Woodshop roll call

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You coming?

• Hell no, I hate beer

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Hell no, I hate people

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell no, I hate cheese plates

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hell yes, I may hate beer but I love to tick

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

nanobrew1

Reaction score
How many of you BTers are going to Woodshop? If you do not know what I am talking about, here you go:

It is with great pleasure that we extend this formal invitation to The 8th Annual Woodshop Tasting, which will take place on Saturday, October 26th, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM at The Hermosillo Club in Highland Park, Los Angeles. The Hermosillo is a great neighborhood craft beer bar in LA and the location of the upcoming Highland Park Brewing Company, and its owners have been longtime friends and supporters of Woodshops of yore, so we are very excited to be able to collaborate and co-host this latest chapter with them.

If you’re a Woodshop veteran and all you want to know is the bare essentials of the party so you can purchase your tickets, here you go…

The Hermosillo Club
5125 York Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90042

Saturday, October 26th from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM

$40 pre-paid via PayPal, which includes unlimited draft beer pours during the event, one custom Woodshop snifter, and access to the bottle-share, as well a light lunch during the event, including artisan cheese spread, beer floats, and a few other special treats we are working on.

$20 additional for a custom Woodshop 8 t-shirt (specify size with your payment: S, M, L, XL, or XXL)

PLEASE NOTE: T-shirt orders must be in by Sunday, October 13th or we will not be able to print them in time. Get it while it’s hot! They’re awesome shirts.

Pre-pay via PayPal to account
[email protected]. You MUST include your first and last name and the name of any other guests you are paying for, and please also include your RateBeer or BeerAdvocate username if you have an account on either site.

Admission is non-refundable. If you find you cannot attend after purchasing a ticket, please just contact me and I will try to connect you with someone to take your place. Feel free to e-mail or call with any other questions.

For the uninitiated, here is a great deal more information…

The Woodshop Tasting is fashioned as an indulgent beer connoisseur’s beer festival and bottle-share. It is organized and run as a sort of underground beer nerd event by a small group of longtime, dedicated LA-area beer lovers, and is designed to showcase the best of what the craft beer world can offer, both locally and globally. This year's party will feature much of the same Woodshop goodness of years past, with a nice variety of carefully selected draft offerings, special cask-conditioned beers, a massive bottle-share, and many other twists and wrinkles like beer-and-cheese pairings, a one-time Woodshop food menu, a blind tasting showdown, and probably even beer cocktails or another surprise or two we're working on. As always, we encourage all guests to bring a bottle or few (or more) of the best beers from your cellar to share with any and all in attendance. We like to think of this tasting as a perfect occasion to sample those special bottles you've been saving for just the right moment.

The core draft beer line-up is still in the works, but rest assured that it will feature a diverse mix of many of the best beers made by many of the best brewers around. Past years’ line-ups have included beers like AleSmith Kopi Luwak Speedway and Barrel-Aged Speedway on Cask, Cigar City Rum Barrel-Aged Imperial Milk Porter, Alpine Duet, Moonlight Reality Czeck, Lost Abbey Framboise de Amorosa and Red Poppy, Beachwood Melrose IPA, Craftsman Sour Lavender, Firestone Barrel Aged Lil’ Opal, and The Bruery BeRazzled, to name a few. This year we're working on a similarly diverse and excellent list. And all draft and cask beers will be included with your price of admission, to savor and enjoy to your heart’s content.

Woodshop 8 will run from 10:00 AM until 5:00 PM, after which point The Hermosillo will open to the general public (but the Woodshop-only beer and food offerings will no longer be available). You can of course feel free to stay and continue to enjoy the excellent food and drink of the regular Hermosillo Club menu. Call it an "on-site afterparty."

I know that was a lot of info, so:

TLDR: Kick ass bottle share, amazing people, unlimited AMAZING draft beer (highlights last year were Mission Impeachable, Kopi Speedway, BA cask Speedway, FdA, Red Poppy, Melrose IPA, CC Rum Imp Milk Porter, etc) food, keeper glass, all for only $40.

If you are in SoCal, no excuse not to come. If you are from out of town, now is the time to visit SoCal. Come to Woodshop, then on Tuesday is the BT release at the Bruery, and then from Nov 1-10 is SD beer week.

P.S. If TalkBeer.com shirts were going to get made, it would be cool if they could be made in time for this event. Typically name tags with people's online handles are handed out so everyone can put a face to the online names.

Last edited by a moderator:
How many of you BTers are going to Woodshop?

Blah blah blah blah

P.S. If TalkBeer.com shirts were going to get made, it would be cool if they could be made in time for this event. Typically name tags with people's online handles are handed out so everyone can put a face to the online names.

I'll be there and am REALLY looking forward to it. Last year was my first time and a total blast-for me, it's neck and neck with FoBAB for my favorite beer event, which is pretty impressive since it's just one guy (Chris Q.) that single-handedly puts the whole thing together AFAIK. Hope Mission Impecheable is on again this year...that **** is unreal.

I too would love to rep BT with a shirt if they materialized by then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe I've never made one of these. It will happen someday. Sounds like a blast from all who go.

This year, Woodshop is the same day as Woodshed. . . that is, the day Nevada hosts UNLV and takes them out behind the woodshed for the like, 9th time in a row, keeps college football's most expensive and largest trophy!

funlv3.jpg

A2plL-5CEAA5yio.jpg:large

300x300.jpg

388759_534331826587017_853545357_n.jpg

After getting an invite last year, paypaling over money within 5 minutes only to get a reply (and a refund) saying I didn't make "the cut" I don't see many Woodshops in my future.

that sucks. You should give it another go. Chris handles this all on his own and on the side, so I am guessing there were some mistakes. Last year was my first year. I got put on a reserve list as I responded late, but a spot opened up for me.

I'll be there if tickets are still available on Friday.

Moderately severe car accident = no monies to spend on beer right now :(

Back