WTF: Help me understand this recent cultural phenomena

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erbium:YAG said:
WTF is it with the person in the car in front of me, making a right hand turn at a snails pace. I swear they must think they're taxiing a 747 around that corner and sweating bullets the whole way through.

also applies to the a$$ making the left turn who waits until oncoming traffic comes to a complete stop, burning up the green arrow because shes sitting to far into the intersection to see the lights

Can't BELIEVE someone hasn't asked this one yet, but WTF is up with "Jenkem"?? And if you don't know what that is....Google it...just have a bucket handy...

and while we are on the subject here are a few more:

for all of you in big ten country...hows about the Comcast vs. Big ten / Big Ten vs. Comcast routine? That wasn't tiring in August.....

Detroit Drivers...not metro Detroit drivers, but real Detroit drivers. Here is a group of people that finds the rules of the road do not apply to them. This has to be their thought pattern. "Lets see. I have to cross traffic. as i look to my left traffic is clear. As i look to my right traffic is bumper to bumper. Will i wait until i see a break in traffic in both directions and safely pull out? NAAHHHHH why do that when i can pull out half way now, block oncoming traffic until i see a free space. Its not like i care who i inconvienance. As long as i get out as soon as possible is all i am worried about. O, and i may cut you off if i get to impatient!!!"

Christians. Nothing better to hear than I am going to hell told to me by priests, who if i have this correct, are supposed to represent themselves as conduits to God all the while molesting UNDERAGE BOYS and condemning the gay population. To top it off Vatican City protects them. WTF is that.

And here is my disclaimer: To anyone who subscribes to any of the beliefs or practices above and shares a diffrent opinion, i mean no offense. Have a homebrew!!

Arrog@nt B@st@rd said:
Can't BELIEVE someone hasn't asked this one yet, but WTF is up with "Jenkem"?? And if you don't know what that is....Google it...just have a bucket handy...
Never heard of it until now, thanks alot! :confused:

People who always have their cellphone ringer on...when pretty much every model is made with a silent vibrate function.....

Originally posted by Zul'jin
I wear a belt and suspenders.

"I've done a lot of lying in my time. I've lied to men who wear belts, I've lied to men who wear suspenders. But I've never lied to a man who wears both belt and suspenders." - Kirk Douglas (as Charles Tatum in Ace in the Hole)

Helmy said:
Christians. Nothing better to hear than I am going to hell told to me by priests, who if i have this correct, are supposed to represent themselves as conduits to God all the while molesting UNDERAGE BOYS and condemning the gay population. To top it off Vatican City protects them. WTF is that.

And here is my disclaimer: To anyone who subscribes to any of the beliefs or practices above and shares a diffrent opinion, i mean no offense. Have a homebrew!!

The disclaimer is a little weak, but it does reminds me of the classic Italian disclaimer. You can say the most vile and outrageous things as long as it's prefaced by "no disrespect, but..."

e.g.:

No disrespect, but your sister's a whore.

or

No disrespect, but Nothing better to hear than I am going to hell told to me by priests, who if i have this correct, are supposed to represent themselves as conduits to God all the while molesting UNDERAGE BOYS and condemning the gay population. To top it off Vatican City protects them. WTF is that. :fro:

ahh, I wondered what the Jenkem was....didn't know that was the name of it

People who leave their mobile at the desk when they go into a meeting and don't put it on silent.

Had a co-worker who did this almost daily. I just tossed the phone in her trashcan.

Mah pants don't sag. How are you supposed to run from the cops with your waist band around your thighs or lower? I don't know. I wear a belt and suspenders.

Their truth telling qualities are also nice, sometimes.

I'll quote myself at the beginning of the thread.

olllllo said:
WOW!

I was looking at the WTF as in

"I really don't understand what your F'in thought process is, that appears to be a stupid idea that has somehow been deemed acceptable type of deal."
Ex. Uggs, Fat Pipe mufflers, droopy pants.

I wasn't expecting the WTF in the angry sense.

Emphasis mine (of mine).

I dont know if this was commented on yet b/c i just typed and clicked reply but here is goes:

WTF is up with the REAL men/women love jesus bumper stickers. Do you really need to make that statement? Im catholic and my g/f is jewish. Even though im christian i take offense to that. Are you saying that you are better than other people who dont? What happened to believing in what you want to believe in. Things like that sometimes make me ashamed of the human race. While on this topic, WTF is up with people telling you that you need to be saved? saved? Saved from what?

