Words and phrases I hate

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Slang is slang

So do you "Google" things instead of searching for them? Or ask for a "Kleenex" when any facial tissue would work? Ain't has been around far longer. It is not necessarily accepted as being the proper way to say 'am not', but sometimes you ain't gonna do it and saying am not just does not cut it.
:D

So do you "Google" things instead of searching for them? Or ask for a "Kleenex" when any facial tissue would work? Ain't has been around far longer. It is not necessarily accepted as being the proper way to say 'am not', but sometimes you ain't gonna do it and saying am not just does not cut it.
:D

Lol my Dad slapped for bad grammar, so no. I do not say ain't. Ain't is the gateway slang to cain't and thar. <grin>

Your smart phone will do that. And you should because those people deserve it.

Well yeah I just got one after having my ancient lg env2 for years since it came out. I can barely navigate my moto x right now yet.:eek: Think I may make it my ringtone to annoy myself more.:p Ill be " I know. riiight?-ing " all day now. All through the stores and everything.

"Excuse you."

I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way. "Excuse me" is polite; "excuse you" is just a passive-aggressive way of saying "get the F out of my way."

"Excuse you."

I don't know, it just rubs me the wrong way. "Excuse me" is polite; "excuse you" is just a passive-aggressive way of saying "get the F out of my way."

a few of my favorite responses to that one are, "Flocc yo mama!", "Go suck my grandma's d**k.", and "I swear you don't get the flocc out of my way, I'll fist flocc your throat."

Any food supposedly so good you'll "slap yo moma". Why would I slap my mom? For one, it's rude. For two, it's domestic violence. For three, it'd probably get me shot. And aside from all that, why should a pleasurable dining experience provoke such rage? I don't get it. I ain't slapping my moma. Nor my mama. Nor my ma'ma.

You know what? This is the one. I hate "slap yo moma" even more than "perception is reality".

Any food supposedly so good you'll "slap yo moma". Why would I slap my mom? For one, it's rude. For two, it's domestic violence. For three, it'd probably get me shot. And aside from all that, why should a pleasurable dining experience provoke such rage? I don't get it. I ain't slapping my moma. Nor my mama. Nor my ma'ma.

You know what? This is the one. I hate "slap yo moma" even more than "perception is reality".

Hate that too!

Teh

The misspelled version of the word 'the' that people use when textingtyping/what have you. For some reason people refuse to correct it when they misspell it.

Teh

The misspelled version of the word 'the' that people use when textingtyping/what have you. For some reason people refuse to correct it when they misspell it.

Add to that all the lolcat-speak.
"I can haz...?"
"I are serious cat, this are serious thread"
"I'm in yer____"
"Oh, hai there"

But Ceiling Cat is still kind of OK.
ceiling-cat-is-watching-you-masturbate-thumb.jpg

Add to that all the lolcat-speak.
"I can haz...?"
"I are serious cat, this are serious thread"
"I'm in yer____"
"Oh, hai there"

But Ceiling Cat is still kind of OK.
ceiling-cat-is-watching-you-masturbate-thumb.jpg

If we are going there "kitteh" or any other word where people end a word that ends in -y with -eh.

Unusual use of prepositions by the born again bunch. I believe IN rather than ON certain concepts and tools are used BY rather than OF the one who wields them. I'm sure there are other examples but I try not to listen at churchy types because they drive me under the edge and beyond the bend.

seen a few of these on here already but I hate
"just sayin"
"tweet"
"I 'liked' it"
when "gonna" is typed out or "Ima"
"epic"
When talking about computer applications being "rich" or "agile"
We're "Changing history" No. You're not.
"Moar" instead of "More" and any kind of 'internet speak' that's misspelled because it's "cool"

"Moar" instead of "More" and any kind of 'internet speak' that's misspelled because it's "cool"

Or any other unnecessary shortening of words that are already short.

Blog from weblog is a prime example though a little dated because who web logs anymore?
OK to just K

Guys using emoticon smileys. Its cute coming from a female, from men its kind of embarassing. Maybe I am sexist in that way

"Obviously" and "needless to say" when the next (or previous) sentence is not obvious and does need to be said. Needless to say, I see it on these forums a good bit, obviously.

Back