**** You Home Depot!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do appreciate the postive comments. What I think I have decided to do is to cut the back piece so that it will fit inside the two side pieces and that will account for the extra board that I cut and measured wrong at Home Depot.

I'm going over to my Dad's house tomorrow to do the cutting since he has a saw and I see no need in buying one to make one cut and then never use it again.

I will post up pics when it's done.

I see no need in buying one to make one cut and then never use it again.

DUDE....

You need to learn one thing to be a guy. BUY TOOLS. PEROID!

ANY reason to buy tools is a gift from GOD.

Next thing is Look closely at your joints. Sit back and examine the joints and the stresses that will be placed on them. Butt joints will work for ya here BUT just make sure that the hinges don't put too much stress on them. Make sure you use the angle brackets to beef up the joints. Those spring loaded hinges will rip the joints apart very soon.

P.S. have the girlfriend buy you tools.

If you want something done right, do it yourself. That way when you foul up stuff you get the full pleasure and experience of doing it over and over and over until you get it right so that next time you only have to do it over and over instead of over and over and over, Over?

Man I agree 100% with you~ I have learned the hard way trusting people to do things right and they dont. I always try to do things I need done right myself and would rather learn and research how to do something right then pay someone (most of the time) tons of cash for them to do something half a$$ed. Its really not that hard to learn to cut wood and do it the right way. Just borrow a saw and and practice on a few scrap pieces and maybe go on youtube or something and look for advice. U will be much more satisfied that you did it yourself and will have learned something new!

Are you serious! So u really think that you will never need to cut another piece of wood or anything else for that matter for the rest of your life here on Earth. What the F? Do you even own any tools? You can buy a decent circular saw for very cheap.

Next thing is Look closely at your joints. Sit back and examine the joints and the stresses that will be placed on them. Butt joints will work for ya here BUT just make sure that the hinges don't put too much stress on them. Make sure you use the angle brackets to beef up the joints. Those spring loaded hinges will rip the joints apart very soon.

Thanks, I have a two of the "L" braces on each joint. Is that what you're talking about?

Are you serious! So u really think that you will never need to cut another piece of wood or anything else for that matter for the rest of your life here on Earth. What the F? Do you even own any tools? You can buy a decent circular saw for very cheap.

Ok, maybe this will calm all the bro's posts saying, "your not a man if you don't own tools"

I live in a small apartment with my girlfriend. We don't have the room nor the need for a saw. Maybe you live in a nice big house with your loving family, but I don't. ****, I don't even have a water hose hookup. So can we stop with the "buy some tools, you p*&@y" posts?

Once again, I appreciate those of you who actually helped me. I really do. It's funny to see the way people act on boards. Most of you would never talk this way to someone you met in person. I've been on boards for many years and have never been looked down on like I have in this thread. I regret posting it.

thats' about normal for the S**t for brains people who work at the home depot's around here.

bummer dude!

I've been on boards for many years and have never been looked down on like I have in this thread. I regret posting it.

The original title of your thread set the tone for what you received!

And for those who like to bash HD employees, several of the people I have met at the local HD are extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Sure they have some lackluster types who don't know anything but many aim to please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back