Its not like other bumper stickers or shirts that say real men play football, golf, etc. it was put on there for a point. To make others offended.

Im not going into a debate on it, i just wanted to make my statement.

Brew on!

kush said:
I dont know if this was commented on yet b/c i just typed and clicked reply but here is goes:

WTF is up with the REAL men/women love jesus bumper stickers. Do you really need to make that statement? Im catholic and my g/f is jewish. Even though im christian i take offense to that. Are you saying that you are better than other people who dont? What happened to believing in what you want to believe in. Things like that sometimes make me ashamed of the human race. While on this topic, WTF is up with people telling you that you need to be saved? saved? Saved from what?

Its not like other bumper stickers or shirts that say real men play football, golf, etc. it was put on there for a point. To make others offended.

Im not going into a debate on it, i just wanted to make my statement.

Brew on!

http://store.theonion.com/jesus-is-my-car-insurance-p-117.html

Here where I live (Colorado) people have bumper stickers that say "NATIVE" meaning that they are from Colorado. I'm all like, Wow you're from here, you're sooooo cool are you actually from here...
who cares... they should be embarrased, colorado has some stupid rules and on top of that there are a lot of Native Americans here (not with these stupid stickers though) since this was Indian land until the late 1870's when they found gold on the Indians land... idiots!

Mr. Nice Guy said:
Here where I live (Colorado) people have bumper stickers that say "NATIVE" meaning that they are from Colorado. I'm all like, Wow you're from here, you're sooooo cool are you actually from here...
who cares... they should be embarrased, colorado has some stupid rules and on top of that there are a lot of Native Americans here (not with these stupid stickers though) since this was Indian land until the late 1870's when they found gold on the Indians land... idiots!

The Clovis lived there before Indians drove them out. They were native.

I've seen many complaints about bad drivers, had to toss in my .02
In my younger and dumber days I was passed by a soccer mom, talking on her cell phone, while turned around hitting her "honor student" in the back seat of the suburban assault vehicle she was driving at over 100mph. I know she was going over 100 since I was going that fast.

I was young and immortal, what was her excuse?

WTF is up with people who do something really ******* then some other ******* screams we need a new law against it, WHEN IT WAS ILLEGAL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! And next thing you know, we have more laws against it.

Sigh

Besides, what ever happened to survival of the fittest or smartest? Pretty soon that movie "Idiocracy" will be more truth than fiction.

I blame it all on ipods.

(Well not really. That just sounded as intelligent as the average statement on FOX news. And I wanted to fit in.)

kush said:
WTF is up with the REAL men/women love jesus bumper stickers.

What I like even better is when they give you the finger or yell at you as they pass because you are going slower then they wanted to. :rockin:

WTF is up with humanity? I need to move to a place where there are no people, or at least there are not most people.....a few thousand spread out nice and far would be fine.

I'm tired of people and their religion or lack of religion. Their cultures, social norms, wars, poverty, diseases, famines, elections, arguments, brat children, stupid cars, taxes, money, electronics, jobs, beliefs and organic everything really piss me off.

I just want a spread of land where I can grow my own food, and enough brewing supplies for the rest of my life. :mug:

WTF is up with celebrities giving their opinions on everything related to science, medicine, politics, etc? ******* f***ing journalists asking for their opinions? Who f***ing cares what Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Whoopie Goldberg, or any other dipsh*t that pretends for a living, thinks of anything!

I used to like Chuck Norris, but I don't give a rat's ass who he is voting for or why!

WTF is up with little kid backpacks coming with a pull-out handle so they can drag it behind them on wheels. Seriously, does a box of crayons and a lunchbox really weigh that much?!

And we wonder why obesity is getting worse..........

WTF is up with existence? I mean, why is there something instead of nothing?

There are 30 billion trillion stars in the visible universe. WTF is up with them? Do they have planets with people on them?

Since we can only see 4% of the mass in the universe, that leaves a lot of stuff we can't see. WTF is up with that? Is that where God is?

Beerthoven said:

There are 30 billion trillion stars in the visible universe. WTF is up with them? Do they have planets with people on them?

Since we can only see 4% of the mass in the universe, that leaves a lot of stuff we can't see. WTF is up with that? Is that where God is?

Dude, read "Being and Nothingness" or "Being and Time". It will make your head spin, but it will attempt to answer your questions.

Beerthoven said:

I saw something on TV the other day talking about 'white hole' basically the reverse of a 'black hole'. They stated matter was just appearing out of it. That hurts just thinking about it. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back