WTF: Help me understand this recent cultural phenomena

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheJadedDog said:
I was just gonna mention that I have never seen those anywhere I've been in NE and I've been to rural areas in NH, VT, and ME.

I have. One place. You know where?

The parking lot at the Ben & Jerry's factory.

Something WAY wrong with that...

8 year old Poontang. If I wanted to see it, I'd pay the $19.95 a month to an offshore website. I don't, however, want to see it peaking at me from under an 8 year old's teeny tiny transparent skirt or shorts that have no legs. Seriously, who are these "mothers"???? In the last month I have seen no less than FIVE pre-teens with their stuff showing! I'm totally serious on this one. Walmart, restraunts, mall, etc. And it's not like they are hanging with their friends. Mom is right there helping them pick out a new teeny tiny see-through skirt. Does mom know that her daughter isn't wearing underwear?? Maybe she does. Maybe she's really proud that her daughter is a slut. At least COVER UP HER HOO-HAA! Apple doesn't fall far, does it, mom?

drunkatuw said:
I don't think I'll ever understand this one. Why would you want testicles hanging from your pickup truck?!?!?!

Driving home after thanksgiving, I saw quite a few of these (especially while driving through WI).

Okay, now I know I'm from the wrong generation. I thought all transportation vehicles: cars, trucks, planes, boats, etc., were supposed to be female.

Todd said:
WTF is up with people who think they need to control everyone else? recently atvs have been banned around the area (rural area), we still can only buy beer at a bar, I don't know the list goes on.

Is being able to buy beer at a grocery store really going to have any impact on drinking related problems? If anything I'd think the fact you have to buy a full case would lead to more drinking.

You are correct. Since I moved to Pennsylvania ( a great state by the way ) I marvel at the stupidity of the liquor laws especially the ones involving beer.

For example under no circumstances can you buy beer in a supermarket of convieince store. You do have to remember the following rules... cant buy less than a case at a beer "distributor" / racketering mart. Is this supposed to get you less drunk? You can however get plowed at a bar and then buy a six pack on the way out the door as they sell them by the six pack...

Is their any sense here?

I have absolutly no problem with ATV bans. I live in a canyon, 7 miles from anywhere. There is no public land anywhere near here. And yet ATV riders from the valley go trespassing all day long every freaking summer.

If you post signs, they just rip them down and claim they didn't know.

If more ATV riders had a sense of where it was appropriate for them to ride, I might have some sympathy.

shafferpilot-

Maybe because in Alaska people get killed on private land. So the State troopers are real adamant when you call and complain.

MikeFlynn74 said:
shafferpilot-

Maybe because in Alaska people get killed on private land. So the State troopers are real adamant when you call and complain.

sounds good to me! shoot first ask questions later. How much nicer it would be if everyone had a loaded gun;)

drunkatuw said:
I don't think I'll ever understand this one. Why would you want testicles hanging from your pickup truck?!?!?!

http://www.bullsballs.com/red/truck/balls.html
dodgtballs22.jpg

Driving home after thanksgiving, I saw quite a few of these (especially while driving through WI).

+1
These are stoopid... I've seen them around town here and I don't understand it. What's the point? :(

feedthebear said:
If you post signs, they just rip them down and claim they didn't know.

Sounds like you need to hang the No Trespassing signs on small chains strung across the canyon walls to me. Or maybe just across the gate. The police in Utah are a joke.

I am horrified by the 'fashions' the kids these days have. While I was waiting in line to take a drug test (new job) I saw some welfairies walk in, one with her sweet 7 year old daughter in designer sweats. Now why on earth would this white trash mother think that it's a good idea to dress her daughter in sweats with WORDS WRITTEN ON THE ARSE? That's just wrong! Eww ew ewww!!!

The 'lady' herself was a piece of work too, bad bleach job on her hair, makeup gun was set to 'whore', wearing lo-riders that were way too small so she had muffin-top hips, and a lacy frilly bra under a skintight haltertop that followed the contours of her belly rolls.

Sounds like you need to hang the No Trespassing signs on small chains strung across the canyon walls to me. Or maybe just across the gate. The police in Utah are a joke.

Do that and its murder 1. There was a guy up here who strun chains an piano wire across trees. Decapped a guy- he got 25 years for premed murder. Its the same as a booby trap. You could kill a first responder or a cop on an atv as well

In that case, use yellow Nylon rope instead and if you catch 'em out there, pull a Cheney.

"I was just hunting on my property, officer." :D

This coming from an avid dirtbiker. I avoid private land like the plague because even out here in yuppie CA, some people will shoot at you. 50/50 chance it's a hopped-up methhead anyway. My bike is green stickered, so public land is no problem.

Now that I think about it, I've come across booby traps too. :eek:

I've done all kinds of offroading, in/on all sorts of vehicles..... But it's always been on private land WITH permission!

yea you usually dont get shot at when you do that.

Some people think that as far as they can see is thier private land.

