Wyeast Nutrient

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XXXBrewDude

Reaction score
Anyone know if the Wyeast Nutrient Blend will expire? I've had some in the garage storage for 3 years.

I think its just yeast lysate and some minerals, which should be pretty shelf stable. I bet your fine. At the very least, you won't be hurting the yeast.

Are you implying that they are hiding something and it lasts longer or shorter than a year? Enquiring minds want to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It sounds an awful like other expiration dates that turn out to be not so much an expiration as a best before date. That said, spending $2.50 a year on a fresh tube seems like cheap insurance

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I think its just yeast lysate and some minerals, which should be pretty shelf stable. I bet your fine. At the very least, you won't be hurting the yeast.

I agree. I have a tube that has been sitting in my cupboard for at least 3 years. It worked fine for a mead and a cyser last summer

Back