You're no longer a n00b when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
346) when u and your brew buddy make up a dance called the "hops dance" to help pass the time during the boil

347... The Co you work for gives you 3 days off without pay for violating repeatedly their "No Alcohol on Co Premises" due to everyone asking for samples of your home brew.. and you aren't upset as it gives you 3 days to brew more batches for your friends to sample...=)

347... The Co you work for gives you 3 days off without pay for violating repeatedly their "No Alcohol on Co Premises" due to everyone asking for samples of your home brew.. and you aren't upset as it gives you 3 days to brew more batches for your friends to sample...=)

Bing Bing Bing!!! We have a winner!!!

applause.gif

I heard this somewhere else
113. When you hear of some woman having a yeast infection, you ask ¨what was she brewing?¨

#348 - You know when making a pepper beer that its a good idea to wash your hands after chopping up the peppers. Taking a piss w/o washing the hands will burn your pecker.
:cross:

349. When dropping your son off at daycare you find pieces of hop pellets stuck to his T-shirt.
350. When you understand that a stovetop partial mash does not involve beating half of your stove with a baseball bat.

355. You don't remember brewing it... but there is a healthy happy bubbling carboy greeting you from your closet in the morning.

This isn't mine, but I think it sums it up nicely...

The nice thing is to get to a point in your pipeline where you are glancing through your BeerSmith brew log and realize that you have a beer that you have not even tried yet and it has been in bottle over 6 weeks. This happened to me this weekend. The beer was farging delicious.

357: You look at your 4 liter starter after it's done fermenting...you notice a damn dead fruit fly floating around in there...and your response is "meh...hope he enjoyed it".

I think this list should be turned into a drinking game! Oh man... after typing that, it just sounds like a bad/good idea...

346) when u and your brew buddy make up a dance called the "hops dance" to help pass the time during the boil

2 dudes and a dance?.... on a brew day? .... go to the back of the line noob! ;)

(I'm all for celebrating however you wish... go ahead and dance if you want.... just might want to think about vocalizing it - especially if you're admitting to dancing with another dude)... but then again, if you were druk... all is good... it happens :D

Set aside a 6er for the the kid too, when he/she turns 21. Who knows how that one will turn out. :drunk:

Would be a neat experiment though!

HA! I'll let her try it at 16 or so. Probably turn her off of beer forever tho, drinking a 16 year old Hefe! Told SWMBO I'd have to make her another batch. Unfortunately everything went wrong on brew day. So, of course it'll be fantastic and I'll never be able to reproduce it :D

359. You bring your friend a pint and say "I'm sorry if I gave you too much head" and think that it's a very serious matter indeed.

360. When you are the only one at the table who can taste an off flavor in your beer.
361. A 5 gal batch, once ready, dosen't last more than a week in your house.

Also guys dancing around beer is perfectly fine. Ever heard of a rain dance? A hop dance is the same concept, dancing for good utilization and superior aroma. Or how about an stupid ole Irish Jig in the middle of a store.

362. When your wife asks you at the beginning of each month: "Are we putting in to the IRA this month, or are you going to buy those conicals?"

367. When SWMBO buys you an 80$ designer polo and the carboy wears it before you do.
368. When James Spencer (Basic Brewing) interviews you.

369. When you have 10 gallons of beer in the fridge and panic because you're getting low.

370. When you walk around with a pint of your latest IPA and tell your kids, "Take a sniff and tell me what you smell..."

371. And they don't answer, "Beer."

Back