MikeFlynn74 said:
Do that and its murder 1. There was a guy up here who strun chains an piano wire across trees. Decapped a guy- he got 25 years for premed murder. Its the same as a booby trap. You could kill a first responder or a cop on an atv as well

You do know that I have a propensity for giving really bad advice, don't you? Of course it's dangerous and could be considered premeditation! I don't see the big deal about putting up a chain across your own gate though. Piano wire is going too far. The trespassers could totally see the pianos hanging in the air :D

hey whats that baby grand *slice*....

Chain on thegate Ithink is legal. Although I woulndt try it in Cali with the liberal idiots that get put on a jury there.

MikeFlynn74 said:
feedthebear

If that was private land- the police would stop that

The township I live in covers over 21,000 acres. There is a cluster of 250 houses in a canyon and the rest of the land is owned by a mine. The ATV riders like to cruise the property line between the residents and the mine, but on the mine side. The police need the property owner who's land is being tresspassed on to call. So if the residents call, they won't respond.

For the most part, the mine only posts signs and puts up gates and chains to block roads. Only rarely do they actually call the police in to arrest them.

Last year, I managed to convince their PR guy that regardless of if "no tresspassing" is signed on their fences, if they routinly ignore the ATV riders it can become a liability issue for them. So they did actually crack down a little this past summer. But still not near enough.

feedthebear

I never violated private property knowlingy- And if I ever did and the owner said something I would apologise. That being said I understand your frustration.

Hell my wifes car got damn near totaled in a hit and run and the cops refused to do anything. I know cops are lazy.

Spam that makes no sense. WTF???!!!

While I HATE spam, I understand mass advertising appeal and its potential effects. However, I don't understand spam with NO message whatsoever. For example, the subject of one has a rather sexually explicit connotation with lots of misspellings, but the body is a long story about stock in an unnamed fish company, and it has no links or further advertising.

The subject of another makes it seem as if the company is selling generic drugs, but the body reads:

you present them, Howard. It is
http://*******.com
is quite possible that to be suspected, so

i’m is proud to present Cause Effect, a series about real people making a difference. Learn more

Why? Why must I get these messages? It's not hard to delete them...but it's hard to understand why anyone would take the time to send them in the first place!

olllllo said:
So, at the risk of offending you here goes.

WTF is with the following auto decal:

"In Loving Memory of "
<insert name here>
<insert dates here>

I never gave you the 'props' I felt you deserved for this one(post and thread), so here goes: :mug:
You rock olllllo, wish we could hang more often!

WTF is up with people putting reindeer antlers on the outside of their car at Christmas time?

Honestly, people .......

WTF is up with this slang typing younger kids are doing today?

Example:

"dis car is 2 lo 4 me 2 drive dizy dem springs or shokz need replacin? plz help me lolz!"

I was recently banned from a car forum b/c a young lady joined and every post was typed in some form like that... i know i wasn't alone b/c a few other member expresed their feelings to her and told her to type normal...

she was rude and typed something to the effect:

"i dun kno y ya'll r so mean or sum1 2 kik ur but, like my boo will 4 realz brek ur neks."

i had only mentioned that in the real world any professional company or any person in general (other than her circle of friends) would read that and immediately make the assumption that she is a dolt and illiterate. i was banned for "insulting her".

DaveyBoy said:
WTF is up with people putting reindeer antlers on the outside of their car at Christmas time?

Honestly, people .......

i saw a wreath on the grill of a mini-van that had working xmas lights on it... i was baffled.

BraeHaus said:
I was recently banned from a car forum b/c a young lady joined and every post was typed in some form like that... i know i wasn't alone b/c a few other member expresed their feelings to her and told her to type normal...

she was rude and typed something to the effect:

"i dun kno y ya'll r so mean or sum1 2 kik ur but, like my boo will 4 realz brek ur neks."

i had only mentioned that in the real world any professional company or any person in general (other than her circle of friends) would read that and immediately make the assumption that she is a dolt and illiterate. i was banned for "insulting her".
Which forum was that? I only ask so I know which one to avoid. The forums I hang around on usually have mods that share the same view as you, so they come down on the morons too. :mug:

Not a grille-wreath, but somethin more interesting I spotted yesterday:
killer-dodge.jpg

That's a bloody leg stump above the foglights.

Brew Runner said:
Which forum was that? I only ask so I know which one to avoid. The forums I hang around on usually have mods that share the same view as you, so they come down on the morons too. :mug:

Not a grille-wreath, but somethin more interesting I spotted yesterday:
killer-dodge.jpg

That's a bloody leg stump above the foglights.

i'll PM it to you, even tho I disagree with the forums new direction and moderation, i won't spoil it for everyone :)

olllllo said:

"In Loving Memory of "
<insert name here>
<insert dates here>

So many questions here.

1) What is the memorial that is, "In Memory"? Is it the auto? The rear windshield? Is it the decal itself?

2) Was this auto somehow involved in the tragedy?

3) Am I supposed to bow my head or acknowlege your greif when I pass you?

4) Do you think this absolves you when you cut me off? Am I supposed to cut you some slack?

5) Is the auto the final resting place for the named individual?

6) Will this trend leap to other forms of transportation, such as an RV or a bicycle or boat? What about public transportation?

7) Will this trend expand to other forms of personal tragedy such as

"My wife / husband"
<insert name here>
"left me for another man / woman on"
<insert date here>

8) If I know the deceased, may I show my respects by adding decal flowers?

