You know what I hate?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People that take themselves too seriously and can't have a discussion about an important issue without getting really pissed.

People that can have a serious discussion about important issues but their view of the world is so far off that it makes it impossible. (conspiracy theorists)

Obnoxious cell-phone users. Checkout lanes, elevators and carpools are not appropriate places to have personal conversations- nothing is that urgent that you can't excuse yourself from the call and continue it in the privacy of your vehicle or office.

Colleagues who have absolutely nothing to talk about in a social atmosphere except work.

Incompetence in conducting a conference call when 90% of the participants aren't in the friggin' room.

Supposed customer service folks who chew gum, talk on the phone, make you feel as if you're impinging on their time or generally just act like *****enozzles to your face.

Folks who want to talk to me about sports all the time. It's what I do for a living, but believe it or not I am able to carry on an intelligent conversation about a wide range of things.

Bad coffee (not the HBT member, actual bad coffee).

EWWW! I had a guy come into the bathroom, sit down in the stale next to me, drop a deuce, then got up (not sure if he wiped?), flushed and just walked out...

I immediately yanked the spray lysol and sprayed down everything in the bathroom... I'm a germ-freak like that...

I avoided and did not shake this dude's hand.

People that think they know more than you do about a topic (even when you have 2 freaking degrees in it) and they proceed to lecture to you about said topic, getting all manner of concepts wrong.

Mothers that think the sun shines out of their dip**** kid's ass. I just watched your kid try to set my cat's tail on fire, go tell someone else he's "so sweet."

Blonde (I'm a brunette, I naturally hate blondes) young women (~18-26) who sit near me on the commuter train and "Oh my God, Becky!" for 45 minutes on their hot-pink cell phones while wearing fuzzy boots and stretch pants (barf!).

That guy that you hang out with that has 2 Rolling Rocks and starts the hi-fiving and "Dude, I'm so drunk!" by 8:30 pm. Oh, and of course if you give him a sip of IPA, he will accordingly wrinkle up his face and say it tastes terrible.:rolleyes:

That guy that you hang out with that has 2 Rolling Rocks and starts the hi-fiving and "Dude, I'm so drunk!" by 8:30 pm. Oh, and of course if you give him a sip of IPA, he will accordingly wrinkle up his face and say it tastes terrible.:rolleyes:
You can't throw that out there without telling the accompanying story.:D

I hate people who call it the "Macy's Day Parade" instead of the "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade."

I don't recall the federal government granting Macy's a special holiday...

You can't throw that out there without telling the accompanying story.:D

Let's just say I had to help prop him up against a lightpole later that night, and got to watch him decorate the snow-covered sidewalk. :drunk: At least he wasn't expelling good beer. :D And he had my pity, because he was going to be in some deep poop when he went home to his old lady (literally - she's 21 years older than him).

Ahhh youth!

Anyone ever saying "Dude, I'm so druck". I find that extremely annoying.

I hate it when I'm fixing myself a snack or maybe getting some wings or something for carryout and I ask SWMBO, "Can I make/get you something?", and she says "no, I don't want anything"...and then she proceeds to eat half of the stuff I made/got for me.

I've learned, and now routinely make/get twice what I really want, but still. If you want something, just say so.

And olives. I hate olives.

When SWMBO replies 'I don't care' when I ask what she wants for dinner, then proceeds to turn her nose up at or veto every suggestion I offer.

But it could be worse. MUCH worse.

I hate people that get food at restaurants and salt it before they taste it...."Oh, I know it will need salt." No you don't! And they wonder why their blood pressure is high.
Believe it or not. My sister-in-law who is in her mid 50s salts food before tasting it. She even salts potato chips, I swear this is true. I saw her over the holidays and she still claims she doesn't even come close to having high blood pressure.

Ok, and now my hates:

Hold up, I'm thinking.

I am working on it, leave me the ***k alone for a minute.

I really hate being pressured for a instant answer.

I will get back with you all later when I think of something....

You know what I hate? People who seem to not know that urine is sterile, and that me taking a piss is no different than me scratching my arm. Yet, I don't see anyone complaining that I don't wash my hands every time I scratch my arm. Oh, yeah, you may say that me touching my junk gets stuff on my hands, but that's nonsense unless I never shower, which is false. And anyway, even if I were to wash my hands every time I pissed, I'd pick up a bunch of nasty germs from the door handle on the way out of the bathroom anyway. Poo, that's another matter, what with fecal coliforms and all. But getting your panties in a bunch because I don't wash my hands after peeing just shows ignorance. There's an assload of nasty germs on your keyboard, it's pretty much the worst collector of germs you come into contact with regularly...but do you wash your hands every time you get up from your computer? My guess is no. So STFU.

When SWMBO replies 'I don't care' when I ask what she wants for dinner, then proceeds to turn her nose up at or veto every suggestion I offer.

LMAO! I feel your pain, my friend. I know it all too well.

YooperBrew said:
I hate people who don't drink. I don't trust them.

Neither did John Wayne, and more true words were never spoken. When the ********* who built my house first told me he didn't drink, I should've known then he was going to be a problem. :mad:

Things that I hate:
  • The lying ********* that built my house
  • Bad, discourteous driving: aggressiveness, tailgating, etc. Your lack of planning doesn't constitute an emergency on my part. The world doesn't revolve around you, get over it.
  • People who use bullets to unnecessarily annotate a simple list
  • Lack of manners
  • Parking in the fire lane. There's a reason why the store paid the paving company to paint lines in the parking lot and there's a reason why everyone else is parked there. Your fat, selfish ass could probably use some exercise anyway.
  • Reality TV
  • Nursing homes
  • My holier-than-thou neighbors. Really. I hate 'em. :mad: :p
  • Pennsylvania beer laws. WTF?!
  • People who don't have kids that criticize parents. Unless you have 'em, you don't have the first clue about raising them.
And that's the short version. :D

I hate ...

