Yeast usage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desrtdwller

Reaction score
Getting ready to start my first 5 gal batch and took a glance at the back I the yeast package.

Noticed it indicates dosage is 1/gal

Can I use a single package for the entire 5 gal?

~DD

Getting ready to start my first 5 gal batch and took a glance at the back I the yeast package.

Noticed it indicates dosage is 1/gal

Can I use a single package for the entire 5 gal?

~DD

What yeast is it? I've never seen a wine / beer / cider yeast sold at my LHBS that was for less than 5 gallons.

Nottingham

image-1993945078.jpg

image-171454335.jpg

Near the top of the second pic is the dosage instruction

Magnified pic o instruction area of package below:

image-4186045381.jpg

~DD

Sorry. Duplicate post from iPhone while in pure H*ll at my grandsons birthday party at Chuckie Effing Cheese.....

/slashmywrists.....

They're going through changes over there, but you can use 11g for 5 gallons (or 1 gallon). Are you in the USA?

Apparently their "date stamping machine" was stamping a little too hard and puncturing the vacuum seal but I thought was corrected months ago which is why I was wondering where you are from. I can say that they might be taking a "precautious" stance on it by saying to "overpitch" but I wouldn't.

Apparently their "date stamping machine" was stamping a little too hard and puncturing the vacuum seal but I thought was corrected months ago which is why I was wondering where you are from. I can say that they might be taking a "precautious" stance on it by saying to "overpitch" but I wouldn't.

I am in the US. Las Vegas to be exact. I need to fill out my profile so that shows.

The vacuum seal is not broken on my bags. There is no indentation where the date stamp is.

I think I am going to use one bag and do a starter so I get a good fermentation going before pitching and increase the cell count.....

Thanks,

~DD

Latest posts

Back