda wiggles 1/8 - 1/4 of an inch left and right.

I just made the scones... they are delicious! This makes the deal that much sweeter. heh

well, crap. I finally bit the bullet and did it. :) Been through several cheap thermos already and the variance is mind-numbing. Hopefully this simplifies my life!

Randar -

Worth every penny.
Keep it in the kitchen, you'll be amazed how handy it is.

jason

To all who just purchased Thermapens, The blue colored ones are the fastest and most accurate. I have two blue thermapens, one for brewing and one for BBQ. The blue ones are the best, no doubt. ;):p:D

Latest posts

Back