- stupidity in all of its various forms
- people that can't CLOSE THEIR bless!NG MOUTH WHEN THEY ARE CHEWING, [rant] if you're 4 years old, then ok, you're still learning, but come the bless on, you're 30 fvckin' years old, ya retarded *****enugget with cheese!!!! [/rant]
- people that insist that they NEED a calculator for basic math
- people that say "Why read the book? I just saw the movie."
- people that insist that they are right even though you've provided proof/witnesses to the fact
- Beyoncè, over-hyped in my opinion. Which is it b!tch? Want me to pay your bills, bills, bills or are you an independent woman
- Oprah, I'd swear that I read that she was the anti-christ (ok, I can't back that up, totally false ... still hate her though)
- man-haters
- woman-haters
- child abusers
- spousal abusers
- thugs
- wanna-be thugs
- INTOLERANCE

Holy crap! I guess there were a few things I needed to get out in the open. :D I'm sure I'll be back later.

Mustard. I hate mustard...the sight of it makes me gag....it's that yellow color...

poster_mustard.jpg

Gum snappers.

Piss-poor grammar and punctuation in emails (especially work emails). Nay, EVERYWHERE- including forums. If you can't be arsed to write in complete sentences without a scintilla of regard for punctuation and conventions of the written word, what makes you think I want to give myself a migraine trying to deconstruct your lazy English?

Toilet loaded the wrong. frigging. way. Over the top, people. Not rocket science. :D

SWMBO's hair in the drain. Sweet Jesus that makes me batty. And toothpaste left in the sink.

Blonde (I'm a brunette, I naturally hate blondes) young women (~18-26) who sit near me on the commuter train and "Oh my God, Becky!" for 45 minutes on their hot-pink cell phones while wearing fuzzy boots and stretch pants (barf!).

i'm just gonna go ahead and take this one step further.

i hate blondes AND i hate pink. i don't really like becky, either.

This I have no sympathy for you. I normally drive slowly but at least the speed limit but I'm not going to change my driving habits just because you got behind me. Just my thoughts.

Figures ... FWBS always do this kind of stuff.

You know what I don't hate? I don't hate that Wisconsin is Illinois personal vacation spot. It's like Illinois lite (only its definitely not light).

Oh, and I hate the Packers. :D

People who insist on holding a cell phone conversation while "Taking the Browns to the Super Bowl".

Oh, and the bastardized word "supposably".

Piss-poor grammar and punctuation in emails (especially work emails). Nay, EVERYWHERE- including forums. If you can't be arsed to write in complete sentences without a scintilla of regard for punctuation and conventions of the written word, what makes you think I want to give myself a migraine trying to deconstruct your lazy English?
I think I love you.:D

I hate hair spray.

I hate when the Starbucks clerk looks at me like I'm uncouth because I simply asked for a large coffee.

Oh, and the bastardized word "supposably".

YES!

I also hate when people use the word weary when they mean to use wary or leery. It's like they've combined it, and I hear this often, from supposedly educated people. "I'm weary of using that expert, I'm not sure if she's most appropriate for this topic." UGH.

Oh, and I don't "hate" this per se, but it bugs me when people say "acrossed" and "heighth." Those are not proper English.

- people that think a "blinged" out '76 Toyota Cressida is pimpin' (yes, I intentionally left off the 'g')
- haters of living room furniture placed on the front porch (for you, Shecky ;))
- Hummer owners (you live in *insert city here* ... YOU DON'T NEED A FVCKING HUMMER)
- people that put "rumble" mufflers on 15 year old wrecks and then want to act like they're "cool" just like the guys on Fast and the Furious
- people that insist that their wants are in fact needs (you don't need a $300 purse, you don't need to get the new Jordans every time they come out)
- people that won't SHUT THE bless UP during a movie
- movies that ended up being wastes of my money and time (Journey to the Center of the Earth)
- movies based on books/comic books/video games that are horrible
- Twilight, the movie not the book, I fully intend to read the book, SWMBO said book series is a page turner
- Smallville series on WB
- David Carr
- Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana
- Disney, they still do quality stuff, just no where near as often as they used to
- marketing campaigns that use children to get adults to buy **** for said children (this can also be filed under 'wants that are NOT needs')
- people that say "like" every five words

Holy feck. Maybe I should change name to Angry_Bob. I need to go visit Revvy's puppy cam thread. Aaaahhhh. Anger fading ... fading ... RISING ... fading ... ... gone.

Oh, and I hate the Packers. :D

The Bears still suck, FIB.

I hate all opposing sports teams. Don't we all.

Coming home from work and SWMBO saying "did you eat?" Which means I didn't eat would you make me something.

Bosses that request a meeting but don't tell you what it is about. I guess they don't want good answers to the questions they ask.

I hate when the Starbucks clerk looks at me like I'm uncouth because I simply asked for a large coffee.

I hate Sh1tsucks in general. They've brainwashed a large chunk of society to think that a 20 oz. drink that only has MAYBE 5 oz. of actual coffee is coffee. IF I have to go in, I ask, in the style of Dennis Leary, for "coffee flavored f@#kin' coffee".

Lol, hi Shecky.
I love that movie. Just had to break it out.

Wait, this is the hate thread.

I hate Tom Cruise, Britney Spears and any other supposedly talented twit who just won't go away.

I hate TV with very few exceptions.

I hate mashed pototoes, cucumbers, pickles and eggplant.

idk_my_bff_jill.jpg

:D

I hate...pickles...

I think I just died a little.

How can anyone hate pickles??? It's ok, it's ok... that just means there's more for me, right? Yeah, yeah, more for me...

I hate beets - seriously, they taste like dirt.

Back