In summary: What exactly is anyone supposed to do with this information?

And WTF is up with selling said decal and not letting me right click and lift the Mofo'n image so I can post it here.

http://www.customlabels4u.com/decals-memory.htm

You've copyrighted a death decal? I need my own original idea to become a death merchant like you- owner of customlabels4u?

I went and checked out the website and I think www.customlabels4u.com is offering a great product that very obviously is giving those left behind some peace by being able to see the name displayed of a passed loved one. So my question to you is "SO WHAT??" If it makes someone feel better then wtf do you care what they do with the info?? Give these people a break and just turn your wtf face the other way if you don't like it. My mom passed away at an early age from breast cancer and I display her name proudly with a ribbon decal because it gives ME a warm-sweet-reminisce kind of feeling to see her name on my car everyday, eventhough I know she's not here anymore. And I did not purchase it to annoy YOU. I see it on many cars so apparently a lot of people feel the same way. People do what they can to deal with grief in their own way. What a pitiful post you made! How lame and how cruel/cold!

olllllo said:

"In Loving Memory of "
<insert name here>
<insert dates here>

So many questions here.

1) What is the memorial that is, "In Memory"? Is it the auto? The rear windshield? Is it the decal itself?

2) Was this auto somehow involved in the tragedy?

3) Am I supposed to bow my head or acknowlege your greif when I pass you?

4) Do you think this absolves you when you cut me off? Am I supposed to cut you some slack?

5) Is the auto the final resting place for the named individual?

6) Will this trend leap to other forms of transportation, such as an RV or a bicycle or boat? What about public transportation?

7) Will this trend expand to other forms of personal tragedy such as

"My wife / husband"
<insert name here>
"left me for another man / woman on"
<insert date here>

8) If I know the deceased, may I show my respects by adding decal flowers?

In summary: What exactly is anyone supposed to do with this information?

And WTF is up with selling said decal and not letting me right click and lift the Mofo'n image so I can post it here.

http://www.customlabels4u.com/decals-memory.htm

You've copyrighted a death decal? I need my own original idea to become a death merchant like you- owner of customlabels4u?

I went and checked out the website and I think customlabels4u.com is offering a great product that very obviously is giving those left behind some peace by being able to see the name displayed of a passed loved one. So my question to you is "SO WHAT??" If it makes someone feel better then wtf do you care what they do with the info?? Give these people a break and just turn your wtf face the other way if you don't like it. My mom passed away at an early age from breast cancer and I display her name proudly with a ribbon decal because it gives ME a warm-sweet-reminisce kind of feeling to see her name on my car everday, eventhough I know she's not here anymore. And I did not purchase it to annoy YOU. I see it on many cars so apparently a lot of people feel the same way. People do what they can to deal with grief in their own way. What a pitiful post you made!

I'll follow up your rhetorical question with one of my own.

You logged in to a beer forum and made those your 1st and 2nd (duplicate) posts???

Well if people feel the same as you consider my post a great google link for them. http://www.customlabels4u.com/decals-memory.htm

This was as much a post about putting a tribute on a disposable consumer item. People trade in cars an average age is 6 years.

Most people own their homes longer.

Just saying.

WTF is up with people signing up to a beer forum and not posting about beer! At least they could post and introduction before they go and start bashing the MODs!

Something like:
"Hi I just signed up and have no interest in making beer or hell even drinking beer I just took the time to sign up to waste you all's bandwith and annoy you with my post's. Hope that you all have some good insight to share with me on how much of an annoyance I am"

</rant>

Carry On.

I know Im a newbie to the forum and venting can be fun. But whose all drinkin the haterade? Have a home brew smile, life to to short to be negative.:mug:

DesertBrew said:
RHR_HD-Beyonce.jpg

THIS COMMERCIAL - ARGGHH!!

Thank goodness someone else thought this was a ridiculous advertisement. I am so sick of this psuedo-music floating around on nothing but hard beats and digitally faked vocals. Let me here some real music pleeeaaasssee... Hence i have a 250+ record collection ^_^.

On another note, that's kind of a bad foot to start on here Abby don't you say?

WOP31 said:
Here ya go I highjacked it for you, But I have no explination of why this is going on.

We appreciate all the traffic you are sending to our site!! ;-)

i freakin HATE that beyonce commercial. except for when she has that "upgrade" medallion in her mouth....thats pretty hot....other than that shes annoying...

also I hate those back window in memory of stickers....i mean we all have had sorrow and loved ones pass but we dont need to publicly advertise them.

I saw someones suv today whose whole back window was "How sweet is the name of Jesus"

I almost crashed my freakin car guffawing.....yup alot can be said for moving to the bible belt...

ooohhhh...i have another one that is not politically correct.....but I hate when professional football players wear jewelry....

especially when they are...ahem....newly drafted...not playing.....soon to be....star quarterbacks....with GIGANTIC bling diamond earrings.....

if this makes me a racist then so be it....but when he was playing and I would watch, HOPING that someone would rip Warrick Dunns freakin insanely large chain off his neck....

just my rant....

:cross:

Back